Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Personal allowance 602 13
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 362 10
- VAT on employee loan 282 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 941 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 99 2
- Accountants website 367 5
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 218 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 676 29
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 164 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 448 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 89 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 109 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,406 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 218 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 171 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 219 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 201 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 718 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 152 1
- Purchased Goodwill 163 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,083
- Moving away from CCH software 937
- QROP pension input amounts 429
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 373
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 345
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 313
- fraud 271
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 241
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 214
- Construction CIS LLP Company 193