Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Anyone else still working this week? 393 13
- Childcare vouchers 333 7
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,402 9
- Using home as clients registered address 106 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 509 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 100 2
- How much does the company pay 695 30
- AIA 284 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 173 5
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 51 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 249 2
- I have done a terrible thing 777 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 357 8
- Not paying accountant 1,867 46
- Cash basis VAT return 100 1
- VAT on Business Premises 100 2
- Consolidation Software 145 2
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,037 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,210 32
- LLp Profits 142 5
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 468
- Advice - 320
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 271
- WWOOFers 260
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 237
- Cocaine anyone? 224
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176