Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 411 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,526 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 997 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 198 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 67 1
- Circular shareholding 199 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 174 6
- business card address 267 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 207 2
- Declined for business bank account 166 4
- Loan to a related company 68 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 630 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 323 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 243 8
- property rental income split 115 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 100 1
- Payroll provider 160 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 149 1
- Family loan 361 8
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,109
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 363
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 299
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 184
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 169