Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Wrong career 420 18
- Would this save hours of your time? 358 8
- Laptop purchase 1,349 20
- PTP software disaster 218 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 153 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 198 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 87 2
- Director's tax return 190 3
- Tricky VAT question 128 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 98 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 226 6
- VT accounts licence key 233 5
- Weely paid employees 210 2
- Splitting the tax year 78 1
- FPS Submission 131 2
- Value pricing 637 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 201 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 127 1
- vat return 220 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 173 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 544
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 290
- Free Tax Legislation? 250
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 234
- Director Loan account operation 232
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 229
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 224
- Paye procedures for CVA 159