Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- FHL - hedge purchase 99 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 520 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 264 3
- Fees 463 6
- HMRC Post 580 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 431 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 178 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 441 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 288 3
- www.pool.adzio 158 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 188 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,879 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 286 3
- Transactions with directors 480 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 313 9
- Non VAT invoices 249 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,434 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 280 5
- Form 17 Download 197 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 598 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 419
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 214
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 188
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182