Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Property scam victim 370 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 97 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 356 14
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 128 2
- Giving a seminar 255 14
- Website - Should I upgrade? 133 3
- which software to use? 170 2
- jury service 221 6
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 160 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 219 7
- Checking a contract 121 3
- Pattern for CTA 79 1
- VAT on garage rent 249 12
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 142 5
- Related Parties Note 975 12
- Tasks for new trainees 307 7
- Discretionary trust reporting 140 3
- General legal fees 67 1
- Capital gain or not? 251 4
- Are HMRC getting it right? 513 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,121
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 585
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 388
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 294
- Interest on Loan to a Company 195
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 179
- Agent fees to sell business 171
- Alphabet shares 166
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 159
- Residency 91 day rule 149