Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Fixed Assets 235 3
- What are options for non CA firm 1,635 25
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 125 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 119 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,898 35
- Real names 1,135 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 521 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 171 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,385 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 685 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 242 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 122 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 141 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 303 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 2,001 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,976 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 98 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 129 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 167 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 130 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 584
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 339
- Sorry ignore me 327
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 281
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 274
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 264
- Cancelled 207
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 178