Tax return for a taxi driver
I volunteered to help a taxi driver with his tax return. It has been a while since i did an incomplete records job so I am looking for help.
He started in feb this year and prior to that he was employed as a courier.
I foresee the following potential problems
- he didn't get a p45 or p60 from his previous employer and they keep saying they have sent it. He has only some pay slips. Can he get a copy from hmrc?
- all his takings are cash, he says he has records but I am not sure how good they will be. How best to calculate his income?
- he has receipts for petrol, car and radio hire but not things like parking, mobile phone and car wash. Is it ok to put reasonable estimates in for those items with no receipts?
Any advice and tips on how to deal with a client with incomplete records would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 178 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,493 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 123 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 324 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 242 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,241 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 378 6
- Go Cardless 393 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 346 3
- Mehjoo 342 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 168 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 434 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 203 4
- SA302 353 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 299 13
- Bringing money to Uk 308 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 224 4
- Hmrc software 268 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 216 1
- Hosted email exchange 199 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 240
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 218
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 158