tax treatment of a lease on a pub
Have a client who has paid £25k for 10 years remaining on a pub lease from the brewery as well as paying a monthly rental.
Was going to capitalise the lease and write off over 10 years at £2.5k per year.
But how is the £25k paid treated from a tax viewpoint? What tax relief do they get if any and when do they get it?
Have looked around various references but cant find the answer.
PS happy crimbo.
- Director resignation 25 1
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 201 3
- Put fees on website 104 3
- effective advertising 47 1
- Sigma Red 1,305 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 325 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 57 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 138 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 427 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 442 7
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 127 6
- VAT Variation Team 181 3
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 70 1
- Sage help please 291 4
- charges for storing documents 190 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 71 1
- VAT in Eu 65 1
- Sage opening balance / retained profit nightmare! 126 2
- minimum shareholding 89 1
- Budget 2015 - take two 378 4
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 457
- WIP Software 328
- No payroll scheme in place 277
- Is there anything wrong with this? 249
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 243
- Small Part Disposal of Property 223
- Uncommercial property business 216
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 187
- SA Penalty 179