tax treatment of a lease on a pub
Have a client who has paid £25k for 10 years remaining on a pub lease from the brewery as well as paying a monthly rental.
Was going to capitalise the lease and write off over 10 years at £2.5k per year.
But how is the £25k paid treated from a tax viewpoint? What tax relief do they get if any and when do they get it?
Have looked around various references but cant find the answer.
PS happy crimbo.
- inflation rate year on year 162 4
- Accounts Question 104 5
- Deleted question? 734 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,175 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,941 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 704 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,399 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,927 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 655 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 444 4
- VAT Return Errors 181 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 129 5
- Yorkshire Day 608 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 192 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 183 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 382 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 150 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 296 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 154 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 377
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 262
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 232
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 153