tax treatment of a lease on a pub
Have a client who has paid £25k for 10 years remaining on a pub lease from the brewery as well as paying a monthly rental.
Was going to capitalise the lease and write off over 10 years at £2.5k per year.
But how is the £25k paid treated from a tax viewpoint? What tax relief do they get if any and when do they get it?
Have looked around various references but cant find the answer.
PS happy crimbo.
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 289 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 145 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 71 2
- EIS 173 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 63 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 72 1
- Your comments please 235 5
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 90 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 177 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 84 1
- CGT history of shares 137 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 691 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 189 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 116 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 207 2
- Closing my business down 376 20
- Recording Calls 117 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 96 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,307 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,509 21
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 390
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 370
- fraud 294
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 267
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 235
- Construction CIS LLP Company 222
- EPS and CIS deductions 215
- Out of time or not? 199