tax treatment of a lease on a pub
Have a client who has paid £25k for 10 years remaining on a pub lease from the brewery as well as paying a monthly rental.
Was going to capitalise the lease and write off over 10 years at £2.5k per year.
But how is the £25k paid treated from a tax viewpoint? What tax relief do they get if any and when do they get it?
Have looked around various references but cant find the answer.
PS happy crimbo.
- The importance of Grammar 494 13
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 185 6
- Directors loan balance write off in period 328 17
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 39 1
- Childcare 184 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,400 52
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 155 4
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 131 2
- Sole Trader 276 6
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 448 7
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 424 19
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,157 14
- Freelance Accounting link 200 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 131 4
- Hannah's blog post about fish 653 6
- Is this dodgy? 614 15
- App recommendations 538 6
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 119 1
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 239 3
- Can I claim VAT back on accounting fees? 402 8
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 354
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 285
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 270
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 270
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 257
- Electric Car 214
- S222 Charge 194
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 185
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 183
- Company Structure 162