tax treatment of a lease on a pub
Have a client who has paid £25k for 10 years remaining on a pub lease from the brewery as well as paying a monthly rental.
Was going to capitalise the lease and write off over 10 years at £2.5k per year.
But how is the £25k paid treated from a tax viewpoint? What tax relief do they get if any and when do they get it?
Have looked around various references but cant find the answer.
PS happy crimbo.
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 387 6
- Scottish Independance 528 15
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 205 3
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 44 1
- WC's and capital allowances 35 1
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 73 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,121 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 189 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 984 12
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 386 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 796 10
- carry back of gift aid 109 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 118 3
- Dress code 1,292 29
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 381 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 708 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 336 8
- NOMINAL CODES 337 4
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 739 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 289 9
- CTA study material 749
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 463
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 348
- Employment related securities question 299
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 242
- Trust for Employee 228
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 137