taxation of property income | AccountingWEB

taxation of property income

I have come across a messy scenario as follows which I'm trying to get to the bottom of....UK client (that I've recently taken on, has rental property abroad (in addition to main residence in UK). It seems the mortgage is in client and hubby's name only (and I think so are on the deeds...but I need to check this), but there is also a separate "agreement" with 2 other people stating that they are part "owners". All looks a bit of a mess. Any comments as to who is liable to submit SA returns......the client and hubby (if they are the only ones on the deeds?) or all of them (if this separate "agreement/arrangement" applies)?


any comments gratefully received


There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

Held in trust?

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture

what does the agreement say

carnmores |
carnmores's picture