Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 392 16
- Company purchase of shares 41 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 688 12
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 34 1
- Accounts software for trusts 94 3
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 306 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 432 6
- Why should I retain membership? 1,344 22
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 1,496 8
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,470 24
- Question for Dropbox users 422 14
- Employment Allowance 271 5
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 107 6
- xerocon 273 9
- Corporation Tax - aborted purchase cost 214 4
- PAYE 361 11
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 309 6
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 963 16
- Payroll software 537 12
- Share Valuation 144 3
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 667
- Auto enrolment excuses 560
- Removed post 383
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 355
- Social investment tax relief 170
- Call Centre Data Costs 167
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 166
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 165
- Digita Hosted Software 158
- option to tax 136