Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 538 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 230 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 77 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 154 3
- Foreign income for self employed 97 1
- tax credits 43 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 428 18
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 35 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 588 18
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 107 5
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 33 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 478 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 220 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 204 7
- Musician deductible expenses 85 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 96 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 279 8
- Flat rate vat error 340 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 539 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 848
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 294
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151