Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 365 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 983 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,113 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 275 9
- How much does the company pay 410 12
- VAT on Business Premises 26 1
- HMRC property income enquiry 237 6
- I have done a terrible thing 524 13
- LLp Profits 124 5
- Consolidation Software 105 1
- two business from one premises 116 2
- AIA 234 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 329 20
- partnership tax return 143 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 169 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 93 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 298 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,168 27
- s455 tax 138 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 103 1
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 500
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 265
- WWOOFers 255
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- The booking.com con 232
- Cocaine anyone? 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 213
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174