Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 128 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 231 7
- Help Required 126 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 825 26
- Bulk Invoicing 131 5
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 663 4
- late second payment on account 79 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 134 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,347 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 141 2
- Accountancy work for Farmers 442 15
- What would you do in this situation? 341 9
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 549 6
- Project being run jointly 72 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 277 12
- Lloyds bank ... 333 5
- Sole trader mix up 209 2
- Correct treatment when one company absorbs another 131 4
- Recharging VAT 176 6
- Rent a room when not living there 953 7
- CTA study material 684
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 412
- Employment related securities question 258
- AIM Stocks and IHT 239
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 189
- Trust for Employee 175
- Expat pension contributions? 169
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 136
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 122