Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,533 31
- Company Structure 366 9
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 273 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 550 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 497 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 114 3
- Time recording 178 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 258 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 161 2
- Land Registry 273 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 967 13
- Auto Enrolment 674 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 808 19
- Company Number 10000000 425 4
- Advertising Tips? 346 7
- IR35 369 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 431 12
- Revenue phishing examples 283 1
- iris update 11.9.2 246 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 736
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 370
- Directors' advances and credits 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 211
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195