Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,415 385
- P11D Query 168 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 157 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 147 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 101 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,258 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 518 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 267 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,281 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 129 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 178 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 112 1
- Scottish but not UK 329 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 292 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 108 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 445 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 110 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 301 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 430
- National Insurance 332
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 328
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 246
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 153