Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 46 1
- Limited company buying director's car 244 10
- Limited company buying a car 59 2
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 32 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 74 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 37 1
- WC's and capital allowances 154 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 281 13
- Dress code 1,525 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 466 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 230 6
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 418 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 356 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 462 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 147 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 81 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 180 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 157 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,428 17
- Scottish Independance 771 23
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 383
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 252
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144