Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Would this save hours of your time? 349 7
- Laptop purchase 1,342 20
- PTP software disaster 212 2
- Wrong career 410 17
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 148 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 195 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 85 2
- Director's tax return 186 3
- Tricky VAT question 123 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 95 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 223 6
- VT accounts licence key 229 5
- Weely paid employees 208 2
- Splitting the tax year 75 1
- FPS Submission 128 2
- Value pricing 635 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 200 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 124 1
- vat return 216 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 172 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 787
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 542
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 408
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 289
- Free Tax Legislation? 248
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 232
- Director Loan account operation 230
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 223
- Paye procedures for CVA 157