Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 369 10
- Limited Company 167 5
- Selling a practice 246 3
- How much to charge 144 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 200 4
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 426 8
- Accounting Software 318 4
- VAT: Passing on Import Duty 64 1
- Share issue 182 10
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,094 14
- PSA Agreements 369 6
- VAT reverse charges 274 3
- Mobile phone and P11D 186 3
- Benefits to having a partner as director and shareholder, even though not acting as one or taking dividends!? 793 19
- Dividend in Specie on demerger 150 2
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 257 6
- P11D Rejection 346 8
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 634 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 331 5
- Late filing penalties refunded 397 5
- Theatre Tax Relief 430
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 336
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 316
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 300
- Perkbox 254
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 234
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 233
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 214
- Document Management Systems 202
- WIP Software 188