Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,434 44
- Private use for Small hotel owner: historic rules 86 1
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 119 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 153 5
- Career change - how to get relevant experience? 1,038 11
- Late leaver notification 142 4
- A little bit of politics 459 6
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 265 6
- Filling in my self assessment 679 14
- Should small companies be audited? 979 41
- Mileage claim restriction 364 3
- Self Assessment employed and self employed 143 1
- Overlap profit 572 15
- What does PITA mean? 425 9
- career 344 2
- Help required please 464 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 462 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 226 3
- Vat to be Paid? 219 3
- CGT base cost 311 11
- Sanzar 453
- Digital marketing focus group 376
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 339
- Continuity Agreement 289
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 274
- Sainsbury's mangement 266
- Buyback 263
- Avanti Accounts 246
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 200
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 173