Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,073 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 448 17
- Bereavment payment 30 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 261 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 333 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,286 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 136 2
- Companies House incorporation service 333 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 62 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 142 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 188 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 185 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 249 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 134 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 144 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,594 12
- Share Capital 124 2
- Trading income or not? 184 1
- Charge HMRC 408 3
- FRS17 query 230 2
- Xtuple 545
- Qtac payroll for bureau 374
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 310
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 288
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 204
- Investment 184
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 182
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177