Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,032 31
- Closing down loss-making company 127 2
- AccountingWEB survey 425 7
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 735 10
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 720 5
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 291 1
- Mortgage Reference 664 9
- BrightPay quirks 335 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,380 50
- VAT disaggregation 137 2
- Gift aid procedure please? 546 6
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 83 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 437 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,344 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 227 2
- Appointment of director 106 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 224 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 294 3
- Rounding errors on CT600 368 7
- Insovent companies 931 19