Taxcalc vs BTC
I'm considering moving tax software from Ftax, and the "next ones up" in terms of price bracket appear to be TaxCalc and BTC, so they are the ones I'm considering right now.
Ftax is basically an electronic tax return form, and you fill it in just like you would a paper one. I love it, and the support team, but the credit code issues we've been having recently have been stopping us getting work out and it's really frustrating. Dissent in the ranks mean boss lady needs to look into other options!
I've used Digita and really couldn't get on with the interface (entering loads of schedules and it magically generates the form) - I felt very out of control with it and it didn't feel logical to me - I couldn't get my head round it anmd don't want anything like it again.
So: what do you think would suit me? And in general, what do you consider to be good software?
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 (ex VAT). We have 3 users here in the office - 2 main and one occasional. I get the impression Taxcalc is one licence per office, and BTC seems to be priced per user (grr).
Any ideas? Really honest reviews welcome!
- 27,000 Really? 1,034 31
- Legal title not in the company name 759 23
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 60 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 62 1
- This is getting boring 579 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 232 7
- pension paid by company? 84 3
- inheritance tax 398 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 319 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 213 4
- State pension 287 3
- Accountancy Career 105 1
- CIC Company 652 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,814 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,272 66
- Deduction from Salary 638 15
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 428 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 352 10
- One off meeting new client 1,685 16
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 303 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 307
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 278
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- How not to compose an email 246
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221