Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,577 15
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 164 4
- Micro Entity Accounts 260 3
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 117 2
- IHT dilemma 1,234 18
- Aweb tracking ... 166 3
- PAYE 1,168 16
- Entrepreneurs Relief 535 24
- Self Assessment - Declaring Pension Lump Sum on Tax Return 78 1
- Gifts from limited companies 139 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 349 8
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 332 2
- VAT 88 1
- RTI overpayments gap 228 3
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 200 5
- Sage payroll alternatives 549 11
- Call Centre Data Costs 276 1
- Authorised share capital 131 4
- international employer please help!! 185 4
- Capital gain? 295 6
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,122
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 785
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 471
- Digita Hosted Software 301
- Credit where credit's due....... 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 217
- Director phone costs 193
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 167
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 166
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 144