Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 127 2
- Flowers sent to client - not a disallowable business gift? 144 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 214 4
- Auto-Enrolment 4,316 190
- Rental income 207 3
- Cash basis 184 6
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 651 27
- Cash basis 829 29
- NIC thresholds - two employments 2,013 34
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 372 12
- Please tell me what to do!! 513 13
- VAT on exports to EU 116 5
- 5th April 415 16
- s455 Directors loan 271 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 248 11
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 300 2
- Investor exit 262 4
- client threatening legal action 2,345 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 163 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 267 3
- Skandia using wrong address 621
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 331
- Employee rewards 311
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 277
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 241
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 167
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 160
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 149
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 143