Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Merging 268 4
- Merger of Two companies 110 6
- Merger of Two companies 341 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,247 54
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 855 21
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 88 2
- CIC Dividend Cap 268 9
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 188 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 636 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 178 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,792 24
- New business - journal entries 535 24
- IFA incorporation problems 286 4
- Coding Notice 319 7
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 293 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 175 5
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 130 3
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 195 1
- Wear and tear allowance 1,498 13
- Residency test 251 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 957
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 739
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 425
- Excuses, excuses!!! 304
- Digita Hosted Software 234
- Social investment tax relief 234
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 228
- Call Centre Data Costs 218
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 198
- Travel costs and contractors 198