Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,477 21
- Closing my business down 179 9
- What do you all do in your spare time? 883 37
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 37 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 143 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 169 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 228 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 619 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 239 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 193 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 146 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,253 36
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 304 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 99 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,116 18
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 431 6
- FPS or EPS 184 2
- Continuity of Practice 230 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 151 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 325 10
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 443
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 361
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 185