Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Professional coaching claimable? 47 1
- Sage instant account codes 106 1
- Networking 103 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 263 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 154 1
- Turnover on a tax return 279 8
- incorrect old p60 446 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 300 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,930 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 278 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 246 3
- VAT refund 168 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 252 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 266 3
- Missing tax return 389 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,126 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 190 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 305 1