Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,453 44
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 45 1
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 72 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 346 18
- Cocaine anyone? 769 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 340 7
- Benefit in Kind 394 9
- How much does the company pay 250 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 217 4
- Am I getting Soft?? 444 11
- Personal pension 491 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 643 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 163 2
- Help with CGT please 165 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,504 5
- Will I need to resign? 984 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 284 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 226 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 236 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 189 2
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 485
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 253
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- The booking.com con 208
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 190