Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- I have missing sales invoices 325 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 172 1
- is my company accounts right? 625 16
- Invoice Help 340 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 205 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 332 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,376 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 342 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 929 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,037 26
- Directors Subsistence 170 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 232 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 413 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 260 3
- Final year's accounts 330 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,907 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,479 20
- Free Shares ? 327 6
- Dividend dates 330 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 295 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 215
- Probiz 204
- What's the market like for temps? 199
- CIS Deductions 161
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 157