Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 88 3
- The stupidity continues 544 21
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 508 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 190 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 105 1
- transactions after account have been closed 131 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,333 25
- New Employers Helpline 192 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 202 3
- Software recommendations 265 1
- Share transfer question 372 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 314 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 177 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,429 19
- Overlap relief 753 19
- What is IRIS World like? 362 8
- Pension contributions 372 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 498 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 192 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 274 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 437
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 433
- WIP Software 297
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 199
- Small Part Disposal of Property 187
- Uncommercial property business 179