Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 711 5
- See you all on the other side 735 6
- 12Pay 503 2
- dividends 705 2
- R&D 356 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,215 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 469 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 459 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 411 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 567 5
- Seeking a tax case 677 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 537 4
- Companies house strike off 631 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 473 2
- Moving to the cloud 774 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 225 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 934 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 231 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,113 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 527 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 571
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 427
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 362
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 339
- Marginal rates of tax 327
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 318
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302