Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 134 4
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 41 1
- Introduction of Goodwill 444 13
- CIC accounts submission 157 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 103 5
- do i pay vat when buying a business 240 17
- Professional Clearance 192 5
- are receipts needed? 367 12
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 615 21
- New accountant 517 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 225 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,071 67
- Working out a daily rate 317 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 606 9
- Loss Relief 157 2
- Tax case reference request 240 3
- How to? 163 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 203 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,420 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 526 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,592
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 275
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 243
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 173