Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 108 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 146 2
- Gross sales to purchases 126 1
- I know ... 1,232 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 688 18
- Tax on principal private residence 226 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 227 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 251 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 236 4
- Personal pension contributions 252 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 324 4
- RTI Filing 951 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 264 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 400 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 216 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 134 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 458 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 665 14
- Tax calc and NIC 225 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,835 29
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 703
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 471
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 280
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 247
- growth voucher supplier 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 170
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156