Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 233 8
- How much did you pay for your website 1,010 21
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 353 11
- Benefit fraud 3,279 46
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 297 10
- Should I continue with the ACA? 268 6
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 88 1
- Intangble Assets 88 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 194 4
- Companies House 654 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 274 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 301 11
- RTI Penalties 157 1
- How to delete of a password protected company? 109 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 192 5
- FRS percentage 118 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 96 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 261 5
- Gross Profit Percentage 569 11
- Companies House 480 8
- CTA study material 632
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 384
- Employment related securities question 235
- ATED Penalties 207
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 205
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 151
- Expat pension contributions? 141
- Trust for Employee 135
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 127