Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Corporation Tax Software 393 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 83 1
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 47 1
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,011 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 665 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 85 1
- Auto enrolment 126 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 133 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 95 4
- Regular Director bonus 446 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 147 1
- Registration as self-employed 130 1
- BrightPay 1,091 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 533 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 349 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,109 17
- BIK for an electric car 165 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,630 90
- How do I save face? 2,370 14
- Goodie bag 3,104 72
- Possible Partnership? 689
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 513
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 334
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 275
- Moving away from CCH software 265
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 255
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 207