Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- claim fees with out without VAT? 84 2
- Vat on motor repairs 97 2
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,445 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,536 53
- Anyone done ATT? 99 3
- saturday staff 271 3
- indexation factors 37 1
- VAT invoice 52 2
- Free accounts system for small business? 155 5
- Property Revaluation - Postings 50 1
- Received a CIS invoice 153 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 160 4
- Electronic v printed payslips 231 4
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 982 13
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 378 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 824 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 230 3
- Fee protection 1,019 20
- PPR Sanity Check 116 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 499 3
- Xtuple 574
- Qtac payroll for bureau 400
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 349
- Domain name sale and limited company 246
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 232
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 221
- Tax on damages received 195
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 189
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 159
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 154