Taxed twice? Incorporation
Hi - farming partnership considering incorporating fully or maybe just putting in the plant & machinery to form a company that would do the 'farm work'.
The sale of the plant & machinery would crystallise a gain for CGT albeit at 10% re entrepreneur's relief and as is usually the case the 'purchase' price would become a directors loan in the company.
Am I right in thinking that if any of the directors then dies fairly soon into the formation of the company then IHT becomes due on the 'directors loan'? - Effectively surely the same money being taxed twice?
Suppose you would cover this potential libility off by buying some term / reducing term assurance on each of the director's lives (altho age / health of 1 of the directors could make cost of policy prohibitive.
Also - if the land is held outside the company presume that a formal tenancy req'd to maintain APR relief.
But again looking at IHT if one of the directors were to die within the 7 years that the company should have 'ownership' of the land & or the 2 years 'occupation' of the land then would there be implications for APR - suppose I am asking here the wisdom in doing anything which may involve IHT ivo the health of 1 of 'them' not being particularly robust.
Many thanks in advance for comments!
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 376 5
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 197 3
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 28 1
- WC's and capital allowances 24 1
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 69 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,102 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 182 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 969 12
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 384 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 786 10
- carry back of gift aid 103 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 115 3
- Dress code 1,286 29
- Scottish Independance 519 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 379 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 707 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 336 8
- NOMINAL CODES 337 4
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 735 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 289 9
- CTA study material 749
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 463
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 347
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 241
- Trust for Employee 228
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 137