Teacher working for charity organisation


I have had a call from someone who has been teaching for a charity organisation (teaching disabled people).  He earns some £150/week so in total earns less than his Personal Allowance.

However, it appears the charity havent got round to registering themselves and have been paying the teacher on a cash basis without taking stock of employers PAYE, NI etc

Now the teacher needs to produce proof of work for a settlement claim he is making to stay in the UK.  Can someone advise what the process should be?  Can I produce backdated payslips? And restropectively inform the HMRC on behalf of the charity?

There are 3 comments. Login or register to view them.

Who is your client?

Chris Smail |
Chris Smail's picture

Charity needs to operate PAYE

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture

Yes broadly speaking the charity need to sort themselves out

Chris Smail |
Chris Smail's picture