For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Accounting jobs in the UK 23 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 87 3
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 495 15
- pre letting expenses 143 2
- Expat working back in UK 81 3
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 175 3
- Are contractor travel expenses 75 1
- Charge out rates in London? 122 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 394 8
- Audit Exemption new rules 270 6
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 93 3
- change of paye software 506 13
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 283 5
- Which software for practice books? 463 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 237 4
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 528 2
- share capital calculation 264 14
- Dispensation pointless ? 206 3
- Renting property to yourself 457 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,978 51
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 732
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 475
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 289
- How to format a stock book 251
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 206
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 202
- Tax efficient holding company structure 190
- Investment property company accounts template 185
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 178
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 163