For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Client's company struck off 364 9
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 68 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 80 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 612 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 140 3
- Investment property? 33 2
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 64 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,457 23
- Sole Trader Cessation 119 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 315 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 69 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 113 4
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 388 9
- Overtime etc for PT employees 79 1
- First Choice Final Accounts 226 1
- Complex VAT Group 319 6
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 84 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 320 1
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,268 107
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 245 2
- QROP pension input amounts 468
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 406
- fraud 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- EPS and CIS deductions 240
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 193
- SAGE winforecast 166
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 163