For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 285 4
- What is your favourite font? 371 11
- Opening Balances with very little info... 67 1
- CGT on Let Property 351 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 296 4
- Strike off 215 7
- Franchise affiliations 103 1
- Company investment 154 4
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 88 1
- Gift to son by parents 340 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,200 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 154 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 459 7
- New CASC rules 150 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 275 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 148 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 252 6
- valuation of vehicles 532 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 132 1
- RTI Mess 611 10
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 339
- Any thoughts on Capium? 291
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 269
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 240
- auto enrolment 217
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 191
- How to account for investment in JV? 175
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 167