For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 243 4
- physiotherapy clinic 535 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,884 18
- Late Registration for VAT 129 3
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 56 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 999 25
- Deferred Tax 62 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 41 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 394 7
- How much of your work is admin? 103 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,778 19
- Goodwill complications 135 2
- Personal pension 207 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 154 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 286 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 241 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 971 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,153 12
- property development 267 8
- Registering a company late 196 5
- TheTax Donut 1,002
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 661
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 613
- Follower cases 479
- Limited company purchase of property 404
- Hive up 403
- corporate hierarchy 373
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 371
- LIVE chat, starting now 310
- AIA or IFA 205