For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Auto-Enrolment 3,457 168
- Investor exit 59 1
- Partially exempt? 23 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 112 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 230 4
- OBK 192 5
- Proof of Delivery 118 1
- Accounting for a VAT Group 113 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 107 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,682 25
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 372 4
- Property expense - legal fees 104 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,727 588
- Rental Income Tax Planning 101 2
- What type of Trust? 92 1
- Dormant Company 128 2
- Research expenses for authors 240 4
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 769 16
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 120 2
- Company Loan to associated company 84 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 505
- Skandia using wrong address 456
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- Employee rewards 245
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 243
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 211
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 193
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 186
- Etax Australian 155