For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Self-assessment statistics 2,465 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 205 5
- Transmission of ISA 47 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 175 2
- Next Move 710 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 171 2
- Not renewing AAT 671 9
- CGT of shares gifted 381 6
- New dividend taxation 488 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,795 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 151 1
- Company car v company allowance 278 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 433 9
- Owning overseas property 340 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 290 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 272 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 710 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 726 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 277 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 398
- 2015 tax year end 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204