For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 58 2
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 862 32
- Use of home deduction 514 15
- Copy Wanted 676 3
- Non resident income. 244 12
- Company dividends 402 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 78 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 123 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 193 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 536 21
- Software 342 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 412 6
- SA late payment penalty 193 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 301 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 123 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 129 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 132 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 141 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,432 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 272 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 857
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 550
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 516
- Latest phishing scam 407
- Entrepreneurs' relief 377
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 338
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 320
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 303
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 216
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 194