For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 293 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 173 3
- looking for a practice consultant 143 2
- The stupidity continues 1,427 73
- Withdrawing company car 106 1
- AML report needed? 177 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 224 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 84 1
- transactions after account have been closed 310 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 79 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 391 9
- Marketing and email surprises 450 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 766 26
- What is IRIS World like? 412 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 328 5
- Mlom bollocks 264 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 111 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 597 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 316 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 445
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 445
- WIP Software 308
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 294
- No payroll scheme in place 243
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 236
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 211
- Small Part Disposal of Property 201
- Uncommercial property business 189