For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,064 36
- Question re Career choice... 1,617 10
- Which address 1,045 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 574 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 81 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,474 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,206 44
- R&D tax claim 249 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 530 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 184 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 133 2
- Gift to employee 377 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 173 1
- Transfer of a business 127 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,142 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 416 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 122 2
- Sage Import Data 315 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 246 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 141 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 483
- CTA study material 458
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 336
- Pre incorp expenses 316
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 258
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 210
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 163
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 144
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135