For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 64 2
- Help 117 9
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 192 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,017 109
- Overlap profit 289 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 314 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,057 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 112 1
- Payments on account 171 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 64 1
- What do your junior staff do? 520 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 643 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 408 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 531 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 127 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,936 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 343 3
- On the high seas 111 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 145 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 852
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 339
- How do you do it 336
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 295
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 197
- VAT Registration 180