For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- Physiotherapy And Vat 64 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 426 6
- Directors loan - no longer a director 204 2
- Why .... 658 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 892 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 521 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 408 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 261 6
- Relevant life plan 284 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 138 2
- Business Transfer Father to Son 89 1
- Gift between companies 58 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 442 7
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 318 7
- Jointly owned property 292 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 168 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 165 2
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 287 4
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 172 4
- The return 1,028 28
- Possible Partnership? 585
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 495
- New Fangled Penalties 396
- Clubs and Taxable Income 320
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 291
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 245
- Loans to other companies 236
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 207
- Outsource Data Entry 194
- Moving away from CCH software 191