For some (even most) this area would too basic. I will probably be slated to raise this thread.
My staff has been on leave for the past few days and I have been answering the phone. I think I have turned away 2 potential clients through my poor telephone etiquette. First impressions as we all know are so important. Both the callers said they were looking for an accountant. Promised to call back, both the calls were not returned.
Like many I get more than my fair share of spam calls. So the next call I get I don't sound pleasant. I interrupt the callers while they are talking.
For an accountancy practice
- What is good telephone etiquette?
- At what stage should I take client contact details? Name, contact number, email and address
Just bear in mind I used to have a PA who use to take my calls.
- CIC Company 374 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,642 57
- Is this a scam? 751 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,535 41
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 110 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 322 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 230 5
- New company - form a group? 152 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 170 4
- PITA client 201 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 360 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,309 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 738 15
- Dividend dates 486 8
- R&D tax credit claim 211 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 110 1
- is this fraud? 786 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 494 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,534 28
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 182
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 175
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 153