I have a client who works on railway signalling through his limited company.
His contract renewal makes him fall foul of the 24 month rule . . . . or does it? My understanding of his circumstances was that, although he was not office-based, his temporary workplace was 'London'. Digging a bit deeper, a) he works on a specific line, b) he could be working on any part of that line on a given day, c) the line is essentially London based, but d) the line is 60 miles long.
This is the closest I've come to any HMRC guide on the matter.
Thoughts on this gratefully received.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,661 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 65 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 208 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 811 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 97 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 494 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 142 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2