I have a client who works on railway signalling through his limited company.
His contract renewal makes him fall foul of the 24 month rule . . . . or does it? My understanding of his circumstances was that, although he was not office-based, his temporary workplace was 'London'. Digging a bit deeper, a) he works on a specific line, b) he could be working on any part of that line on a given day, c) the line is essentially London based, but d) the line is 60 miles long.
This is the closest I've come to any HMRC guide on the matter.
Thoughts on this gratefully received.
- Start up allowance? 431 13
- ACCA - still making me laugh 117 1
- Old CGT loss 313 9
- New Starter Checklist 268 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 418 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 762 22
- Goodwill complications 328 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 544 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 233 3
- HMRC Distraint 230 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 199 2
- Will I need to resign? 662 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 123 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 373 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 440 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,042 16
- How to explain this to someone 244 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,422 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 148 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 645 15