I have a client who works on railway signalling through his limited company.
His contract renewal makes him fall foul of the 24 month rule . . . . or does it? My understanding of his circumstances was that, although he was not office-based, his temporary workplace was 'London'. Digging a bit deeper, a) he works on a specific line, b) he could be working on any part of that line on a given day, c) the line is essentially London based, but d) the line is 60 miles long.
This is the closest I've come to any HMRC guide on the matter.
Thoughts on this gratefully received.
- flat rate scheme 1,903 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 236 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 98 1
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 107 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 629 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 107 3
- Company Share Buy Back 107 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 923 15
- Unpaid share capital 248 3
- Company car in the LLP 171 2
- Physiotherapy 337 4
- New build property to be rented 159 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,881 52
- Hello 357 2
- Sage 200 question 109 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 101 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 168 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 174 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 214 4