Tenants In Common And CGT
I own a let property jointly with my husband, as joint tenants. We wish to become tenants in common with my parents, because we owe them a sum of money, which we are not in a position to repay at the present time. My queries are as follows:
1. As we understand it, we would be liable to pay CGT on the transfer of the property to my parents. When would this become payable, at the time of transfer, or when the property was eventually sold? If at the time of transfer, when would the bill become payable?
2. Would we only owe CGT on the percentage of the property we transferred, or on the value of the whole property?
3. Could we transfer various percentages to my parents in different tax years to maximise our personal CGT allowances?
4. When the property is eventually sold, would all 4 people be able to use their personal CGT allowances?
5. If we had already paid CGT when we transferred the property to my parents, would we also have to pay it when the property is sold?
6. The property is mortgaged, on a buy to let. Would this be a problem?
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 373 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 363 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 271 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,448 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,165 35
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 123 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 363 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 251 4
- Rental property company 122 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 271 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 390 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 177 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 209 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 153 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 517 5
- Director's tax return 407 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 192 3
- Flat rate vat 252 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 204 5
- Coming in from the cold 411 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 826
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 574
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 442
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 322
- Free Tax Legislation? 296
- Director Loan account operation 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 261
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 240
- Paye procedures for CVA 182