Tenants In Common And CGT
I own a let property jointly with my husband, as joint tenants. We wish to become tenants in common with my parents, because we owe them a sum of money, which we are not in a position to repay at the present time. My queries are as follows:
1. As we understand it, we would be liable to pay CGT on the transfer of the property to my parents. When would this become payable, at the time of transfer, or when the property was eventually sold? If at the time of transfer, when would the bill become payable?
2. Would we only owe CGT on the percentage of the property we transferred, or on the value of the whole property?
3. Could we transfer various percentages to my parents in different tax years to maximise our personal CGT allowances?
4. When the property is eventually sold, would all 4 people be able to use their personal CGT allowances?
5. If we had already paid CGT when we transferred the property to my parents, would we also have to pay it when the property is sold?
6. The property is mortgaged, on a buy to let. Would this be a problem?
- Investment from Friend 181 10
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 918 39
- Receipt bank 345 8
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 634 24
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 29 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 481 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 143 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 341 4
- Company dividends 548 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 180 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 77 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,172 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 164 2
- TRONC scheme 106 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 714 13
- Capital Gains Relief 161 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,611 29
- Identity check problem 1,272 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 212 3
- Business Set up cost 114 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 880
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 580
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 543
- Latest phishing scam 477
- Entrepreneurs' relief 426
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 349
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 324
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 247
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 245
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 168