Tenants In Common And CGT
I own a let property jointly with my husband, as joint tenants. We wish to become tenants in common with my parents, because we owe them a sum of money, which we are not in a position to repay at the present time. My queries are as follows:
1. As we understand it, we would be liable to pay CGT on the transfer of the property to my parents. When would this become payable, at the time of transfer, or when the property was eventually sold? If at the time of transfer, when would the bill become payable?
2. Would we only owe CGT on the percentage of the property we transferred, or on the value of the whole property?
3. Could we transfer various percentages to my parents in different tax years to maximise our personal CGT allowances?
4. When the property is eventually sold, would all 4 people be able to use their personal CGT allowances?
5. If we had already paid CGT when we transferred the property to my parents, would we also have to pay it when the property is sold?
6. The property is mortgaged, on a buy to let. Would this be a problem?
- Year end 86 1
- How would you account for warranty? 120 4
- LLP - Member leaving 95 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 386 22
- Sweet Tooth 144 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,022 13
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 198 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 160 2
- trading or dormant 97 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 92 1
- tax credits 121 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 525 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 186 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 561 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 261 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 109 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 193 3
- Foreign income for self employed 125 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 640 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 86 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 863
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 514
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 325
- How to format a stock book 304
- Tax efficient holding company structure 241
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 235
- Investment property company accounts template 223
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 217
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 188
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 159