Tenants In Common And CGT
I own a let property jointly with my husband, as joint tenants. We wish to become tenants in common with my parents, because we owe them a sum of money, which we are not in a position to repay at the present time. My queries are as follows:
1. As we understand it, we would be liable to pay CGT on the transfer of the property to my parents. When would this become payable, at the time of transfer, or when the property was eventually sold? If at the time of transfer, when would the bill become payable?
2. Would we only owe CGT on the percentage of the property we transferred, or on the value of the whole property?
3. Could we transfer various percentages to my parents in different tax years to maximise our personal CGT allowances?
4. When the property is eventually sold, would all 4 people be able to use their personal CGT allowances?
5. If we had already paid CGT when we transferred the property to my parents, would we also have to pay it when the property is sold?
6. The property is mortgaged, on a buy to let. Would this be a problem?
- VAT on finance leases 103 2
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,784 16
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 30 1
- Goods Purchased for Rental 670 34
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,026 31
- Second Incomes Campaign 154 2
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 251 8
- Professional Clearance 1,560 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 271 4
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 409 6
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 401 11
- Interflora florist 218 3
- Sole trader hid directorships. 96 1
- More HMRC on gov.uk 472 9
- Friendly Pensions 233 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 94 1
- Company Reorganisation 312 4
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 202 5
- CGT on second home? 261 4
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 221 8
- NOVA 495
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 365
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 246
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 169
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 156
- Finance Lease 150
- Company Car Lease 146
- Form 42 137