Terminal Loss Relief
I have an issue I cannot get my head around regarding Terminal Loss Relief.
A client has an accounting year end of 30 June.
2010/11 Tax Return Form, taxable profits for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 was £22,000
He ceases trading on 31.01.12 and so the final accounts have been drawn up for the 19 month period 01.07.10 to 31.01.12 for the 2012 Tax Return. Taxable loss for this period was £4,000.
There is also unused overlap relief carried forward in sum of £4,000.
How much is able to be carried back and set off against 2010/11 income as terminal loss relief?
- Tax - Paying Yearly 18 1
- Anyone using PracticePA? 201 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 378 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 255 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 56 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 157 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 199 2
- converting garage to use as office 247 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 641 13
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 111 1
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 115 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 322 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,159 11
- Strike off 422 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 133 2
- auto enrolment 277 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 317 6
- Private use of vans 158 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 701 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,161 92
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 372
- Any thoughts on Capium? 324
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 291
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 225
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 157