Terminal Loss Relief
I have an issue I cannot get my head around regarding Terminal Loss Relief.
A client has an accounting year end of 30 June.
2010/11 Tax Return Form, taxable profits for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 was £22,000
He ceases trading on 31.01.12 and so the final accounts have been drawn up for the 19 month period 01.07.10 to 31.01.12 for the 2012 Tax Return. Taxable loss for this period was £4,000.
There is also unused overlap relief carried forward in sum of £4,000.
How much is able to be carried back and set off against 2010/11 income as terminal loss relief?
- Care Home - Job Price 267 5
- Fee headache 429 4
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 202 6
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 216 4
- India Capital Gain 114 1
- Dormant payroll 725 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 96 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 287 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,487 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 110 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 516 11
- This feels wrong.... 1,564 21
- Overlap relief 384 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 190 2
- To correct incorrect NBV in previous year accounts 282 10
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 196 3
- P11D Rejection 272 7
- Directors loans 264 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief:: share disposals after leaving the company 266 5
- Has anyone else tried Iris paperless working papers for audit exempt companies 304 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 502
- Theatre Tax Relief 407
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 322
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 304
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 277
- Perkbox 228
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 222
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 218
- Document Management Systems 190
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 186