Terminal Loss Relief
I have an issue I cannot get my head around regarding Terminal Loss Relief.
A client has an accounting year end of 30 June.
2010/11 Tax Return Form, taxable profits for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 was £22,000
He ceases trading on 31.01.12 and so the final accounts have been drawn up for the 19 month period 01.07.10 to 31.01.12 for the 2012 Tax Return. Taxable loss for this period was £4,000.
There is also unused overlap relief carried forward in sum of £4,000.
How much is able to be carried back and set off against 2010/11 income as terminal loss relief?
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 120 3
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 87 2
- Client's company struck off 411 10
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 249 7
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 136 5
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 119 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 102 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 657 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 151 3
- Investment property? 60 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,515 23
- Sole Trader Cessation 135 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 322 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 78 1
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 406 9
- Overtime etc for PT employees 97 1
- First Choice Final Accounts 234 1
- Complex VAT Group 331 6
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 96 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 327 1
- QROP pension input amounts 468
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 418
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 407
- fraud 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- EPS and CIS deductions 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 193
- SAGE winforecast 166
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 165