Terminal Loss Relief
I have an issue I cannot get my head around regarding Terminal Loss Relief.
A client has an accounting year end of 30 June.
2010/11 Tax Return Form, taxable profits for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 was £22,000
He ceases trading on 31.01.12 and so the final accounts have been drawn up for the 19 month period 01.07.10 to 31.01.12 for the 2012 Tax Return. Taxable loss for this period was £4,000.
There is also unused overlap relief carried forward in sum of £4,000.
How much is able to be carried back and set off against 2010/11 income as terminal loss relief?
- client can't/won't pay 1,494 26
- calculate mortgage interest 289 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 678 26
- Directors NIC's 121 5
- Advice on letting a client go ? 548 9
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 53 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 135 2
- Declaration of interest 181 7
- Do we have to register for VAT? 400 8
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 232 6
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 80 1
- White van man 823 27
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 138 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 144 4
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 95 3
- Unbelievable!! 745 6
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 384 1
- Receipt bank 296 6
- blank - ignore 455 7
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 55 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 872
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 567
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 462
- Entrepreneurs' relief 411
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 335
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 219
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 162