Terminal Loss Relief
I have an issue I cannot get my head around regarding Terminal Loss Relief.
A client has an accounting year end of 30 June.
2010/11 Tax Return Form, taxable profits for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 was £22,000
He ceases trading on 31.01.12 and so the final accounts have been drawn up for the 19 month period 01.07.10 to 31.01.12 for the 2012 Tax Return. Taxable loss for this period was £4,000.
There is also unused overlap relief carried forward in sum of £4,000.
How much is able to be carried back and set off against 2010/11 income as terminal loss relief?
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 111 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 169 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 172 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 820 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 534 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 692 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 300 16
- Personal pension 435 9
- Business rates consultancy 264 4
- Wrong tax code 173 6
- Benefit in Kind 253 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 88 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 285 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,058 31
- Deferred Tax 473 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- You know its over 491 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 246 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 143 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 237 3
- Hive up 512
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 294
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 238
- WWOOFers 232
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 194
- The booking.com con 173
- UK State pension paid in NZ 165