Terminal Loss Relief
I have an issue I cannot get my head around regarding Terminal Loss Relief.
A client has an accounting year end of 30 June.
2010/11 Tax Return Form, taxable profits for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 was £22,000
He ceases trading on 31.01.12 and so the final accounts have been drawn up for the 19 month period 01.07.10 to 31.01.12 for the 2012 Tax Return. Taxable loss for this period was £4,000.
There is also unused overlap relief carried forward in sum of £4,000.
How much is able to be carried back and set off against 2010/11 income as terminal loss relief?
- Sell business after leaving country 159 3
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 553 11
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 185 5
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 269 6
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 151 2
- Capital Gain? 521 14
- How much to charge? 284 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 194 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 647 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 249 2
- break even point 601 18
- Simple consolidation question 145 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 398 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,011 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 409 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 213 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 309 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 204 4
- IHT Query 265 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 449 2
- Possible Partnership? 470
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 445
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 432
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 237
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 232
- New Fangled Penalties 226
- Clubs and Taxable Income 223
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 219
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 198
- Loans to other companies 171