Is there a best time to leave the UK for a year abroad?
I have a client who is planning on working in Canada for a year, starting next year.
They plan to leave in either March or June, and wondered if it is better to leave before or after the end of the 11/12 tax year, or whether there is no benefit either way.
I am not a tax expert so don't feel I can advise in detail on this matter, so any advice would be gratefully received
- flat rate scheme 161 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 210 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,963 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 124 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 472 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 90 1
- VAT refund 320 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,284 37
- Turnover on a tax return 549 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 133 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 183 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 160 1
- Special dividends & CGT 205 1
- Networking 370 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 281 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 306 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 340 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 298 2