Is there a best time to leave the UK for a year abroad?
I have a client who is planning on working in Canada for a year, starting next year.
They plan to leave in either March or June, and wondered if it is better to leave before or after the end of the 11/12 tax year, or whether there is no benefit either way.
I am not a tax expert so don't feel I can advise in detail on this matter, so any advice would be gratefully received
- Insovent companies 861 19
- Rounding errors on CT600 177 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,193 33
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 134 2
- New Build 168 1
- Mortgage Reference 496 6
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,292 48
- BrightPay quirks 171 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 791 20
- Website Content 111 1
- Personal Tax 618 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 120 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 157 1
- USA Tax Query 285 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 430 5
- last minute request 640 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 339 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 373 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,728 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 985 6