Is there life after Digita?
Over the past few years I have become more and more disenchanted with Digita and their Personal Tax software.
For example, many times I have complained that I have been used as an uncompensated guinea pig for bugs.
Sadly, having been a customer for about 25 years, since the days of PTP (Personal Tax Planner) the time has come for us to part.
Unfortunately, the happiness and requirements of the customer is no longer paramount as Digita, being now part of Thomson Reuters, has outgrown my small practice. Customers must now fit in to Digita's requirements and there is no longer any flexibility. A great shame.
The one thing which has held me back from changing sooner is not knowing what other tax software will allow me to import the data from Digita Taxability Pro or Personal, Business and Trust Tax, as it is now known. If I cannot import the data then I am faced with the daunting task of inputting each client's data one by one which is both time consuming and laborious.
If anybody has had similar issues or knows of such a company, I shall be all ears and eyes.
- Company formation and bank account 198 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 628 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,520 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 483 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 386 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 171 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 463 11
- VAT Direct Debit 350 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 435 8
- Self Assessment Software 681 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 431 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,348 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 239 11
- Owning overseas property 228 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 337 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 280 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 688 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,146 21
- PPR on a development? 237 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 649
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 399
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 399
- Property letting & CAs 387
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 380
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 258
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230