Is there life after Digita?
Over the past few years I have become more and more disenchanted with Digita and their Personal Tax software.
For example, many times I have complained that I have been used as an uncompensated guinea pig for bugs.
Sadly, having been a customer for about 25 years, since the days of PTP (Personal Tax Planner) the time has come for us to part.
Unfortunately, the happiness and requirements of the customer is no longer paramount as Digita, being now part of Thomson Reuters, has outgrown my small practice. Customers must now fit in to Digita's requirements and there is no longer any flexibility. A great shame.
The one thing which has held me back from changing sooner is not knowing what other tax software will allow me to import the data from Digita Taxability Pro or Personal, Business and Trust Tax, as it is now known. If I cannot import the data then I am faced with the daunting task of inputting each client's data one by one which is both time consuming and laborious.
If anybody has had similar issues or knows of such a company, I shall be all ears and eyes.
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 686 10
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,108 10
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,354 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 142 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 199 10
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 135 5
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 81 2
- break even point 835 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 400 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 640 19
- National Insurance Contributions 186 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 164 6
- Limited Company trading status. 81 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 171 1
- Dividends 136 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 394 11
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 206 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,400 28
- Classic cars investment 410 11
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 236 4
- Possible Partnership? 491
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 466
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 283
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 245
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 237
- Loans to other companies 186
- Tasbook email configuration 175