Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- IHT - clawback of BPR 19 1
- EIS - connection through employment 81 2
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 141 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 216 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 18 1
- CIS and Close Company 63 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 211 4
- Secondment expenses 144 3
- VAT Option to tax 434 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 101 4
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 88 3
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 93 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 131 3
- VAT Registration 320 5
- should Van be included in plant or motor vehicles? 89 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 252 6
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 113 3
- How far back can you get dates of property purchases 73 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,257 19
- husband and wife dividends 414 11
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 903
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 635
- Free Tax Legislation? 396
- Director Loan account operation 394
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 319
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 314
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 219
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 177