Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 156 4
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 50 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 586 24
- Companies House incorporation service 386 13
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 295 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 186 4
- Administrative restoration 107 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,615 13
- Bereavment payment 150 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 116 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,163 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 291 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 375 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,309 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 168 2
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 90 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 205 6
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 290 7
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 175 3
- Share Capital 147 2
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 300
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 182