Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Cash basis 602 18
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 253 12
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 71 2
- payroll software 463 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 287 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 507 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 262 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 75 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 261 3
- Statutory sick pay 366 5
- client threatening legal action 2,182 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 156 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 215 1
- Instant CPD offer 323 3
- Income from rent charged to business 199 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 469 5
- Dividend in specie 393 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 197 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 157 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 289 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 317
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 316
- Employee rewards 296
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 234
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 137
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135