Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 84 6
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 320 11
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 107 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 481 15
- capital gains on PPR 204 11
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 508 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,759 440
- 100% Xero practice 2,459 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 213 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 134 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 135 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 285 9
- PRR 359 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 394 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 308 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,262 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 349 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 434 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 363 5
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 252 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 476
- National Insurance 369
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 260
- Hands on experience of Digita 214
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 191
- Employer's Helpline 165
- employment capital allowances 160
- CIS paid under reg 9 156