Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,816 28
- CIS Deductions 104 5
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 449 14
- Share swap 423 15
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 473 10
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,535 45
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 338 16
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 820 17
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 55 1
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 175 4
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 193 3
- Check my logic on this please? 254 1
- VAT Margin Scheme for Second Hand Watches 81 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 228 6
- Late P45 214 5
- Know it alls (who don't) 588 13
- CIC accounts submission 103 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 606 20
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 269 11
- What does it mean?? 496 12
- Skandia using wrong address 1,564
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 864
- International interest certificate 475
- NOVA 332
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 249
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 241
- Management expenses for investment company 224
- Bonus Bonds 217
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 206
- Help with tax codes on Sage 162