Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Fees 356 4
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,834 43
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 452 16
- Time to ditch Sage? 317 5
- Losses carry forward to self employed 97 1
- Agent Authorisation Issue 262 3
- HMRC Post 547 7
- Transactions with directors 456 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 300 9
- Non VAT invoices 226 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 225 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,407 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 269 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 238 2
- Form 17 Download 172 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 578 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 393 4
- HMRC Information notice 1,001 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 292 3
- Accountant Specialization. 407 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 416
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 368
- Electric Car 302
- S222 Charge 246
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 212
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 181
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 180