Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- 27,000 Really? 1,135 37
- What are options for non CA firm 2,822 60
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 141 3
- Legal title not in the company name 785 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 332 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 302 8
- Opening Balances 197 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 579 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 96 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 82 1
- This is getting boring 612 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 254 7
- pension paid by company? 111 3
- inheritance tax 417 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 348 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 226 4
- State pension 301 3
- Accountancy Career 140 1
- CIC Company 657 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 640
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 335
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 308
- Probiz 303
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 266
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223