Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Just for fun. 880 31
- HMRC don't make it easy! 32 1
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 87 1
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 185 3
- Spam blocking 498 29
- Theatre Tax Relief 502 1
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 149 3
- Excel Instances 74 2
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 101 6
- How to pay national insurance 544 17
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,731 13
- Are solicitors worth the money? 1,344 13
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 216 8
- A little silliness 289 3
- Is interest still due? 75 1
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 348 2
- Ex-gratia payments 287 6
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 132 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 366 6
- HMRC & daft penalty 627 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 384
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 374
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 349
- Perkbox 315
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 311
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 275
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 272
- Document Management Systems 253
- WIP Software 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 175