Is there Stamp Duty payable on Share transfer?
A client set up a Limied company with 2 shares on incorporation.
He subsequently went into business with another individual and transfered one share to this individual.
The share was transfered at the Nominal Value (£1), since the company was non-trading and did not have any commercial value.
Is there any Stamp Duty payable on this transfer?
- Career in Practice 165 4
- Goodie bag 209 5
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 80 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 209 7
- Does a Limited Company need a Bank Account to register for VAT 40 1
- Telemarketing 198 5
- Software recommendations? 300 4
- Budget 2015 predictions 232 5
- Husband Wife let property 150 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 453 8
- Relevant life plan 354 8
- Limited Company expenses 387 8
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 182 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 185 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 199 3
- how to value rental space 120 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 348 4
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 467 5
- Output tax for retailer 268 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 454 11
- Possible Partnership? 611
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 503
- New Fangled Penalties 414
- Clubs and Taxable Income 335
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 303
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 262
- Loans to other companies 246
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 224
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 217
- Outsource Data Entry 214