They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 61 3
- How to pay national insurance 426 13
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 132 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 950 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 267 4
- Overlap relief 608 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 123 3
- Ex-gratia payments 158 4
- Employment status 111 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 502 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,748 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 151 2
- HMRC Email 213 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 245 12
- Government Gateway 1,069 17
- Intercompany advice 76 1
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 158 6
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,784 19
- New Website Look 549 14
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 113 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 364
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 360
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 333
- Perkbox 298
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 285
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 260
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 255
- Document Management Systems 236
- WIP Software 220