They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- RTI and Directors' salaries 134 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 179 3
- Travel costs and contractors 247 2
- Importers 99 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 260 4
- vat help for catering concession 121 2
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 237 4
- dfgd fget 72 1
- More AE! 216 6
- New business - journal entries 604 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 52 1
- aia 112 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 442 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 453 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 240 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 255 7
- Merger of Two companies 557 20
- Merging 514 12
- Excuses, excuses!!! 434 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 988
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 742
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 246
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137