They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 116 2
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 95 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 882 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 217 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 123 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 250 7
- New Email Extensions 126 1
- SA302 198 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,085 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 273 2
- Dental practice incorpration 123 1
- Audit rules 159 4
- Go Cardless 275 8
- business entertaining deductibility 144 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 168 2
- R & D 109 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 90 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 184 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 164 1
- New Business Registration 222 5
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- Mehjoo 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154