They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 91 1
- Gift of property & improvements 132 3
- General tax book with planning 186 3
- VAT Invoice 183 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 270 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 227 9
- Error in past Corporate tax return 370 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,249 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 301 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 811 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 139 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 242 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 167 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 469 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 391 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 209 6
- Accounting for a finance lease 178 4
- SA302's anyone?? 549 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,663 41
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 512
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 300
- Management expenses for investment company 267
- Bonus Bonds 262
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 175
- tax on apprenticeship income 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 153