They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 516 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 225 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,866 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 124 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 609 12
- Freelance/Employee 405 10
- Freehold management company 153 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 253 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 217 6
- System selection 238 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 135 1
- Director Liability 137 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 178 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 389 4
- exemptions from CIS 268 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 660 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 288 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 268 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,720 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 339
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 268
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 231
- S222 Charge 231
- Company Structure 209
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 170