They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 185 9
- JIEB Exams 127 1
- RTI 82 1
- Christmas party 91 1
- Am i Liable? 87 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 735 10
- Checking a contract 287 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 308 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 223 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 154 7
- VAT on garage rent 319 14
- Value-shifting 62 1
- Pattern for CTA 205 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 446 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 80 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 219 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 235 5
- EBT 177 1
- Giving a seminar 528 28
- Joint Filing Help 107 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,206
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 601
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 405
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 313
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 192
- Alphabet shares 188
- Agent fees to sell business 187
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 181
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 173
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 162