They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Capital Gain? 412 11
- IHT Query 72 2
- Reversing out RTI 125 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 298 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 853 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 305 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 274 6
- BrightPay 618 18
- Classic cars investment 244 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 239 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 325 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 352 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 276 2
- H&W company 257 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 213 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 175 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 198 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 812 32
- VAT silly question 2,418 56
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190