They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- AIA 104 4
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,026 47
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 231 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 239 9
- client can't/won't pay 346 12
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 272 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,173 18
- Help - Capital Allowance 104 5
- 5% penalty on late payment 215 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 173 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 526 26
- HMRC SA software error? 131 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 166 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 260 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 182 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 146 2
- wave software 122 1
- Freelance software consultant 331 5
- Window Comb Binder Cover 123 2
- losses carried forward 378 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 782
- Copy Wanted 498
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief 270
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 266
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 248
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 235
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 231