They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 947 29
- You know its over 332 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 486 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 216 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 169 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 156 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 240 3
- Cocaine anyone? 506 8
- Late Registration for VAT 484 13
- EIS/SEIS 140 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 274 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 414 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 421 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 715 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 551 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 587 4
- Personal pension 401 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 221 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,217 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 171 3
- Hive up 490
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 457
- corporate hierarchy 436
- Advice - 271
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 225
- WWOOFers 217
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 206
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 199
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 180
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 174