They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Scottish but not UK 174 4
- What is the role of an accountant? 42 1
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 45 2
- Construction Industry Scheme Age Limit 48 3
- Sole Trade - Losses B/Fwd 128 8
- VAT on introducer fees 63 1
- Company Accounts 372 7
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 272 17
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 263 4
- P11D Query 85 3
- CIS 298 10
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 200 7
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 220 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,054 358
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 143 2
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 199 5
- Tax relief on investmement in holding company 88 3
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 371 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 217 7
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 676 18
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,217
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 425
- National Insurance 324
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 248
- Non Resident 245
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 239
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 218
- Franchise income and costs 216
- Hands on experience of Digita 151