They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 985 27
- 27,000 Really? 497 21
- West Bromich Albion 126 1
- accounting entries for over payments 76 2
- EYU adjustment to 13/14 PAYE 79 1
- This is getting boring 315 9
- Legal title not in the company name 508 18
- Child tax credits 298 5
- VAT on printing when being a third party 60 1
- NALS Accountants Report 236 3
- VAT - Recharge 186 6
- Employment Allowance 327 5
- Farm barn lettings 81 1
- CIC Company 593 10
- transitioning payroll 326 9
- dividend proposals 236 5
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 294 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,949 61
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,573 36
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 229 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 629
- Cancelled 368
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 346
- Cancelled 319
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 293
- Probiz 278
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 238
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 212
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 180