They live in a different world
Individual "A" is the settlor, trustee and beneficiary of a discretionary trust which contains nothing more than the original settlement of £10.
Individual "B" (brother of "A" incidentally), is in exactly the same position. The trusts are identical in every respect.
The documentation was all drawn up by solicitor "S", for both cases.
It is now desired to wind up both trusts, by appointing the £10 back to the settlor, and solicitor "S" (who has all the details on their file, remember) is asked to draw up the two (identical bar name) deeds of appointment. The solicitor will not be responsible for anything else (such as tax reporting compliance).
Your guesses, please, as to the solicitor's charge for this service. (PS I know the right answer, but wanted to check that I am in the right universe).
The clue, guys and gals, is in the subject header.
With kind regards
- What does it mean?? 331 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 284 13
- VAT on motor expenses 887 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 80 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 60 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,705 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,299 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 91 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 137 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 160 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 189 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 154 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 741 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 386 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 204 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 329 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 112 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 391 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 93 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 327 15
- Skandia using wrong address 1,547
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 470
- NOVA 328
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 230
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 219
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 207
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 201
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 190