Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Accountex flash mob 370 11
- Child benefit 173 6
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 271 8
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 78 1
- IR 35 91 2
- Cash extraction pre-sale 86 1
- IT systems + software 63 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 385 10
- ACCA UK Practising Certificate 130 2
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager Connection Problem 98 1
- Money Laundering and handover 611 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,446 29
- Property sale split between years 299 10
- Capital introduction 234 6
- CIS Deductions 331 9
- Inheritance Tax Advice 250 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 222 8
- Final accounts - procedure 172 1
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 253 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 368 10
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 645
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 408
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 337
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 303
- Using the correct forms 301
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 288
- Digital marketing focus group 199
- Sage Vat return box 2 197