Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Company accounts for £350 1,119 30
- children inherit property 120 3
- Servicing AE fees 280 5
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 782 19
- HMRC Security Deposit 917 14
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 322 4
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 219 4
- Shares held in trust 84 1
- Property pages or self-employed? 413 8
- Practice software 1,266 18
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 246 2
- Capital gains on Private/rental property 177 7
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 385 10
- proper link to login to HMRC online services 253 2
- Flat Rate VAT 320 9
- P800 problems again 216 3
- Invoicing for monthly clients 558 11
- FRS 101 Software 383 1
- VAT on farm machinery sold 332 6
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 648 9
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 314
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 306
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 278
- French ConnectionUK 247
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 227
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 209
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 206
- APN's 196
- Job costing 170
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 143