Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,929 64
- Companies House Authentication code 115 5
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 385 5
- Free accounts system for small business? 323 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 283 9
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 471 11
- Client refusing to change basis period 85 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 641 15
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 305 13
- Rights of Alphabet shares 340 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 250 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 122 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 288 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 399 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 276 1
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 284 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,827 14
- indexation factors 117 3
- Drector renting room to company 250 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 95 2
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 226
- Tax on damages received 207
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 164
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 155
- PTP Software 145
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141