Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 234 7
- self assessment repayment requesto 528 10
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 971 41
- Capital Gains Relief 182 6
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 95 3
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 669 26
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 200 4
- HMRC SA302s 43 1
- Amend tax return? 82 1
- Investment from Friend 201 10
- Receipt bank 358 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 67 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 498 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 171 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 351 4
- Company dividends 552 15
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 107 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,199 15
- TRONC scheme 113 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 725 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 584
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 250
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175