Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 727 17
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,421 17
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 20 1
- VAT - How hard is it? 134 7
- Xero Pain Points 24 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 176 5
- The importance of Grammar 691 20
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 345 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,495 53
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 77 1
- Is this dodgy? 724 17
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 131 5
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,260 15
- Capital Allowances on new property 102 5
- Trustees waiving dividend 70 1
- Directors loan balance write off in period 433 21
- Education - Pre made assembly! 197 2
- Childcare 220 3
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 182 4
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 150 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 354
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 289
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 273
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 273
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 262
- Electric Car 218
- S222 Charge 197
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 190
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 187
- Company Structure 168