Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- new capital structure ltd with investors 349 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 100 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 355 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 138 3
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 535 14
- Joint filing delays 123 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 222 9
- Vat threshold issues 198 4
- private to company car? 235 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 192 3
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 289 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 144 4
- Partner with an IVA 205 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 343 6
- R&D tax claim 139 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 623 13
- Growing pains 392 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 242 14
- Consequential loss claim 150 3
- ATT Annual Return Problems 133 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 420
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 305
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 290
- Pre incorp expenses 284
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 248
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 212
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 189
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 180