Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,317 20
- Should I move back home away from my office? 477 10
- Property income in different capacities 124 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 212 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 72 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 415 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 133 1
- Scanners 184 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 138 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 241 3
- Payment plans for clients 156 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 239 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 281 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 395 2
- P60 or payslips? 121 1
- IHT dilemma 1,391 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 199 1
- IT advisory questions? 195 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 801 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 167 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,167
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 212
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- how to object to registered company name... 143