Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Would this save hours of your time? 635 12
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 848 35
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 55 1
- Audit Required 1,165 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 287 9
- Residential Management Companies 58 2
- Value pricing 2,837 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 382 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 366 11
- Payroll software for Mac 113 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 94 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 209 5
- CIS and Close Company 195 6
- LLP members share of profits 628 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 422 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 134 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 93 1
- Registered Office 94 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 107 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 291 7
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 935
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 658
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 387
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 253
- Paye procedures for CVA 244
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 241
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 189
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 183
- Pension Fixed Protection 181