Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 355 8
- Does anyone use quotation software? 75 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 367 5
- 100% Xero practice 2,526 47
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 272 9
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 568 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 328 12
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 359 4
- Direct Debit - no receipts 298 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,977 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,784 23
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 133 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,738 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,345 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 123 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 869 8
- capital gains on PPR 291 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 387 14
- Company expansion 143 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 406 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,322
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 486
- National Insurance 376
- Non Resident 299
- Franchise income and costs 266
- Hands on experience of Digita 219
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 193
- Employer's Helpline 169
- employment capital allowances 166
- CIS paid under reg 9 161