Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 97 3
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 901 10
- Dress code 1,253 29
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 361 4
- Scottish Independance 496 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 372 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 703 19
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 746 9
- carry back of gift aid 75 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,044 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 329 8
- NOMINAL CODES 330 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 180 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 721 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 285 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 238 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 376 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 430 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 123 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 253 1
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 462
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 345
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 240
- Trust for Employee 227
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 134