Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Deduction from Salary 429 11
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 963 8
- Doctor and Locum Work 128 2
- State pension 91 1
- NALS Accountants Report 277 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 251 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,103 40
- CIC Company 612 11
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 49 1
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 268 6
- This is getting boring 440 10
- 27,000 Really? 698 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 98 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 199 3
- Farm barn lettings 124 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,047 62
- West Bromich Albion 222 1
- accounting entries for over payments 127 2
- EYU adjustment to 13/14 PAYE 109 1
- Legal title not in the company name 555 18
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 631
- Cancelled 371
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 348
- Cancelled 322
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 296
- Probiz 282
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 254
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 214
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 184