Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 704 5
- See you all on the other side 732 6
- 12Pay 500 2
- dividends 699 2
- R&D 353 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,209 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 467 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 455 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 404 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 566 5
- Seeking a tax case 672 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 535 4
- Companies house strike off 624 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 467 2
- Moving to the cloud 770 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 931 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 229 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,110 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 520 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 571
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 361
- Capitalising Finance Lease 339
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 335
- Marginal rates of tax 326
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 315
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302