Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Wrong career 60 3
- Newsletter 230 5
- RTI Filing 1,749 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 69 1
- Fee's for P11D's 290 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 211 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 42 1
- reporting salary? 167 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 316 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 271 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 93 3
- Value pricing 579 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 386 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 221 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,310 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 97 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 137 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 274
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- Free Tax Legislation? 166
- vat return 166