Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 140 2
- FRS17 query 191 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 874 6
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 186 4
- Charge HMRC 129 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 466 17
- CT return error message 270 7
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,977 25
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 748 9
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 348 8
- VAT 159 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 79 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 178 2
- Capital repayments 175 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 271 6
- Online payroll software 272 4
- Audit rules 316 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 602 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 294 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 275 1
- Xtuple 537
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 307
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 256
- CIS schemes 198
- Domain name sale and limited company 195
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 169
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 162