Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Viewing folder contens en masse 330 8
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,115 15
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 172 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 320 5
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 109 2
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 622 14
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 135 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 174 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 90 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 250 6
- CIS 125 1
- Really?! 733 9
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 197 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 452 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 896 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 295 4
- Car Purchase 155 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 181 7
- IR35 152 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,961 18
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 437
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 354
- Costly Accounting Software contract 308
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 251
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201