Thinking about giving it up....
Almost 5 years into my practice, circa 150 clients, i am not sure this is for me.
In my most recent post, I experienced my first client loss through choice (not ceasing to trade) last week.
This morning, I got a good referral from an existing client, which will almost balance the loss I think.
My one full time employee is okay, but if I could find someone else at similar pay level, I would sack him.
I work long hours, have three young kids. My partner isn't working as he is recovering from successful surgery removing two cancerous tumours, one from each kidney.
Does everyone experience large amounts of stress with their practice, or is it maybe that it is just not right for me?
I wish I didn't worry constantly about something or some client, but looking back over the weeks, months there is always something that gets me 'down' about my business.
Is there anything I can change to make it work?
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 33 1
- Can I claim mileage? 101 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 179 9
- client threatening legal action 1,815 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 694 8
- Partially exempt? 243 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 94 1
- First VAT Visit for client 243 4
- Dividend in specie 235 7
- Lorry Drivers 147 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 130 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 111 1
- Mexican student in UK 122 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 201 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 307 12
- payroll software 150 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,057 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 128 1
- Pricing 339 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 257 5
- Skandia using wrong address 491
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 279
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 228
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 218
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 218
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 215
- Etax Australian 173
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 161