Touring caravan storage income- rental income or trading income?
How should income from storage of touring caravans be treated.
The caravans are parked in a field and just taken out for holidays etc.The keys are held by the operator of the storage site and given to the caravan owner when he collects the caravan.
An annual fee is paid to store the caravan in the field.
Can it be trading income or is it rental income?
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 391 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 318 1
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 43 1
- Best apps for clients 103 1
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,380 9
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 236 5
- Real names 883 29
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 199 1
- Theatre as charitable company 118 2
- Fixed Assets 157 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 300 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 150 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 166 1
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 378 12
- Dividend payment date 2,028 36
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 522 14
- Consolidating the P+L for an overseas subsidiary 103 4
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 242 7
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 362 1
- Capital Gains Tax 235 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 572
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 440
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 347
- IFA incorporation 327
- Sorry ignore me 274
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 263
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 252
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 249
- Cancelled 186
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 155