Touring caravan storage income- rental income or trading income?
How should income from storage of touring caravans be treated.
The caravans are parked in a field and just taken out for holidays etc.The keys are held by the operator of the storage site and given to the caravan owner when he collects the caravan.
An annual fee is paid to store the caravan in the field.
Can it be trading income or is it rental income?
- Rogue Accountant 2,822 46
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,535 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,283 19
- HMRC Scam 243 2
- Departments in Sage 50 86 1
- Where has Portia gone? 682 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 214 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 319 4
- Capital Gains? 257 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 103 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 73 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 448 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 127 2
- AIA - new period 220 1
- Self assessment question 1,160 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 376 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 265 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 856 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 442 8
- Ex Wives Club 547 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 773
- RTI - duplicate employee record 509
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 277
- How do you do it 264
- Report old income 227
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226