Touring caravan storage income- rental income or trading income?
How should income from storage of touring caravans be treated.
The caravans are parked in a field and just taken out for holidays etc.The keys are held by the operator of the storage site and given to the caravan owner when he collects the caravan.
An annual fee is paid to store the caravan in the field.
Can it be trading income or is it rental income?
- Questions from Liquidator 2,206 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,477 9
- Directors liability insurance and scope 73 4
- backpack 100 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 62 2
- Really?! 363 5
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 532 11
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 192 3
- VAT - Medical Staff 90 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 134 2
- VAT 701/49 query 134 1
- FCA regulated company in a small group 372 1
- Are you going to Xerocon? 1,124 27
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 354 7
- Is the CT61 return dead? 159 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 812 10
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,025 14
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 541 8
- SSP and Contractual Sick Pay Query 359 9
- Commercial Premises Purchase using Company Profits 497 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 698
- 2015 tax year end 429
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 408
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 339
- Costly Accounting Software contract 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 250
- Directors' advances and credits 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 234
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 216
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 196