Touring caravan storage income- rental income or trading income?
How should income from storage of touring caravans be treated.
The caravans are parked in a field and just taken out for holidays etc.The keys are held by the operator of the storage site and given to the caravan owner when he collects the caravan.
An annual fee is paid to store the caravan in the field.
Can it be trading income or is it rental income?
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 167 9
- client threatening legal action 1,795 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 675 8
- Partially exempt? 239 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 86 1
- First VAT Visit for client 224 4
- Dividend in specie 226 7
- Lorry Drivers 136 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 94 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 94 1
- Mexican student in UK 116 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 195 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 298 12
- payroll software 124 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,052 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 107 1
- Pricing 332 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 250 5
- VAT 117 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 851 18
- Skandia using wrong address 487
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 273
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 217
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160