Touring caravan storage income- rental income or trading income?
How should income from storage of touring caravans be treated.
The caravans are parked in a field and just taken out for holidays etc.The keys are held by the operator of the storage site and given to the caravan owner when he collects the caravan.
An annual fee is paid to store the caravan in the field.
Can it be trading income or is it rental income?
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 24 2
- Entrepeneurs relief 354 15
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 455 23
- Potentially dodgy client 101 2
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 407 13
- Do I need to pay my accountant 497 8
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 172 6
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 201 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 311 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 623 8
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 132 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 529 27
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 231 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 162 3
- Lloyds bank ... 448 6
- Limited company buying a car 242 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 496 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 292 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 314 4
- ACCA practice certificates 536 5
- CTA study material 776
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 407
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 287
- Expat pension contributions? 265
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 242
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 191
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149