Touring caravan storage income- rental income or trading income?
How should income from storage of touring caravans be treated.
The caravans are parked in a field and just taken out for holidays etc.The keys are held by the operator of the storage site and given to the caravan owner when he collects the caravan.
An annual fee is paid to store the caravan in the field.
Can it be trading income or is it rental income?
- You know its over 262 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 468 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 194 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 141 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 132 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 183 3
- Cocaine anyone? 470 8
- Late Registration for VAT 474 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 263 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 404 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 406 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 689 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 543 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 571 4
- Personal pension 395 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 219 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,207 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 909 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 153 3
- Hive up 487
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 451
- corporate hierarchy 431
- Advice - 268
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 220
- WWOOFers 215
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 204
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 192
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 171
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171