Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 402 4
- Setting up a practice 283 4
- Very large share capital by mistake 427 6
- 24 month rule and expenses 204 1
- Love is in the air 488 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 647 17
- Stamp Duty 287 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 233 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,782 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 527 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 214 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 258 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,019 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 561 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 569 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 362 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 388 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 444 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 484 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 301 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 298
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 286
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 275
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 251
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 239
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 198