Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Settlement discount 196 5
- IT advisory questions? 292 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,554 21
- experian and credit agencies 76 1
- Homing sandwiches 551 13
- Limited company to community interest company 49 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 443 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 209 5
- Error in audited accounts 229 3
- CIS software 130 3
- Pratice Management Software 210 3
- Use of home query 183 2
- signature required 594 22
- Vat registration exception 215 3
- CT600 158 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 221 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 532 9
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 190 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 158 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 249 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,261
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 835
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 530
- Digita Hosted Software 347
- Credit where credit's due....... 322
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 191
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 169
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167