Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Accounts Software 94 4
- calculation DTR restriction 69 1
- Company Director In Prison 431 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 43 1
- AWeb - download file 155 3
- Charity work 226 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 227 6
- Director Drawings 138 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,673 38
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 256 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 219 7
- HMRC Agents Line 178 3
- Collection or business assets 97 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 262 8
- Tax position re this lease? 368 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 717 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 102 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,672 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 88 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 346 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 513
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 202