Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 152 7
- Put fees on website 170 5
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,446 27
- Director resignation 120 3
- Can't find a good web address 83 1
- effective advertising 106 2
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,236 4
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 233 3
- Sigma Red 1,358 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 336 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 77 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 157 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 436 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 469 7
- VAT Variation Team 189 3
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 90 1
- Sage help please 300 4
- charges for storing documents 196 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 86 1
- VAT in Eu 76 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 475
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 457
- WIP Software 331
- No payroll scheme in place 283
- Is there anything wrong with this? 254
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 246
- Small Part Disposal of Property 225
- Uncommercial property business 216
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 187
- SA Penalty 180