Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Rogue Accountant 2,820 46
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,534 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,282 19
- HMRC Scam 241 2
- Departments in Sage 50 84 1
- Where has Portia gone? 680 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 211 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 256 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 102 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 71 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 447 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 125 2
- AIA - new period 219 1
- Self assessment question 1,158 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 375 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 264 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 856 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 441 8
- Ex Wives Club 545 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 773
- RTI - duplicate employee record 509
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 275
- How do you do it 264
- Report old income 227
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226