Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Scottish Independance 837 24
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 24 1
- Funding Circle experience 22 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 667 20
- Awkward IP 1,458 16
- New supplier 60 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 43 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 202 12
- Audit 354 9
- Buying a horse?? 268 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 203 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,097 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 965 11
- What's in a name ? 1,132 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 220 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 794 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 499 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 786 22
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,121 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 145 1
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 437
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 210
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154