Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,478 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 141 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 88 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 260 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 233 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,233 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 365 6
- Go Cardless 383 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 328 3
- Mehjoo 334 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 150 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 407 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 199 4
- SA302 345 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 296 13
- Bringing money to Uk 300 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 219 4
- Hmrc software 262 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 197 1
- Hosted email exchange 192 5
- Xtuple 522
- Qtac payroll for bureau 357
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 300
- Industrial & Provident Societies 294
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 238
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 216
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 211
- Domain name sale and limited company 182
- CIS schemes 179
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 155