Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Undeclared rental income 2,081 22
- Fee base v staff ratio 52 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 324 4
- Debtor/creditor set-off 48 1
- Cash basis 356 10
- Statutory sick pay 191 3
- Redundancy payment added to p45 329 2
- Overseas bank interest 193 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 138 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 338 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 194 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 299 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,922 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,345 12
- Lorry Drivers 387 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 257 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,718 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 170 1
- PRR 599 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 223 2
- Skandia using wrong address 540
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 292
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 288
- Employee rewards 280
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 255
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 142