Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 171 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 188 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 357 8
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 146 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 146 3
- LLP as member of LLP 99 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,750 48
- B2B vat in the EU 143 3
- Coding Notice 166 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 459 7
- Vat 286 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,283 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 198 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 166 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,496 18
- CT/CIS offset 149 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 198 4
- Trade name 197 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 146 1
- New business - journal entries 330 20
- Auto enrolment excuses 826
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 394
- Social investment tax relief 210
- Digita Hosted Software 207
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 163
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 150
- accounting for this transaction 147