Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 118 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 91 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 89 2
- Non resident income. 468 21
- Why do I do this every year 456 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 287 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 160 3
- Hobby Horse 810 8
- What sectors to target? 621 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 277 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 198 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,956 41
- Self assesment online 1,013 11
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 310 5
- closing limited company 201 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 129 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 549 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 262 9
- IHT and US resident 81 1
- Limited Companies Merger 218 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 937
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 654
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 583
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 247
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 240
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 180