Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 110 4
- New Company reviews please 606 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,062 33
- Business only use of company car 736 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 375 8
- Gift to son by parents 112 1
- valuation of vehicles 485 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 280 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 159 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 384 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 458 4
- BTC is slow 300 3
- Director registration for SA question 526 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 455 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 515 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 524 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 357 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 347 4
- VAT with Russia 276 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 316
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 256
- Any thoughts on Capium? 256
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 226
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 170
- How to account for investment in JV? 164
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 158