Trading losses are they after Annual Investment Allowance?
Can anyone confirm using the figures below, what is the trading loss that can either be carried forward or set off against earlier years income:
Profit per accounts £3,800
Less AIA (capital expenditure) £5,300
|Net business loss for tax purposes £1500|
Is the trading loss £1,500 or is it actually a profit of £3,800?
If it is a loss of £1500, I want to offset this against prior years tax paid under PAYE, if I can. This is the first year of trade.
Frustrated as I cannot see an clarity on HMRC's site to this rather basic point!
Sorry if I am being stupid.
- Introduction of Goodwill 166 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 143 4
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 257 10
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 137 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 724 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 376 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 189 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 311 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 90 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 377 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 86 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 311 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 386 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 125 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 89 1
- VAT Registration 451 19
- Tax Credit Overpayment 271 9
- Property Expenses - Allowable 141 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 123 2
- Tax advice person/business 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,536
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 845
- International interest certificate 464
- NOVA 322
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 220
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 214
- Bonus Bonds 203
- Management expenses for investment company 199
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 188
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 176