Training in property Investment
A client, who already has one let property, is planning to attend a £5,000 property Investment course to launch her dream of making money from Buy-to-let properties - I have opinions, but that isn't the issue...
She has been told by accountant at the training company that she can reclaim the fees of the training against letting income, and that she should let him do her rental accounts. I can't see how this would be allowable, and I've shown her the way that the tax return property pages are set up.
Has anyone any experience of this? She wants to stay within the rules, but is conflicted with another 'professional' telling her something different, so I'd like some more information to give her.
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 892 22
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,649 49
- Allocation of income from property 368 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 102 1
- bookkeeping system 298 5
- Outstanding Loans 72 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 165 5
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 679 8
- Business trips - director and family 102 1
- Company van paid by director 183 2
- Private company division 195 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 226 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 374 9
- US share sale - income or capital 97 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,412 12
- flat rate scheme 1,066 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 153 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 244 2
- Before I call employers helpline 339 2
- Accountants reference for me?? 331 1