transfer of agency identifier | AccountingWEB

transfer of agency identifier

Part of my practice is being split and I recall from a few years ago when we took over another small firm, this can be problematical as far as having the 64-8 details transferred within the various HMRC departments.  Does anyone have any experience of this?  What I need is for the clients being taken to the new firm to have a smooth transition so that all HMRC departments recognise the new agency name they will have to deal with.  When we took over the other practice a few years ago we found that a few years down the line propblems were still being raised with clients for whom we hadn't had to speak to HMRC since the change.  Anyone know the best way of going about this?  I did try to speak to HMRC about it but was completely underwhelmed by the response - just advised me to write in with a list of the clients that needed changing about 5 weeks before the change is due to take place.

There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

CAA Team

dreamcatcher |
dreamcatcher's picture

You could try...

Jim Broome |