Transfer of Assets Between Spouses
I have a Company director who has a terminal illness and wants to transfer his shares to his wife.
HMRC guide GC22010 says that transfers take place for such consideration as will give rise to neither gain nor loss for the transferror.
There is a commercial building on the balance sheet as well as cash deposits.
My question is - what is the value of the shares for the transfer - the nominal value (£1 each) or a value based on the strength of the balance sheet?
- Mortgage Reference 102 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,843 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 127 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,166 45
- Practical experience 839 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 416 9
- Personal Tax 132 1
- VAT 304 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 179 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 131 1
- last minute request 236 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 490 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 74 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 426 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 102 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 250 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 656 6
- Overseas workday relief 168 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 329 3