Transfer of Assets Between Spouses
I have a Company director who has a terminal illness and wants to transfer his shares to his wife.
HMRC guide GC22010 says that transfers take place for such consideration as will give rise to neither gain nor loss for the transferror.
There is a commercial building on the balance sheet as well as cash deposits.
My question is - what is the value of the shares for the transfer - the nominal value (£1 each) or a value based on the strength of the balance sheet?
- Old CGT loss 225 4
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 959 14
- Trade creditor journal 34 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 387 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 84 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 216 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 129 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,369 42
- Nominal Ledger 395 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 597 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 216 3
- Paper tax return 174 4
- Start up allowance? 391 12
- Will I need to resign? 249 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 256 3
- AIA or IFA 461 7