Transfer of assets from Partnership to Ltd Co
We have a Client who has a Partnership with 2 partners. The partners are also the directors and shareholders of a Ltd Co. Incorporation relief is not appropraite as not all assets are being transferred from the Partnership. They wish to transfer the Plant & Machinery into the Ltd Co in return for cash/loan. The TWDV of assets is £900,000, the Book Value is £1,300,000 and the likely market value is £2,000,000.
We believe that for tax purposes this will be transferred at TWDV but what value should we use for accounting purposes?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 482 17
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 63 2
- Will I need to resign? 84 1
- Paper tax return 91 3
- Start up allowance? 341 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,332 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 229 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 162 1
- AIA or IFA 425 7
- Surely not? 424 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 626 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 357 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 348 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 170 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 261 5
- Nominal Ledger 343 10
- Share structures 142 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,150 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 342 5