Transfer of assets from Partnership to Ltd Co
We have a Client who has a Partnership with 2 partners. The partners are also the directors and shareholders of a Ltd Co. Incorporation relief is not appropraite as not all assets are being transferred from the Partnership. They wish to transfer the Plant & Machinery into the Ltd Co in return for cash/loan. The TWDV of assets is £900,000, the Book Value is £1,300,000 and the likely market value is £2,000,000.
We believe that for tax purposes this will be transferred at TWDV but what value should we use for accounting purposes?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 167 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 208 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,232 35
- Mortgage Reference 552 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 259 7
- Insovent companies 885 19
- New Build 217 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 234 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 808 20
- Website Content 187 1
- Personal Tax 633 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 202 1
- USA Tax Query 316 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 656 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 369 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 403 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,743 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6