Transfer of a company and issues of shares
M owns 100% of F Ltd and 100% of O Ltd.
M wants to move F Ltd so it is wholly owned by O Ltd. M also wants to issue shares to P and to T so that the ownership of O Ltd is M 34%, P 33% and T 33%.
Neither F Ltd nor O Ltd have ever traded, they have no value in them and neither is more than 18 months old.
Is there a better order for these transactions?
i.e transfer the shares of F Ltd to O Ltd and then issue new shares in O Ltd or
issue new shares in O Ltd and then bring in F Ltd as a wholly owned subsidiary?
Anythin else to watch out for?
- transactions after account have been closed 158 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 153 5
- The stupidity continues 594 22
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 523 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 213 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 117 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,339 25
- New Employers Helpline 205 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 217 3
- Software recommendations 273 1
- Share transfer question 376 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 323 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 180 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,453 19
- Overlap relief 758 19
- What is IRIS World like? 364 8
- Pension contributions 381 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 510 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 203 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 282 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 438
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 299
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 206
- Is there anything wrong with this? 201
- Small Part Disposal of Property 188
- Uncommercial property business 180