Transfer of a company and issues of shares
M owns 100% of F Ltd and 100% of O Ltd.
M wants to move F Ltd so it is wholly owned by O Ltd. M also wants to issue shares to P and to T so that the ownership of O Ltd is M 34%, P 33% and T 33%.
Neither F Ltd nor O Ltd have ever traded, they have no value in them and neither is more than 18 months old.
Is there a better order for these transactions?
i.e transfer the shares of F Ltd to O Ltd and then issue new shares in O Ltd or
issue new shares in O Ltd and then bring in F Ltd as a wholly owned subsidiary?
Anythin else to watch out for?
- What is IRIS World like? 327 8
- Pension contributions 342 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 93 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,339 18
- The stupidity continues 196 4
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 112 1
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 456 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 146 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 444 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 256 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 246 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 197 1
- Share transfer question 321 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 549 10
- New Employers Helpline 149 3
- Overlap relief 735 19
- Budget 2015 - take two 213 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 202 4
- VAT Query 208 2
- Sacked my first client 702 14
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 433
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 426
- WIP Software 291
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- No payroll scheme in place 222
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 222
- Software recommendations 207
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 201
- Is there anything wrong with this? 194
- Small Part Disposal of Property 175