Transfer of Equity
Take an investor in property who has an income of £160,000 and a number of flats bought in the late 1990’s typically worth three to four times their original cost.
The investor wishes to make ongoing payments of £20k to charity,
Some of these flats have a higher rental yield than others and they wish to sell one of the lower yielding ones.
Take one property that cost £50k and is now worth about £190k.
Could they transfer a third of the equity in the flat they wish to sell each year to a charity?
Ideally to a body like the Charaties Aid foundation. It is possible to transfer shares to this body which sells them and the giver receives tax relief . They can then use the proceeds to make payments to a charity of their choice.
Say the giver gave the flat to the charaties aid foundation in three steps.
So say transferring a third in March 2013 . Then a third March 2014 and finally a third in April 2014.
So for this tax year and the following two tax years taxable income would be reduce by about £60k each.
In April 2014 the property would be wholly owned by the Charaties Aid Founation and the giver would be able to use the sales proceeds to give to charaties of their choice.
The goal beeing to use the sales proceeds of the flat to give to charity whilst getting income tax relief and avoiding CGT.
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 718 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 493 10
- SA316s 104 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 506 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 361 11
- Start-up cost recognition 89 1
- Lunches 171 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 374 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 121 3
- Generic notification message 251 6
- Property Expenses 215 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 811 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 114 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 499 13
- Swiching tax 500 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 255 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,192 18
- Basis periods 96 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 111 2
- CGT on spouse's death 309 11
- Construction CIS LLP Company 598
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 589
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 288
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 249
- Accelerated payment notices 234
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 225