Transfer of Equity
Take an investor in property who has an income of £160,000 and a number of flats bought in the late 1990’s typically worth three to four times their original cost.
The investor wishes to make ongoing payments of £20k to charity,
Some of these flats have a higher rental yield than others and they wish to sell one of the lower yielding ones.
Take one property that cost £50k and is now worth about £190k.
Could they transfer a third of the equity in the flat they wish to sell each year to a charity?
Ideally to a body like the Charaties Aid foundation. It is possible to transfer shares to this body which sells them and the giver receives tax relief . They can then use the proceeds to make payments to a charity of their choice.
Say the giver gave the flat to the charaties aid foundation in three steps.
So say transferring a third in March 2013 . Then a third March 2014 and finally a third in April 2014.
So for this tax year and the following two tax years taxable income would be reduce by about £60k each.
In April 2014 the property would be wholly owned by the Charaties Aid Founation and the giver would be able to use the sales proceeds to give to charaties of their choice.
The goal beeing to use the sales proceeds of the flat to give to charity whilst getting income tax relief and avoiding CGT.
- When do we qualify for state pension? 96 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 97 4
- BTC vs Digita 957 29
- Seeking a tax case 209 8
- How much to charge for payroll? 698 15
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 247 4
- See you all on the other side 194 5
- VATABLE Income 173 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 102 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 246 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 388 6
- P11D software 71 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 439 9
- VAT - business splitting 226 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 579 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 402 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 947 16
- Jersey - VAT 109 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 294 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 134 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 350
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 242
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 211
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185