Transfer of Equity
Take an investor in property who has an income of £160,000 and a number of flats bought in the late 1990’s typically worth three to four times their original cost.
The investor wishes to make ongoing payments of £20k to charity,
Some of these flats have a higher rental yield than others and they wish to sell one of the lower yielding ones.
Take one property that cost £50k and is now worth about £190k.
Could they transfer a third of the equity in the flat they wish to sell each year to a charity?
Ideally to a body like the Charaties Aid foundation. It is possible to transfer shares to this body which sells them and the giver receives tax relief . They can then use the proceeds to make payments to a charity of their choice.
Say the giver gave the flat to the charaties aid foundation in three steps.
So say transferring a third in March 2013 . Then a third March 2014 and finally a third in April 2014.
So for this tax year and the following two tax years taxable income would be reduce by about £60k each.
In April 2014 the property would be wholly owned by the Charaties Aid Founation and the giver would be able to use the sales proceeds to give to charaties of their choice.
The goal beeing to use the sales proceeds of the flat to give to charity whilst getting income tax relief and avoiding CGT.
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 201 4
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 75 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 314 2
- looking for a practice consultant 176 2
- The stupidity continues 1,458 73
- Withdrawing company car 119 1
- AML report needed? 192 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 250 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 100 1
- transactions after account have been closed 322 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 92 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 396 9
- Marketing and email surprises 455 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 770 26
- What is IRIS World like? 421 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 334 5
- Mlom bollocks 279 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 126 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 599 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 242
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 218
- Is there anything wrong with this? 213
- Small Part Disposal of Property 203
- Uncommercial property business 191