Transfer of Equity
Take an investor in property who has an income of £160,000 and a number of flats bought in the late 1990’s typically worth three to four times their original cost.
The investor wishes to make ongoing payments of £20k to charity,
Some of these flats have a higher rental yield than others and they wish to sell one of the lower yielding ones.
Take one property that cost £50k and is now worth about £190k.
Could they transfer a third of the equity in the flat they wish to sell each year to a charity?
Ideally to a body like the Charaties Aid foundation. It is possible to transfer shares to this body which sells them and the giver receives tax relief . They can then use the proceeds to make payments to a charity of their choice.
Say the giver gave the flat to the charaties aid foundation in three steps.
So say transferring a third in March 2013 . Then a third March 2014 and finally a third in April 2014.
So for this tax year and the following two tax years taxable income would be reduce by about £60k each.
In April 2014 the property would be wholly owned by the Charaties Aid Founation and the giver would be able to use the sales proceeds to give to charaties of their choice.
The goal beeing to use the sales proceeds of the flat to give to charity whilst getting income tax relief and avoiding CGT.
- Worried over stock value 243 5
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 868 24
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,181 74
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 262 12
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 100 2
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 187 3
- Company name change question... 169 3
- Writing down allowance / AIA 184 6
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 435 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 261 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,315 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 185 5
- Consolidation IFRS 72 1
- White van man 461 20
- foreign income 133 2
- Window Comb Binder Cover 313 5
- STUDENT LOAN 120 1
- Bookkeeping question 612 6
- wave software 235 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 366 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 835
- Copy Wanted 556
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 512
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 491
- Latest phishing scam 353
- Entrepreneurs' relief 331
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 289
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 283
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 187