Transfer of Equity
Take an investor in property who has an income of £160,000 and a number of flats bought in the late 1990’s typically worth three to four times their original cost.
The investor wishes to make ongoing payments of £20k to charity,
Some of these flats have a higher rental yield than others and they wish to sell one of the lower yielding ones.
Take one property that cost £50k and is now worth about £190k.
Could they transfer a third of the equity in the flat they wish to sell each year to a charity?
Ideally to a body like the Charaties Aid foundation. It is possible to transfer shares to this body which sells them and the giver receives tax relief . They can then use the proceeds to make payments to a charity of their choice.
Say the giver gave the flat to the charaties aid foundation in three steps.
So say transferring a third in March 2013 . Then a third March 2014 and finally a third in April 2014.
So for this tax year and the following two tax years taxable income would be reduce by about £60k each.
In April 2014 the property would be wholly owned by the Charaties Aid Founation and the giver would be able to use the sales proceeds to give to charaties of their choice.
The goal beeing to use the sales proceeds of the flat to give to charity whilst getting income tax relief and avoiding CGT.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,772 27
- Value pricing 246 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,570 12
- Audit Required 119 3
- company secretarial software 148 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 160 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 66 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 189 1
- Rental Income 304 6
- Payroll 2012/13 109 1
- I have a pain 699 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 91 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 181 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 738 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 127 3
- Cash flow 150 2
- New use of home - simplified method 258 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 271 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 404 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,960 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 735
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 502
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 350
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 343
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 265
- VAT on Gaming Machines 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 203
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 179
- Director Loan account operation 152