Transfer loan (cr bal) to other reserves
I have a client who is a has received a loan into their limited company from a family member. The family member has said they are not looking for this loan to be re-paid.
The issue the client is facing is that they are trying to tender for local gov't contracts/work and need their balance sheet to look better. The options I can think of are writing off the loan and transferring it to P&L if this is permissible, but what are the tax implications?
Or second option, is to transfer the credit balance to 'other reserves'. I'm not sure if this is permissible and if so what are the disclosure requirements?
Any comments would be appreciated even if just to point me in the right direction.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 152 2
- UK tax on sale of Italian shares 214 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,103 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 143 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 615 25
- Amend a 2010/11 return 152 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 195 1
- How to deal with prior year error 191 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 554 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,355 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,063 20
- Tax Calculations 666 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 426 4
- Exemption from CGT 268 2
- VAT Registration 271 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 469 14
- Autumn statement predictions 466 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 380 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 216 3
- Moneysoft error 439 7