Transfer of Trade & Losses
Company A and Company B are related parties.
Company A is to be wound up. B takes on all of A's assets and liabilities so at cessation A only has one item left in the balance sheet which is an inter-company creditor with A for £20k.
B will also be eligible to receive A's losses (£28k), available to carry forward against profits of that same trade. However, my question is whether the losses are restricted by the inter-company loan as a relevant liabilty.
I have read conflicting advice on this and would appreciate some guidance on this matter.
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 62 4
- Corrupt Excel File 648 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 312 4
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 66 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,934 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,155 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 265 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 343 7
- Personal Tax 370 10
- Xerocon 2016 913 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,593 24
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 88 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 176 4
- last minute request 420 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,224 46
- Practical experience 891 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 266 2
- Mortgage Reference 285 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 204 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 459 9