Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 132 4
- Fee protection 771 15
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 923 38
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,049 31
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 207 3
- Overdrawn DLA 164 8
- CIS monthly declaration 156 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 308 4
- Self assesment losses 175 5
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 108 3
- Companies House incorporation service 454 14
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 114 1
- Electronic v printed payslips 114 1
- Where to advertise for staff 191 5
- Personal investment trading company 66 1
- CIS schemes 264 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 140 2
- Excel formula 528 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 534 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 466 4
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 216
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 200
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 198
- Investment 198
- Tax on damages received 165
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 145