Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 36 1
- Late VAT registration penalty 77 3
- Research expenses for authors 162 2
- HMRC website 44 1
- VAT 44 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 354 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 98 1
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 73 2
- Pricing 200 8
- Sage error message 38 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 203 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 156 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,114 158
- Money laundering POCA 210 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 98 1
- P11d mistake 121 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 186 2
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 479 1
- CLG exempt under s60 128 2
- Improvement expenses allowable against rental income 159 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 501
- Skandia using wrong address 447
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 240
- Employee rewards 236
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 208
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 186
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 152