Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 508 20
- Tax relief on accommodation costs 24 1
- Director or self-employed 278 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,365 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 590 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 1,005 37
- BVI registered 190 4
- Closing a limited company 392 6
- Self assessment for directors 187 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 279 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,616 17
- A little knowledge 420 6
- Digita in the cloud 181 2
- Tax relief when working away 96 1
- Tax relief when working away 211 3
- Designated sole Residence 259 5
- Scratch Head 360 1
- Year end 278 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 335 13
- Clothing 650 19
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 970
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 691
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 634
- Latest phishing scam 616
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 459
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 338
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 270
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 240
- Sabbatical payments 232
- Negligible Value Claim 215