Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- How much did you pay for your website 1,213 22
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 215 4
- Fastest Software 654 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 110 1
- Where did it go? 250 2
- cancellation of Engagement 142 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 88 1
- Feuding directors 252 8
- VAT Registration for Building Company 104 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 494 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,901 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 609 5
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 237 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 103 1
- Benefit fraud 3,422 49
- SA Tax Returns 157 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 150 2
- Consolidated accounts 133 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,025 24
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 357 12
- CTA study material 651
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 394
- Employment related securities question 247
- ATED Penalties 221
- AIM Stocks and IHT 201
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 171
- Trust for Employee 155
- Expat pension contributions? 150
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 135
- Capital allowances 123