Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 669 17
- incorrect old p60 83 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 471 4
- VAT on new builds 102 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 339 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 113 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 104 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 115 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,809 26
- Missing tax return 150 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 272 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 154 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 550 18
- Physiotherapy 235 3
- Inflation and fees 1,212 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 157 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 276 8
- CGT help please 140 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 342 7