Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 896 24
- BrightPay quirks 289 3
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 393 10
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 47 2
- Xerocon 2016 1,294 36
- VAT disaggregation 69 1
- Appointment of director 48 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 499 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 209 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 271 3
- Mortgage Reference 607 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 335 7
- Insovent companies 912 19
- New Build 249 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,317 48
- Website Content 234 1
- Personal Tax 666 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 231 1
- USA Tax Query 338 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 453 5