Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 365 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,442 42
- Company formation and bank account 85 4
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 138 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 373 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 360 8
- OneNote is fantastic 391 11
- VAT Direct Debit 321 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 397 8
- Self Assessment Software 661 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 418 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,331 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 187 11
- Owning overseas property 186 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 298 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 269 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 675 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,136 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 400 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 644
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 378
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 377
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 231
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 231
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 227