Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Share transfer question 267 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 409 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 207 5
- New Employers Helpline 129 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 217 5
- Overlap relief 719 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,290 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 188 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 192 4
- VAT Query 187 2
- Sacked my first client 654 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 416 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 237 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,272 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 622 11
- Trades and deadlines 153 3
- How to pay national insurance 649 18
- New Website Look 1,078 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 280 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 236 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 427
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 422
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 202
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 187