Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Losses carry forward to self employed 373 7
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 835 8
- CGT Problem 583 6
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 427 4
- Where is Section 809 of ITA 2007? 177 7
- Self Assessment - income for US property 61 2
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 338 4
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 301 8
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 1,317 12
- Time to ditch Sage? 612 10
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,065 47
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 654 21
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 230 2
- HMRC Post 741 10
- Star v Sage for bureau payroll work 92 2
- www.pool.adzio 299 4
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 408 6
- The Higgs Decision 480 5
- Selling Business 175 1
- Freelance/Employee 782 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 776
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 423
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 376
- Electric Car 313
- S222 Charge 258
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 227
- IP trans to holding company 206
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 196
- AIA 194
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 190