Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Funds received in advance of share issue 36 2
- VAT implications of UK subsiduary recharging US Parent 31 1
- Great Service 922 12
- Selling Fees 186 4
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 487 9
- WIP valuation at year end 232 4
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 56 1
- Speed of VAT registration 71 1
- Difficult handover 411 5
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,045 26
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 413 1
- Sale of overseas investment property 155 5
- PAYE & NIC 645 31
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 246 3
- Can I call Agent Dedicated line to request UTR be posted? 187 2
- German VAT registration? 110 2
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 274 4
- salary earned outside UK 211 4
- Contact number for HMRC Banking? 130 1
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 606 9
- Sanzar 515
- Digital marketing focus group 406
- Sainsbury's mangement 363
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 361
- Continuity Agreement 343
- Avanti Accounts 341
- Buyback 295
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 245
- Aggresive sales from Iris 223
- Charity volunteers and mileage 188