Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,015 18
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 369 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 114 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 188 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 79 1
- FPS or EPS 124 2
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 247 3
- Continuity of Practice 182 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 119 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 307 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,200 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 243 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 153 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 292 10
- Online Downtime 336 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 326 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 793 31
- Personal allowance 674 15
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 448 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,122 1
- Moving away from CCH software 948
- QROP pension input amounts 437
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 282
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 252
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 221
- Construction CIS LLP Company 209
- EPS and CIS deductions 196