Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Redundancy pay for directors? 161 5
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 400 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,765 47
- Small company audit 204 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 204 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 212 5
- Problem partnership fees 118 1
- Car financed by employee 101 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 96 1
- Undisclosed income 170 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 294 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 244 4
- Private Investment Company 138 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 118 1
- New company - form a group? 200 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 799 17
- CIC Company 434 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,709 57
- Is this a scam? 822 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 163 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 605
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 288
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 203
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 188
- Car leasing scheme 184
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 178