Treatment of expenses incurred by trustees
A UK IIP Trust receives rental income and in addition to normal expenses of a rental business has incurred professional fees in respect of the first lease of a property for more than 12 months (not allowable).
How are these expenses treated in the trust tax computations please? Are they deductible as trust management expenses? In particular, what will appear on the R185?
Suppose taxable rental profit is £3,000 and the disallowed expenses are £2,000. Tax payable by the trustees is £600, so will the R185 show £2,400 or £400 net?
In general, can an R185 certificate show a greater amount than the beneficiary can possibly receive?
I'm going round in circles on this one.
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 221 3
- Goodwill on incorporation 156 2
- Company Strike off 237 10
- Is there a UK CGT base cost on the sale of these shares? 102 1
- are we that stupid 426 9
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 536 16
- Company Limited by Guarantee 238 4
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 143 2
- wife as partner 1,017 7
- Staff training 1,498 12
- Self Assessment penalties again 157 2
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 295 6
- 'Careless' Self Assessment Error 378 8
- HMRC Security Deposit 1,369 19
- living will or LPA? 96 1
- Practice software 1,356 19
- Job costing 212 1
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 251 5
- Shares held in trust 189 4
- Servicing AE fees 361 7
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 326
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 323
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 281
- French ConnectionUK 258
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 237
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 211
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 148
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 146
- Indian Provident Fund 139