UK LLP and Foreign equity in foreign company
A Limited Liability Partnership registered in UK owns 30% of equity of a foreign Limited Liability Company, let’s call them RF1. RF1 gained profit and issued a Protocol of General Meeting and distributed dividends making certain amount of dividend income payable to a UK holding and investment Partnership. All of this happened in the same accounting period which ended on 31 July 2012 falling into the tax year 12-13. The dividend income was never actually paid and remains an asset (a receivable) of the Partnership. All of the Partnership members are companies non-resident in UK, who do not trade in the UK.
1. What is the total tax burden of the Partnership’s members? I believe that this would be 10% of the payable dividend income split between the partners in proportions set out in their Partnership Agreement?
2. Return for which tax year should declare the dividend income, 12-13 or the future tax year in which the dividend income will be paid?
3. How is the Partnership supposed to declare the dividend income? My assumption is that it would go to the foreign pages of SA800 tax return leaving the Trade and Professional Income pages of the return with zero-balance (blank).
4. How are the non-resident company members supposed to declare their profit? Our assumption is that each of the partners should receive a UTR in UK and file a CT600 (or an SA800?) tax return stating their share of the dividend income as Profits chargeable to corporation tax.
5. What impact would it have on the Partnership's taxation if they purchased additional shares of the RF1 Company so as to increase their share of equity from 30% to 49%?
I would be grateful for any pointers. Many thanks
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 169 6
- Who can I refer leads to? 138 1
- Engagement letter 122 2
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 101 3
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 265 7
- How do you account in the VAT return for 266 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 82 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 124 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 160 2
- Missing accountant! 1,364 6
- ACCA qualified but not enough 1,028 18
- Sage Import Data 150 3
- Australian dividend 86 1
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 481 9
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 93 3
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 571 13
- updating shareholdings on companies house 74 1
- Spanish Tax Return 200 6
- Dividend Vouchers 222 3
- National Insurance. 254 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 420
- CTA study material 385
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 282
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 262
- Pre incorp expenses 237
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 212
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 205
- Slight twist on employment related securities 192
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 133