UK LLP and Foreign equity in foreign company
A Limited Liability Partnership registered in UK owns 30% of equity of a foreign Limited Liability Company, let’s call them RF1. RF1 gained profit and issued a Protocol of General Meeting and distributed dividends making certain amount of dividend income payable to a UK holding and investment Partnership. All of this happened in the same accounting period which ended on 31 July 2012 falling into the tax year 12-13. The dividend income was never actually paid and remains an asset (a receivable) of the Partnership. All of the Partnership members are companies non-resident in UK, who do not trade in the UK.
1. What is the total tax burden of the Partnership’s members? I believe that this would be 10% of the payable dividend income split between the partners in proportions set out in their Partnership Agreement?
2. Return for which tax year should declare the dividend income, 12-13 or the future tax year in which the dividend income will be paid?
3. How is the Partnership supposed to declare the dividend income? My assumption is that it would go to the foreign pages of SA800 tax return leaving the Trade and Professional Income pages of the return with zero-balance (blank).
4. How are the non-resident company members supposed to declare their profit? Our assumption is that each of the partners should receive a UTR in UK and file a CT600 (or an SA800?) tax return stating their share of the dividend income as Profits chargeable to corporation tax.
5. What impact would it have on the Partnership's taxation if they purchased additional shares of the RF1 Company so as to increase their share of equity from 30% to 49%?
I would be grateful for any pointers. Many thanks
- Do I need a smartphone? 455 20
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 426 10
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 536 14
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 681 19
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 207 3
- West Bromich Albion 404 3
- What are options for non CA firm 2,961 63
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 111 3
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 91 2
- registering my UK Ltd in Holland 214 4
- Small company audit 570 10
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 108 4
- inheritance tax 500 13
- Invoices or receipts from non-vat registered businesses 74 1
- Deduction from Salary 801 22
- Interspouse Relief - Separate Couple 54 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,478 54
- 27,000 Really? 1,354 39
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 337 7
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 557 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 652
- Cancelled 413
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 406
- How not to compose an email 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 357
- Cancelled 350
- Probiz 320
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 305
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 232
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 208