UK LLP and Foreign equity in foreign company
A Limited Liability Partnership registered in UK owns 30% of equity of a foreign Limited Liability Company, let’s call them RF1. RF1 gained profit and issued a Protocol of General Meeting and distributed dividends making certain amount of dividend income payable to a UK holding and investment Partnership. All of this happened in the same accounting period which ended on 31 July 2012 falling into the tax year 12-13. The dividend income was never actually paid and remains an asset (a receivable) of the Partnership. All of the Partnership members are companies non-resident in UK, who do not trade in the UK.
1. What is the total tax burden of the Partnership’s members? I believe that this would be 10% of the payable dividend income split between the partners in proportions set out in their Partnership Agreement?
2. Return for which tax year should declare the dividend income, 12-13 or the future tax year in which the dividend income will be paid?
3. How is the Partnership supposed to declare the dividend income? My assumption is that it would go to the foreign pages of SA800 tax return leaving the Trade and Professional Income pages of the return with zero-balance (blank).
4. How are the non-resident company members supposed to declare their profit? Our assumption is that each of the partners should receive a UTR in UK and file a CT600 (or an SA800?) tax return stating their share of the dividend income as Profits chargeable to corporation tax.
5. What impact would it have on the Partnership's taxation if they purchased additional shares of the RF1 Company so as to increase their share of equity from 30% to 49%?
I would be grateful for any pointers. Many thanks
- HMRC & daft penalty 1,546 10
- Sage import sales invoices with due dates 106 3
- Indemnity question re IR35? 62 1
- New Website Look 767 15
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 103 3
- Registering a client for Self assessment through Agent log ons 232 3
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 357 17
- Appealing agianst HMRC penalties for dormant company 105 1
- Capital allowances - Jersey 124 4
- Share transfer question 104 2
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 122 6
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 414 7
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 120 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 300 8
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 296 5
- Pension contributions 197 5
- Marketing and email surprises 184 2
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 216 5
- Dividend Waiver 271 5
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 298 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 410
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 395
- Perkbox 347
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 281
- WIP Software 269
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 203
- No payroll scheme in place 197
- Benefit in Kind? 187
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 185
- Software recommendations 180