UK LLP and Foreign equity in foreign company
A Limited Liability Partnership registered in UK owns 30% of equity of a foreign Limited Liability Company, let’s call them RF1. RF1 gained profit and issued a Protocol of General Meeting and distributed dividends making certain amount of dividend income payable to a UK holding and investment Partnership. All of this happened in the same accounting period which ended on 31 July 2012 falling into the tax year 12-13. The dividend income was never actually paid and remains an asset (a receivable) of the Partnership. All of the Partnership members are companies non-resident in UK, who do not trade in the UK.
1. What is the total tax burden of the Partnership’s members? I believe that this would be 10% of the payable dividend income split between the partners in proportions set out in their Partnership Agreement?
2. Return for which tax year should declare the dividend income, 12-13 or the future tax year in which the dividend income will be paid?
3. How is the Partnership supposed to declare the dividend income? My assumption is that it would go to the foreign pages of SA800 tax return leaving the Trade and Professional Income pages of the return with zero-balance (blank).
4. How are the non-resident company members supposed to declare their profit? Our assumption is that each of the partners should receive a UTR in UK and file a CT600 (or an SA800?) tax return stating their share of the dividend income as Profits chargeable to corporation tax.
5. What impact would it have on the Partnership's taxation if they purchased additional shares of the RF1 Company so as to increase their share of equity from 30% to 49%?
I would be grateful for any pointers. Many thanks
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 30 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,256 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,230 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 970 29
- You know its over 366 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 503 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 239 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 191 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 176 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 279 3
- Cocaine anyone? 524 8
- Late Registration for VAT 496 13
- EIS/SEIS 155 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 282 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 432 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 432 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 730 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 565 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 600 4
- Personal pension 407 9
- Hive up 493
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 462
- corporate hierarchy 444
- Advice - 276
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 229
- WWOOFers 219
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 210
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 206
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 185
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 177