UK Property Income but Resident in Spain | AccountingWEB

UK Property Income but Resident in Spain

UK citizen has a property in UK which is rented but has been living and working in Spain for 3 years with visits back to see family ocassionally. The profit on the rental is about £2000. Am I correct in thinking personal allowances are available and only the UK property income and interest on UK banks needs to be declared or does other income go on the return? ( ie spanish salary,  spanish interest). Does there need to be a separate claim to the allowance or is the submission of the return sufficient? Is there any way of not having to do a return where the income is small and clearly below personal allowances? Many thanks

There is 1 comment. Login or register to view it.

Basic answers

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture