UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 383 7
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 117 1
- CGT on house within Limited Company 293 10
- Subsistence Claims 317 3
- India Capital Gain 151 2
- Late filing penalties refunded 106 1
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 349 7
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 225 4
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 136 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 550 12
- Care Home - Job Price 305 5
- Fee headache 504 4
- Dormant payroll 754 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 133 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 310 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,543 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 144 1
- This feels wrong.... 1,605 21
- Overlap relief 406 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 222 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 511
- Theatre Tax Relief 420
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 329
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 310
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 288
- Perkbox 238
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 226
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 221
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 199
- Document Management Systems 197