UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 729 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 300 7
- CGT and primary residence 115 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 411 10
- Marriage Allowance 203 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,094 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 358 4
- S455 and February year ends 263 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,248 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 829 18
- Closing down loss-making company 424 5
- S.455 Tax again 272 3
- New Build 329 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 371 4
- Mortgage Reference 780 10
- RTI offline? 187 1
- Right To Manage Company 279 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 171 1
- Giving shares away 338 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 636 5