UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Vat threshold issues 166 4
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 281 2
- private to company car? 219 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 169 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 109 2
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 83 1
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 283 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 143 4
- Partner with an IVA 191 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 336 6
- R&D tax claim 126 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 605 13
- Growing pains 376 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 240 14
- Consequential loss claim 139 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 198 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 128 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 115 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 345 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 964 34
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 420
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 304
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 290
- Pre incorp expenses 280
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 247
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 212
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 188
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 179