UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Is the CT61 return dead? 416 6
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 269 3
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 405 4
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 319 4
- CisVerification as an agent 170 2
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 355 6
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 320 6
- Viewing folder contens en masse 395 9
- Transmission of ISA 251 3
- backpack 402 4
- CIS 363 9
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 698 16
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,338 18
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,188 14
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 493 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 187 2
- Really?! 927 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,420 26
- VAT 701/49 query 252 2
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 227 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 713
- 2015 tax year end 445
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 422
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 324
- Directors' advances and credits 264
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204