UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Do you lose losses on cessation 19 1
- CGT and 2nd property 495 11
- SA800 Returns 50 2
- Depreciation 344 8
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 134 6
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 71 2
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 787 21
- Knuckle down one week to go! 296 7
- state pension statement 132 6
- Bookkeeping question 425 4
- Entertaining - definition? 211 1
- Deferred Tax 128 6
- Late payment payroll 83 1
- New Boiler at Rental Property 386 4
- client can't/won't pay 697 16
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 318 1
- Split year treatment 79 4
- AIA 301 7
- Help - Capital Allowance 325 8
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 327 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 809
- Copy Wanted 516
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 475
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 465
- Latest phishing scam 309
- Entrepreneurs' relief 291
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 261
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 259
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 254
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 160