UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Concurrent users 778 11
- Bank account frozen 173 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 68 1
- Comment Deletion 104 1
- change director details just before striking-off 131 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 203 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 102 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 204 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 231 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 112 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 111 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 882 26
- Writing Website Content 688 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 136 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 192 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 255 2
- Badges of trade 362 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 300 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 157 2
- AIA 360 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 454
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 425
- Electric Car 359
- S222 Charge 286
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 266
- IP trans to holding company 224
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 207
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 197
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 171
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 170