UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Sole Trader Fees 88 1
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 62 1
- Director hired as an individual 17 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 53 1
- Loan interest rental property 177 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 104 4
- Theatre as charitable company 28 1
- Real names 446 17
- Who owns the data 171 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 125 5
- Peer to Peer lending 110 5
- What's the plural? 655 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 91 1
- Well well well 235 2
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 124 4
- Capital Gains Tax 100 3
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 150 1
- Dividend payment date 1,846 32
- Use of aliases 700 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 151 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 429
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 295
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 225
- Sorry ignore me 217