UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Reversing out RTI 44 3
- Capital Gain? 385 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 261 6
- BrightPay 598 18
- Classic cars investment 229 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 188 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 311 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 296 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 258 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 806 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 234 2
- H&W company 197 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 167 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 163 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 271 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 127 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 798 32
- VAT silly question 2,393 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,085 10
- Federation Accounts 364 10
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 430
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 207
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 194
- Income tax on foreign dividends 189
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184