UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 593 5
- See you all on the other side 674 6
- 12Pay 436 2
- dividends 586 2
- R&D 305 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,163 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 432 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 392 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 361 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 536 5
- Seeking a tax case 634 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 493 4
- Companies house strike off 525 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 412 2
- Moving to the cloud 731 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 211 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 886 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 204 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,087 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 484 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 556
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 419
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 369
- IRIS and FRS 102 352
- Capitalising Finance Lease 319
- USA help 314
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 294
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 286
- Marginal rates of tax 274
- Capital gains on rental property 262