UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,318 20
- Should I move back home away from my office? 478 10
- Property income in different capacities 125 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 213 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 73 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 415 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 133 1
- Scanners 184 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 138 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 241 3
- Payment plans for clients 156 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 239 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 281 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 396 2
- P60 or payslips? 121 1
- IHT dilemma 1,391 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 199 1
- IT advisory questions? 195 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 801 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 167 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,167
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 212
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- how to object to registered company name... 143