UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Error on SA Tax Return 96 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,155 46
- dividend 130 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 97 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 246 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 154 3
- Irish Taxation 134 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 300 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 509 6
- Drector renting room to company 86 1
- Off site storage 145 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 593 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 244 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 348 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 231 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 323 4
- Self assesment losses 318 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 171 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 178 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 118 2
- Xtuple 563
- Qtac payroll for bureau 385
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 341
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 207
- Investment 204
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 179
- Tax on damages received 178
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 145