UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- CGT history of shares 175 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 136 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 169 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 333 6
- CGT on sale of let property 111 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 176 2
- how do i get UTR 138 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 85 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 235 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 410 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 128 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 189 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 124 2
- EIS 196 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 128 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 125 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 725 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 204 1
- Moving away from CCH software 967
- QROP pension input amounts 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 395
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 381
- fraud 304
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 279
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 243
- Construction CIS LLP Company 229
- EPS and CIS deductions 222
- Out of time or not? 207