UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- I know ... 1,211 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 678 18
- Tax on principal private residence 214 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 219 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 241 2
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 129 1
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 218 4
- Personal pension contributions 245 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 316 4
- RTI Filing 946 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 253 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 392 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 213 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 129 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 450 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 653 14
- Tax calc and NIC 214 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,834 29
- German wanting to pay UK tax 356 3
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 425 13
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 700
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 469
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 307
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 272
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 243
- growth voucher supplier 217
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 184
- VAT on Gaming Machines 168
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 156
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 155