UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Recharge for private use of a company car 164 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 319 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 117 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,249 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 382 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,450 18
- Vat 239 4
- CT/CIS offset 106 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 154 4
- Trade name 160 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 127 1
- New business - journal entries 305 20
- B2B vat in the EU 102 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,653 45
- VAT on deposits 202 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 124 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 399 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 95 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 775
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 705
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 383
- Social investment tax relief 203
- Digita Hosted Software 197
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 154
- Travel costs and contractors 149
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 142
- Certificates of tax deposit 134