UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- is this fraud? 710 13
- CIS Deductions 240 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,245 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 453 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,431 28
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,259 25
- Dividend dates 433 7
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 180 5
- Not a good start no broadband 454 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 132 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 698 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 196 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 69 1
- Intrastat triangulation 63 1
- CGT 147 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 186 4
- Question regarding gym training 376 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 169 3
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 166 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 586
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 234
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 174
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 173
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150