UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Payroll got out of synch 250 8
- HMRC Debt collectors 223 4
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 150 5
- Share issue and transfer 30 1
- Accounts Package 510 13
- What do do about VAT? 101 2
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 175 5
- Old payroll 193 4
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 149 4
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,274 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 985 22
- Not a question but made my day 1,022 21
- VAT Caravan Residential Letting Income 106 1
- Exempt supplies and VAT registration 193 6
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 514 6
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,973 27
- Client right to working papers 1,059 6
- Annual Tax Summary 115 1
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 388 2
- VAT on property 213 2
- NHS finance professionals 586
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 325
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 318
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 261
- Thinning income 253
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 218
- IFA income recognition & reporting 194