UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Where has Portia gone? 1,294 58
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,635 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 499 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 267 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 71 4
- VAT on commercial property 81 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,977 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 221 4
- deceased creditor 139 5
- Corporate member of LLP 267 1
- Investment company 259 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 324 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 199 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 361 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 93 1
- Transfer of stock 358 12
- Holiday entitlement 545 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 341 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 192 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 250 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 527
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 302
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235
- Report old income 235