UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 163 5
- VAT on part of a closed pub 175 10
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 244 6
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 73 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 165 3
- Dispensation pointless ? 296 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 191 6
- SME Direct Debit 670 11
- Accountant software 440 13
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,031 23
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 187 3
- Accounting jobs in the UK 162 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 235 1
- CIS gross status review 115 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 132 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 374 6
- Flat rate vat error 250 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 106 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 378 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 657 17
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 760
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 485
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 301
- How to format a stock book 266
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 214
- Tax efficient holding company structure 206
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 199
- Investment property company accounts template 192
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 174
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 165