UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 24 2
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 858 27
- Cocaine anyone? 288 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 68 3
- How much of your work is admin? 1,154 10
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,485 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 292 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 485 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 263 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 344 11
- Tax return software for remote working 491 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 580 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 467 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 456 9
- How to purchase business premises? 189 2
- Will I need to resign? 855 10
- Childcare vouchers 204 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 283 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 303 6
- VAT avoidance? 251 4
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 252
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 188
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183