UK standard relating to foreign income
Hi there im wondering if someone can help.
I have been given an assignment from work to do some background research and will be preparing accounts for a client.
The client is a small UK Ltd compny which is a corporate partner in a US business (partnership). The UK company receives profits from the US business on a varied basis....The UK company also has 15% shares, 25% shares and 53% shares in different US companies and receives/will be receiving dividends from the US companies.
How is this income accounted for in the Ltd company’s accounts in the UK?
In particular under what FRS standard?
Would the income/dividends be classed as turnover or other income?
Are there any links/articles anyone knows of?
Note – the UK company does not receive any other income in the UK or anywhere else, and has virtually no expenses. Essentially, it was set up just to receive income from US businesses.
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,265 370
- 100% Xero practice 2,267 42
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,224 22
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 87 1
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 249 6
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 157 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 103 1
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 109 3
- Scottish but not UK 304 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 279 10
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 97 1
- What is the role of an accountant? 445 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 262 1
- P11D Query 148 4
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 81 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,326 25
- Company Accounts 439 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 93 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 292 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 197 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 429
- National Insurance 329
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 321
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 241
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152