Umbrella Remuneration Trust
Self-employed higher rate professional who cannot incorporate under the terms of his contract has heard of an umbrella remuneration trust "to save tax" (his words)
In 2011/12 40% tax band was £23500 chargeable.
Are these suitable for self-employed taxpayers? Particularly those who need this income level to maintain lifestyle?
Has anyone in Practice had any experience of success with any of the various organisations offering these schemes, and are they still considered safe as HMRC tries to attack more and more schemes?
In other words- if it sounds too good to be true........
- AAT before CIMA? 28 1
- trading losses allowable? 692 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 392 9
- Community Faux Pas 703 24
- Tax Fines - HMRC 700 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 45 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 828 34
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 244 9
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 127 6
- Here we go.... 769 25
- Capital Gains 314 6
- Probate services 283 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 132 1
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 275 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 637 21
- Group relief for CT 122 2
- Practical experience 767 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,250 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,511 32
- Which VAT rate to use 143 1