Unit trust - interest re-invested, not 'received'?
A client holds a number of shares in a unit trust which distributes interest rather than dividends.
Rather than being 'paid' the interest, however, the distribution is re-invested into the fund to increase the unit value.
Does the distribution count as 'interest received' for the purposes of their tax return? TRG7 is not helping me!
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 81 1
- Special dividends & CGT 176 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 117 1
- Networking 324 5
- Turnover on a tax return 467 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,209 33
- VAT refund 267 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 260 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 290 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 124 1
- incorrect old p60 512 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 325 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 256 2
- IT Contractor 276 1
- Sage instant account codes 185 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 281 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 327 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,968 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 341 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 320 1