Unrelieved terminal loss
I have a client who had 2 business, sole trade, newsagents and a Ltd Co. He closed the newsagents in Dec 10 and I've just completed the final period [10 mths] and it shows a taxable loss inc redundancy payments.
Reading thru my tax manual, HMRC etc I understand I can carry back the loss 3 yrs but this leaves part of the loss unrelieved. I have had it suggested that the unrelieved part can be offset against his other income in the same tax yr, i.e. Ltd Co salary and divis.
Is this correct as I can find no reference to this option?
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 799 12
- Personal Tax 168 2
- Mortgage Reference 148 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,856 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 142 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,175 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 202 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 162 1
- last minute request 268 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 445 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 114 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 264 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6