US Form W-8BEN | AccountingWEB

US Form W-8BEN

 I am the company accountant for UK based company.  We are about to enter a contract for work with a US corporation.  The work is to be undertaken in the UK, and invoiced in sterling.  The US corp have asked us to complete for W-8BEN to avoid withholding tax.  Is this required given all work will be undertaken in the UK?

Many thanks in adavnce.

There are 7 comments. Login or register to view them.


thisistibi |
thisistibi's picture

Many thanks for this, it didn

Jill777 |

I agree with thisistibi - However...

frustratedwithhmrc |
frustratedwithhmrc's picture

May need to complete

gbuckell |
gbuckell's picture

So confused

Klandrews |


thisistibi |
thisistibi's picture

W-8BEN form travel expense

parvez_d |