US stock options
When this issue first arose I thought i knew the answer but after speaking to HMRC i'm now more confused than before!
My client works for the UK subsidiary of a US company. As part of his package, he receives US stock options exercisable at certain time for an agreed price. In 20011/12 he exercised some of his USstock options and immediately sold the shares on the US stock market for a gain.
His employer has confirmed that no tax (either UK or US) was withheld on the cash proceeds he received.
I now need to put he details on his 2011/12 tax return.
i was expecting that PAYE should have been operated by his UK employer and NICs should have been payable. I rang HMRC but they tell me NICs aren't payable and i should put the details on the foreign income pages not the Additional Info where i was expecting to report it.
Could anyone confirm the position for me?
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 373 7
- Late registration for MOSS 229 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 345 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 257 5
- Self employed care worker 460 10
- Client right to working papers 270 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 526 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 315 4
- Professional Clearance 1,030 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 257 5
- Illegal share transfer 438 5
- Audacity 877 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 160 2
- Company Strike off 1,824 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,111 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 383 3
- Estate admin practicalities 218 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,495 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 321 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,781 31
- NHS finance professionals 530
- VAL231 407
- Mother and son property ownership 369
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 358
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 304
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 284
- vat gross profit percentage margins 268
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- EBT Self Assessment Return 221