US stock options
When this issue first arose I thought i knew the answer but after speaking to HMRC i'm now more confused than before!
My client works for the UK subsidiary of a US company. As part of his package, he receives US stock options exercisable at certain time for an agreed price. In 20011/12 he exercised some of his USstock options and immediately sold the shares on the US stock market for a gain.
His employer has confirmed that no tax (either UK or US) was withheld on the cash proceeds he received.
I now need to put he details on his 2011/12 tax return.
i was expecting that PAYE should have been operated by his UK employer and NICs should have been payable. I rang HMRC but they tell me NICs aren't payable and i should put the details on the foreign income pages not the Additional Info where i was expecting to report it.
Could anyone confirm the position for me?
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 114 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 111 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 510 13
- Income from rent charged to business 115 2
- payroll software 361 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 434 5
- Statutory sick pay 301 4
- Dividend in specie 363 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 217 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 293 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 163 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 377 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,854 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 330 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 254 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 105 1
- Skandia using wrong address 568
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 246
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 226
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 151
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130