US stock options
When this issue first arose I thought i knew the answer but after speaking to HMRC i'm now more confused than before!
My client works for the UK subsidiary of a US company. As part of his package, he receives US stock options exercisable at certain time for an agreed price. In 20011/12 he exercised some of his USstock options and immediately sold the shares on the US stock market for a gain.
His employer has confirmed that no tax (either UK or US) was withheld on the cash proceeds he received.
I now need to put he details on his 2011/12 tax return.
i was expecting that PAYE should have been operated by his UK employer and NICs should have been payable. I rang HMRC but they tell me NICs aren't payable and i should put the details on the foreign income pages not the Additional Info where i was expecting to report it.
Could anyone confirm the position for me?
- VAT invoice 79 3
- Anyone done ATT? 124 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 60 1
- claim fees with out without VAT? 105 2
- Vat on motor repairs 108 3
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,474 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,542 53
- saturday staff 288 3
- indexation factors 41 1
- Free accounts system for small business? 175 5
- Property Revaluation - Postings 55 1
- Received a CIS invoice 165 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 164 4
- Electronic v printed payslips 234 4
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 1,002 13
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 384 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 834 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 244 3
- Fee protection 1,022 20
- PPR Sanity Check 123 1
- Xtuple 574
- Qtac payroll for bureau 400
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 350
- Domain name sale and limited company 246
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 234
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 221
- Tax on damages received 195
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 191
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 159
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 156