US stock options
When this issue first arose I thought i knew the answer but after speaking to HMRC i'm now more confused than before!
My client works for the UK subsidiary of a US company. As part of his package, he receives US stock options exercisable at certain time for an agreed price. In 20011/12 he exercised some of his USstock options and immediately sold the shares on the US stock market for a gain.
His employer has confirmed that no tax (either UK or US) was withheld on the cash proceeds he received.
I now need to put he details on his 2011/12 tax return.
i was expecting that PAYE should have been operated by his UK employer and NICs should have been payable. I rang HMRC but they tell me NICs aren't payable and i should put the details on the foreign income pages not the Additional Info where i was expecting to report it.
Could anyone confirm the position for me?
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 331 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 86 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 326 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 153 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 212 4
- Rental property company 109 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 306 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 262 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 384 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 158 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 197 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 493 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 184 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,139 34
- Flat rate vat 242 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 393 3
- Splitting the tax year 194 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 293
- Director Loan account operation 272
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 261
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 259
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 238
- Paye procedures for CVA 179