use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- Do I need a smartphone? 30 1
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 70 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 325 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 192 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,170 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,847 60
- Legal title not in the company name 804 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 359 4
- Opening Balances 214 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 596 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 135 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 106 1
- This is getting boring 629 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 272 7
- pension paid by company? 131 3
- inheritance tax 434 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 356 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 233 4
- State pension 306 3
- Accountancy Career 152 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 340
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 282
- How not to compose an email 274
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224