use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- Not renewing AAT 569 7
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,652 50
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 421 9
- New dividend taxation 257 1
- Company formation and bank account 333 9
- Next Move 606 18
- Owning overseas property 284 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 273 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 196 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 672 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 597 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 226 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 403 8
- OneNote is fantastic 541 11
- VAT Direct Debit 377 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 462 8
- Self Assessment Software 694 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 448 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,367 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 301 11
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 662
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 389
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 343
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 296
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 235
- DTA tie-breaker issue 203
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 202