use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 325 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 389 13
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 44 1
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 181 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 263 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 177 1
- tax insider 288 4
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 416 13
- Auto-Enrolment 195 3
- Annual subs 160 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 147 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 177 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 155 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 216 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 331 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 491 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 318 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 602 25
- Advice please on best way forward 439 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 346 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 721
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 409
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 367
- Sale of business 313
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 219
- Advertising services? 217