use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 103 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 265 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 923 20
- Moneysoft Payroll 184 3
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 249 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 934 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 474 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 168 4
- Client right to working papers 1,544 11
- vat gross margins 190 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 211 4
- e mail 202 1
- Auto enrolment 581 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,356 6
- VAT on new build property 161 2
- Auto enrolment 301 9
- SAGE 50 2011 161 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,635 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,880 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 219 2
- NHS finance professionals 671
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 412
- Foreign Pension Contribution 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 368
- vat gross profit percentage margins 365
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 352
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 312
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 280
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 242
- IFA income recognition & reporting 214