use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 464 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 840 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,335 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,979 39
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,602 23
- VAT & capitalising 122 3
- Final year's accounts 148 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 269 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 295 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 310 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 243 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 137 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,978 36
- Invoice Help 249 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 182 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 252 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 240 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 593 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 297
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 194
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 169
- What's the market like for temps? 167