use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 331 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 84 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 326 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 153 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 212 4
- Rental property company 109 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 306 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 262 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 384 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 158 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 197 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 493 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 184 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,139 34
- Flat rate vat 242 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 393 3
- Splitting the tax year 194 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 438
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 293
- Director Loan account operation 272
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 261
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 259
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 236
- Paye procedures for CVA 179