use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- Joint Filing Help 149 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 219 8
- audit for 50% associate? 83 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 88 5
- Write off of former director's loan 785 12
- HMRC Appeals 103 1
- RTI 327 11
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 531 10
- Am i Liable? 699 18
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 393 8
- What is wrong with HMRC? 217 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,126 61
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,494 33
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 227 8
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 84 2
- Compensation payment and child benefit 90 2
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 265 2
- Accommodation allowance - emergency workers 89 1
- HMRC - Generic Notification Notice 128 1
- RTI Easement Until 2016 141 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,273
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 624
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 414
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 323
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 238
- Alphabet shares 209
- Agent fees to sell business 201
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 199
- Office recharges 159
- Tax position on lease extension 154