use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,534 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,279 19
- HMRC Scam 236 2
- Departments in Sage 50 81 1
- Where has Portia gone? 675 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 209 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,815 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 255 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 100 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 70 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 446 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 124 2
- AIA - new period 218 1
- Self assessment question 1,156 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 372 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 264 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 854 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 441 8
- Ex Wives Club 544 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 772
- RTI - duplicate employee record 505
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 275
- How do you do it 263
- Report old income 226
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226