use of home as studio for pilates
My client has rented a 6 room house and has bought a reformer machine to use with clients at home.
The machine was purchased in Nov 2011. The business started Nov 11. The lease on the property started in Nov 11 and she claims that the 6th room is used soley for the business. However, the lease prohibits any business use of the property.
During this time she has only had a few clients to her house to use the equipment. The group classes she runs are held at a hired venue.
What should she claim for? The machine cost £8,000 and I have claimed AIA on this, with no personal use.
I was originally going to claim for 1/6 th of the rent etc but am wary now because of the clause in the lease prohibiting business use. The income generated to date is minimal.
HELP! Any guidance/thoughts would be great.
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 404 5
- Statutory sick pay 272 4
- Dividend in specie 348 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 194 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 157 3
- Cash basis 466 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 132 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 262 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 287 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 151 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 333 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,844 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 321 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 231 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 93 1
- Investor exit 189 3
- Partially exempt? 370 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 158 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 411 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,297 22
- Skandia using wrong address 561
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 302
- Employee rewards 285
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 241
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 223
- Etax Australian 182
- LLP in Construction Industry 147
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 129
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 127