Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- Tax position re this lease? 322 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 284 5
- AWeb - download file 63 2
- pension paid by company? 293 8
- Incorporated when they should not have 122 5
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 710 17
- Late annual return 80 1
- Charity work 190 10
- Company Director In Prison 337 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 204 12
- HMRC Agents Line 84 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 165 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 48 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,670 60
- inheritance tax 556 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 154 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 56 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 612 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 151 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 774 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 671
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 494
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 360
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 321
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 213
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 196