Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- Anybody still doing returns? 637 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 53 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 144 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 35 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 115 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 698 15
- Anyone know what this is? 180 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 870 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 470 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 250 9
- no utr 264 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 281 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 79 1
- Capital Loss 113 3
- LLP formed in 2013 95 1
- Clothing 482 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 178 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 665
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194