Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- Commission on holiday accrual 46 1
- error on companies house accounts 91 4
- Newly Started Practice 160 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 152 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 181 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 66 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 86 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 341 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 221 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 164 2
- Generic Notification Notices 118 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 443 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 432 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 83 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 242 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 143 1
- fraud 415 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 239 3
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 414
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 265
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 212
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165