Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 65 1
- Taxfiler V's BTC 715 28
- Goods Purchased for Rental 553 30
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 54 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,667 25
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 138 6
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 291 7
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 54 1
- Sage reporting 71 3
- BTC Software 207 8
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 219 7
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 34 1
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 208 7
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 131 2
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 188 8
- Directors loan accounts 187 5
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 195 4
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,177 18
- New Practice 348 18
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 98 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,011
- International interest certificate 591
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 518
- NOVA 474
- Bonus Bonds 358
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 338
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 258
- Payment for Promotional Samples 232
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 225
- Quickbooks 2015 154