Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- Just for fun. 695 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 97 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 62 1
- How to pay national insurance 499 16
- Spam blocking 117 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 200 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 200 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 110 1
- Small pool write off 208 4
- Bonus in june 233 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 174 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 103 2
- HMRC Email 315 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,919 21
- Employment status 211 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 175 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 988 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 363 4
- Overlap relief 642 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 166 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 481
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 376
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 369
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 342
- Perkbox 308
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 300
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 267
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229