Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 48 2
- Voluntary Disclosure 354 8
- Gift to son by parents 60 1
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,043 32
- valuation of vehicles 479 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 267 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 129 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 375 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 448 4
- BTC is slow 292 3
- Director registration for SA question 517 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 443 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 513 22
- Business only use of company car 725 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 524 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 353 4
- New Company reviews please 581 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 345 4
- VAT with Russia 272 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 312
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 255
- Any thoughts on Capium? 251
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 226
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 167
- How to account for investment in JV? 164
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 152