Using limited company funds to buy property?
I was hoping for some advice on investing funds from a limited company...
The main business of the company is IT consultancy, the business has built up funds over the years which the director wants to leave in the company as any further dividends he takes will exceed his £40k threshold & therefore be taxable at 25%. Essentially the director wants the company funds to work better than sitting in a 1.5% interest account.
So is it advisable in this situation for the director to invest the funds in buy to let property (no mortgage required). Understand that Tax will be payable on rental income and also CGT if the property is sold, a secondary hit will be taken when the director eventually withdraws company funds or closes the company down. Are there any other pitfalls with this option to make it not advisable?
Thanks in advance!
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 179 4
- SA302 302 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 272 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 281 13
- Bringing money to Uk 261 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 270 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 196 4
- Go Cardless 342 9
- Hmrc software 234 3
- Mehjoo 277 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 131 1
- Hosted email exchange 179 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 305 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 312 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 247 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 152 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 293 7
- New Email Extensions 213 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 327 2
- Xtuple 513
- Qtac payroll for bureau 352
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 296
- Industrial & Provident Societies 288
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 189
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 187
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 171
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 148