Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- MS Surface Pro 3 214 5
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 159 3
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 85 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,025 28
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 298 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 671 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 577 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 670 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,264 45
- practice planning 210 3
- Accounts Software 744 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 510 14
- Dividend Vouchers 396 5
- Gift to employee 433 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 186 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,141 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 206 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 174 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,696 10
- Which address 1,109 12
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 499
- CTA study material 474
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 347
- Pre incorp expenses 334
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 281
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 273
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 220
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 175
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 149
- Employment related securities question 135