Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Fair Value Accounting 41 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 61 4
- can I approach clients ? 302 8
- Companies House Penalties 31 2
- Apostille documents 75 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 514 13
- Goodie bag 1,389 50
- AE - employees making different contributions 53 1
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 86 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 315 14
- Classic cars investment 548 15
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 226 2
- Why .... 801 9
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 519 5
- BrightPay 898 26
- Quickbooks Online 199 4
- Husband Wife let property 317 8
- Student Loan deduction 75 1
- Film Actors - Averaging? 295 8
- Charities and VAT? 144 6
- Possible Partnership? 632
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 512
- New Fangled Penalties 439
- Fuming! 359
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 315
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 252
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 232
- Outsource Data Entry 229
- Moving away from CCH software 221
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 172