Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 186 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 136 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 124 2
- You know its over 246 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 171 3
- Cocaine anyone? 465 8
- Late Registration for VAT 473 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 261 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 401 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 401 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 676 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 537 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 566 4
- Personal pension 394 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 216 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,204 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 904 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 144 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,516 22
- Hive up 484
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 449
- corporate hierarchy 430
- Advice - 267
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 220
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 202
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 191
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 170