Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Glass-half-full member of the year? 305 13
- Boffin of the Year 491 16
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 683 3
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 74 3
- Vat on digital download of music 23 1
- equipment rental 135 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,249 64
- Help needed.... 95 2
- Claiming salary pre incorporation 57 1
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 414 7
- Freight Forwarders - VAT 119 4
- Non sequitur 367 4
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 346 6
- HMRC website error 179 1
- Fixed asset registers 173 7
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 179 3
- Entrepeneurs Relief 96 1
- Opening balance and suspense account on sage line 50 41 1
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 303 10
- What is wrong with HMRC? 352 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,328
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 428
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 345
- Alphabet shares 227
- Agent fees to sell business 223
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 214
- Office recharges 175
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 160
- Charge out rates in London 151
- which entity 144