Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Casual Driver 460 7
- Questions from Liquidator 2,312 25
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 230 3
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 1,514 13
- Cloud-based email services? 81 2
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 480 11
- Not renewing AAT 1,182 12
- Dormant co. now trading 127 4
- CisVerification as an agent 225 3
- Is the CT61 return dead? 483 7
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 471 5
- Viewing folder contens en masse 440 11
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 276 4
- Property letting & CAs 474 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,447 19
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 562 7
- Transmission of ISA 276 4
- Opt To Tax Refund 91 1
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 302 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 381 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 717
- 2015 tax year end 451
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 423
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 364
- Costly Accounting Software contract 331
- Directors' advances and credits 270
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 240
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 205