Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 508 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 218 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,859 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 117 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 608 12
- Freelance/Employee 404 10
- Freehold management company 153 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 249 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 217 6
- System selection 238 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 134 1
- Director Liability 136 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 176 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 389 4
- exemptions from CIS 268 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 660 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 287 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 267 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,718 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 339
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 268
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 231
- S222 Charge 231
- Company Structure 209
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 170