Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Sorry ignore me 451 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 111 2
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 531 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 440 4
- Invoice Help 29 1
- Not ANOTHER bogus HMRC email? 189 3
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 158 4
- Interest on loans between companies 113 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,056 20
- One off meeting new client 354 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 975 15
- Corporate shareholder question 74 2
- Furniture Rental Business 232 7
- Deaf clients 212 4
- C79 Discrepancy 223 2
- Basic PAYE Tools update .... lost all my previous FPSs 150 4
- VAT questions 248 2
- Bartercard 240 2
- first year company tax return for a limited company 520 25
- Is this a scam? 219 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 611
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 515
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 373
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 288
- Cancelled 270
- Cancelled 233
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 175
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 168
- Probiz 152
- What's the market like for temps? 150