Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 120 4
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 197 2
- Stumped - IHT 353 6
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 392 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 526 12
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 509 9
- Transferring DLA between Directors 297 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 125 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 110 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 818 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,387 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 123 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 261 4
- True Potential AE 277 2
- Closing down loss-making company 517 6
- CGT and primary residence 231 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 334 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,250 14
- VAT disaggregation 297 4
- Giving shares away 464 8