Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 757 5
- See you all on the other side 770 6
- 12Pay 545 2
- dividends 757 2
- R&D 367 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,232 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 481 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 483 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 438 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 583 5
- Seeking a tax case 693 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 556 4
- Companies house strike off 668 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 495 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 952 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 235 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,124 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 580
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 433
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 369
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 356
- Marginal rates of tax 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 348
- Class 2 NI 337
- USA help 329
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 314