Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 375 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 177 6
- Should I move back home away from my office? 419 9
- P60 or payslips? 49 1
- Property income in different capacities 79 1
- Scanners 126 2
- IHT dilemma 1,364 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 175 1
- IT advisory questions? 151 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 786 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 107 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 508 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 457 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 620 12
- More AE! 646 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 132 4
- PAYE 1,640 17
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,121 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 122 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 121 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,151
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 265
- Director phone costs 225
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 224
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 198
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 182
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147