Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Cash injection by shareholder 238 6
- capital gains on PPR 116 6
- 40% rule for travel expenses 316 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,609 431
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,225 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 317 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 257 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 404 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,388 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 343 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 284 8
- PRR 322 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 220 3
- corp tax software 383 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 456 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 484 7
- Which tax box 208 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 178 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 296 3
- References for clients 261 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,305
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 469
- National Insurance 363
- Non Resident 287
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 175
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 154
- CIS paid under reg 9 146