Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,411 39
- New business - journal entries 35 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 224 6
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 136 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 263 16
- Lettings expenses 26 1
- IFA incorporation problems 158 3
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 44 2
- Director's loan account in credit 176 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 660 23
- Excel Help - Check box and hiding cells 299 3
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,365 17
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 310 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 151 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 153 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 216 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,272 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 146 2
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 406 7
- Wear and tear allowance 474 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 712
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 695
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 372
- Social investment tax relief 190
- Call Centre Data Costs 182
- Digita Hosted Software 181
- option to tax 166
- VAT on deposits 155
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 141
- Travel costs and contractors 136