Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 333 23
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,157 36
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 120 4
- Faxpay in the 21st century 74 4
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 590 38
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 265 7
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 487 9
- Accounting for investment club gains 62 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 686 7
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 166 5
- Is it just me 300 7
- LLP classification of division of profit 186 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 497 9
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 132 5
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 99 1
- Excessive Security 781 32
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 507 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 125 2
- Fee protection 334 10
- Go Cardless 133 3
- Xtuple 485
- Qtac payroll for bureau 326
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 266
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 210
- Mehjoo 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 146
- South African Government Pension 144
- CIS schemes 139