Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Profit split /Rent 109 3
- Is it possible and what should be done? 210 3
- Unhappy client over fees 1,479 35
- Capital Gains Tax and Enhancement 86 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 227 3
- Accounting software for investment holding company 198 2
- Disposal of freehold from Ltd Co to another Ltd in a newly formed group 97 1
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 254 5
- Multi user accounting software 150 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 124 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 232 2
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 209 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 420 11
- do i need an online accounting software 564 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 126 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 698 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 261 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,041 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 213 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 334 4
- NHS finance professionals 794
- Foreign Pension Contribution 479
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 474
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 408
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 376
- IFA income recognition & reporting 282
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 266
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 257
- FRM claim for travel to training course 214
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 213