Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,053 26
- Charity work 110 6
- Managing Employee Expenses 103 5
- Company Director In Prison 184 5
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 255 3
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 722 22
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 642 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 334 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 100 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,529 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,534 55
- VAT registration? 135 1
- ec sales lists 148 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 135 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 146 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 98 4
- Small company audit 745 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 194 2
- Estate agents - shared commission 125 3
- VAT point on Consignment stock 69 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 470
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 356
- Probiz 327
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 309
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 182