Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Anybody still doing returns? 642 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 60 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 145 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 39 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 119 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 699 15
- Anyone know what this is? 189 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 875 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 474 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 251 9
- no utr 268 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 283 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 82 1
- Capital Loss 115 3
- LLP formed in 2013 96 1
- Clothing 487 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 182 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 667
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194