Hi to All
the scenario is as follows:
- An IOM-registered company ( the "owner") owns a yacht which has been imported into the EU and holds a VAT-paid certificate and is, for EU VAT purposes, deemed to be an end-user customer for supplies and services subject to VAT made within the EU.
- The yacht spends most of the Summer in EU waters, some of it in Croatian/North African waters and overwinters in the Caribbean.
- Owners source various technical supplies and fittings for the yacht from EU suppliers (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered outside the EU to the company fitting (say in Croatia).
My initial question is whether VAT should be charged on such supplies (assume they would be charged to VAT if delivered within EU) delivered outside the EU to owner.
Would VAT be chargeable if the supply were made to a non-EU company outside the EU (which would then on-supply the goods to owner locally)?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 473 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 94 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,102 7
- Bereavment payment 77 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 271 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 342 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,292 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 145 2
- Companies House incorporation service 347 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 74 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 147 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 191 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 202 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 261 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 142 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 151 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 129 2
- Trading income or not? 195 1
- Charge HMRC 422 3
- Xtuple 548
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 291
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178