VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,863 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 238 2
- Xerocon 2016 802 12
- Personal Tax 179 2
- Mortgage Reference 162 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 148 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,176 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 432 9
- VAT 306 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 212 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 174 1
- last minute request 281 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 500 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 83 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 454 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 120 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 272 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 668 6