VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Changing shareholding ratio 62 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 99 1
- SA1 forms 335 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 117 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 74 1
- ICPA 417 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 678 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 138 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 519 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 163 3
- Delayed option to tax 173 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 217 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 833 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 338 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 417 7
- Redundancy Pay 332 4
- question about merging two companies... 199 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 441 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 236 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 525 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 819
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 645
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211