VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Director leaving in month 1 244 5
- Secondment expenses 191 6
- Basic RTI - how to re-enter lost data? 82 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 326 7
- Strategic Report 75 1
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 169 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 137 3
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 195 6
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,384 22
- VAT Option to tax 506 18
- Clarify the tax position 85 1
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 137 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 247 6
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 336 4
- CIS and Close Company 157 5
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 221 4
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 86 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 372 8
- Giving advice to friends / family 173 2
- Ex Gratia payments 135 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 918
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 417
- Director Loan account operation 410
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 357
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 324
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 225
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 199
- Pension Fixed Protection 164