VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Sage 2010 data corruption 83 4
- Sage at it again? 334 5
- BrightPay 497 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 158 5
- Is this a scam? 1,556 27
- Classic cars investment 119 2
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 677 19
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 133 5
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 390 6
- S455 451 21
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 462 12
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 158 3
- client issues 310 4
- Cater Allen Commission 83 2
- Capital Gain? 354 9
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 174 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 65 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 192 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 190 5
- RTI - new employee 126 2
- Benchmarking 464
- Possible Partnership? 414
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 401
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 384
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 329
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 192
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 171
- Clubs and Taxable Income 168
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 162