VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- About your hairdresser clients 570 22
- dividends from a UK company when working overseas 84 1
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 178 4
- CIS reclaim for company without a payroll 105 1
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 145 3
- Keytime 362 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 783 11
- VAT within EC 183 4
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 783 14
- VAT on entertaining - Gross amount on VAT return 99 1
- How does one compete? 713 9
- Great Service 1,272 17
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,632 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 141 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 185 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 150 3
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 139 4
- Employee tears suit... 296 3
- PAYE & NIC 779 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 114 1
- Sanzar 534
- Digital marketing focus group 417
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 389
- Sainsbury's mangement 382
- Continuity Agreement 357
- Avanti Accounts 356
- Buyback 309
- Aggresive sales from Iris 259
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 258
- Charity volunteers and mileage 218