VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Audit 40 1
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 594 19
- carry back of gift aid 163 3
- Do I need to pay my accountant 743 9
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 286 8
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 432 13
- Awkward IP 1,100 12
- What's in a name ? 898 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 806 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 119 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 544 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 216 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,075 11
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 357 6
- Potentially dodgy client 366 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 552 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 451 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 397 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 532 23
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 207 6
- CTA study material 781
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 420
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 267
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 264
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 199
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 150