VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- What would you do in this situation? 460 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 113 3
- Help Required 258 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 211 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 375 14
- What's in a name ? 205 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 131 3
- ATED Penalties 251 1
- late second payment on account 143 2
- US royalties 64 2
- Project being run jointly 115 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 167 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 145 3
- Sole trader mix up 280 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 726 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 883 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 205 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 497 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 155 5
- CTA study material 695
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 177
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 136
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 113