VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- CGT history of shares 173 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 131 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 162 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 329 6
- CGT on sale of let property 105 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 171 2
- how do i get UTR 132 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 82 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 232 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 403 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 122 1
- Your comments please 311 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 187 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 118 2
- EIS 195 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 122 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 113 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 122 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 723 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 201 1
- Moving away from CCH software 965
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 379
- fraud 302
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 275
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 227
- EPS and CIS deductions 220
- Out of time or not? 206