VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 846 23
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 236 6
- SA302 185 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 104 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,060 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 256 2
- Dental practice incorpration 118 1
- Audit rules 154 4
- Go Cardless 267 8
- business entertaining deductibility 133 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 151 2
- R & D 105 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 83 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 111 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 168 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 159 1
- New Business Registration 219 5
- Hosted email exchange 137 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 153 1
- G P life time allowance 125 3
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 281
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 151