VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Merry Christmas 329 3
- HMRC DISALLOWING MY LOAN INTEREST 158 6
- Dividends with four shareholders (lopsided equity)? 59 1
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 175 2
- VAT on online services 192 1
- Trade and asset transfers – fair value adjustments 253 1
- Cocaine anyone? 450 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,639 46
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 376 7
- Does director/largest shareholder's unpaid share capital need to go on a CT600A? 421 8
- Cash basis VAT return 259 4
- CORPORATION TAX ONLINE - BOX 131 324 8
- Tax return for 05/04/13 shows income for year to 31/01/14 388 3
- Wind Farm exclusivity agreement 151 1
- CT Unified Penalties 145 1
- Benefit in Kind 597 12
- Using home as clients registered address 533 7
- Restriction on loss relief from 2013-14 256 1
- Technical reference 325 3
- Director issuing and buying shares in private Co 315 6
- The booking.com con 384
- WWOOFers 360
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 354
- Ho Ho Ho 284
- logical office 234
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 214
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 210
- Indicator/ FLMemo tax essentials for advisors 158
- Company Car Tax and Private Use Contributions 156
- Partners owning Partnership trading premises 155