VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 46 1
- CGT 419 18
- Vat registration exception 40 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 392 9
- Charity Grant accounting 78 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 378 10
- Property income in different capacities 195 4
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 137 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief 835 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 218 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 389 8
- how to object to registered company name... 195 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 483 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 395 5
- VAT QUESTION 312 3
- More AE! 691 15
- Money Soft payroll 555 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 218 2
- Change of payroll software 426 10
- Director phone costs 290 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,191
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 802
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 290
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 169
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 146
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 132
- TheTax Donut 131