VAT and services performed in Italy
OK, so I don't get involved in VAT much (thank goodness), and what is probably a very simple concept for others has completely got me flummoxed.
Scenario is a UK company sends its employee (one man band company) to work in Italy to supply her services to an Italian based company, The services provided are consultancy services to the retail industry. All services are perfomed in Italy.
Quite simply, are these services VAT-able or not? What are the invoicing procedures (i.e. what goes on the invoice?), and do the related re-charged expenses need to charge VAT? As far as expenses incurred which have UK VAT, then is the VAT reclaimable?
Getting myself tied up in knots with the "place of supply" rules (are they different within or outside the UK?) and the B2B and B2C rules.
Am so, so glad I don't get involved with VAT on a day to day basis. How much more complicated can they make it?!?!?!
- Tax - Paying Yearly 155 8
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 120 1
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 162 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 176 1
- charities 206 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 222 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 424 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 273 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 97 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 173 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 213 2
- converting garage to use as office 280 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 647 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 124 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 328 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,182 11
- Strike off 434 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 144 2
- auto enrolment 284 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 331 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 376
- Any thoughts on Capium? 331
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 293
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 228
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 164
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- APN's 157