What a load of rubbish!
I earlier made a call to HMRC online services. They couldn't deal with my query and have called me back. Basically, I have submitted 64-8s for a number of clients covering (in most cases) CT, PAYE and VAT.
My agent area is showing authority to act re CT and PAYE.. However, VAT seems to be a sticking point.
I tried to explain this to the nice monkey at HMRC who informed me that Forms 64-8 would never (and never have) "link" a taxpayer's VAT record to an Agent's Online area... (Since when!? and despite the other taxes doing exactly that!?). Despite my protest that I had done exactly that in the past, I was told the only way to do this was to request codes through the post (which will no doubt get lost or arrive otuside of the expiry date!)
Anyone else had trouble with paper 64-8s and VAT?
- Cashflow forecasting software 280 4
- incorrect old p60 409 10
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,909 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 257 4
- Turnover on a tax return 213 7
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 235 3
- VAT refund 149 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 229 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 262 3
- Missing tax return 380 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,111 30
- Inflation and fees 1,400 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 837 24
- Micro-entity accounts 281 1
- Related party disclosure 230 3
- Company reconstruction 163 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 169 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 193 1