What a load of rubbish!
I earlier made a call to HMRC online services. They couldn't deal with my query and have called me back. Basically, I have submitted 64-8s for a number of clients covering (in most cases) CT, PAYE and VAT.
My agent area is showing authority to act re CT and PAYE.. However, VAT seems to be a sticking point.
I tried to explain this to the nice monkey at HMRC who informed me that Forms 64-8 would never (and never have) "link" a taxpayer's VAT record to an Agent's Online area... (Since when!? and despite the other taxes doing exactly that!?). Despite my protest that I had done exactly that in the past, I was told the only way to do this was to request codes through the post (which will no doubt get lost or arrive otuside of the expiry date!)
Anyone else had trouble with paper 64-8s and VAT?
- Website Content 375 4
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 138 2
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 269 9
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 653 12
- Incorporated company charity 107 2
- property capital gains 310 3
- Closing down loss-making company 611 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 355 5
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 431 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,107 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 402 2
- Tips on meals 401 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 243 2
- Stumped - IHT 453 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 576 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 377 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 152 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 864 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,437 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 167 3