Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 217 7
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 281 10
- Should I continue with the ACA? 239 6
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 80 1
- Intangble Assets 78 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 192 4
- Benefit fraud 3,258 45
- Companies House 641 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 266 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 296 11
- How much did you pay for your website 985 20
- RTI Penalties 146 1
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 342 10
- How to delete of a password protected company? 100 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 186 5
- FRS percentage 113 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 95 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 255 5
- Gross Profit Percentage 563 11
- Companies House 475 8
- CTA study material 630
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 384
- Employment related securities question 235
- ATED Penalties 206
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 205
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 151
- Expat pension contributions? 141
- Trust for Employee 135
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 126