Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Accountex flash mob 168 6
- Employment Allowance 28 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 214 7
- Capital introduction 122 2
- Property sale split between years 220 8
- Group structure - transfer of shares 30 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,032 27
- Direct payment schene 86 3
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,147 37
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 123 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,204 35
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 266 8
- CIS Deductions 285 8
- sole trader to ltd company 169 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 329 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 281 7
- Dual taxation - usa 191 2
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 130 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 292 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 152 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 327
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 192