Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 759 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 327 5
- Paying Son 762 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 396 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 684 18
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 279 10
- Love is in the air 625 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,061 47
- Setting up a practice 567 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 564 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 511 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 431 1
- Stamp Duty 306 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 243 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,832 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 413 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 593 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 593 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 423 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 404 9
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 296
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- Foreign domicile status 277
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 258
- Apprenticeship Levy 244
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 242
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 231
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 226