Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 535 12
- Personal Tax 431 11
- Xerocon 2016 945 19
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 119 4
- USA Tax Query 98 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,638 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 922 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 162 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 212 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 578 18
- Corrupt Excel File 670 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 338 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,959 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,166 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 281 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 376 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 135 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 251 4
- last minute request 463 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,246 46