Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 49 1
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 87 2
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 137 4
- LLP members share of profits 440 26
- Help car benefit 126 4
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 119 2
- VAT Option to tax 284 3
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 98 2
- Current tax asset 193 3
- Partnership tax rules 86 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 214 5
- Audit Required 1,054 21
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 371 1
- Total cost of employment 182 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 446 15
- Selling assets to yourself ? 79 1
- UIT4 REVENUE REC FRSSE 71 1
- Director's remuneration accrual 88 3
- SDLT on land 133 6
- Grants 221 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 887
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 620
- Free Tax Legislation? 373
- Director Loan account operation 370
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 319
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 305
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 290
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 274
- Paye procedures for CVA 208
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 192