Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,505 14
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 26 1
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 87 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 429 7
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 139 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 381 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 150 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 423 13
- Real names 968 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 278 7
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,613 10
- Best apps for clients 165 2
- Theatre as charitable company 134 3
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 275 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 418 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 338 1
- Fixed Assets 179 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 171 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 200 1
- Dividend payment date 2,043 36
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 574
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 441
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 349
- IFA incorporation 329
- Sorry ignore me 287
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 255
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 250
- Cancelled 191
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 160