Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Investment properties/freehold land 22 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 426 19
- Capital Loss 51 3
- HMRC filing meltdown? 776 25
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 641 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 383 6
- no utr 172 7
- LLP formed in 2013 49 1
- Tax Returns for non residents 216 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,060 47
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 73 2
- Clothing 465 11
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 204 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 144 7
- Practice management 426 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 116 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,676 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,697 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 234 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 307 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 944
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 610
- Latest phishing scam 591
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 428
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 320
- Scratch Head 255
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 188