Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 135 1
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 90 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 897 15
- Question regarding gym training 285 4
- CIS Deductions 211 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 98 2
- is this fraud? 604 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,304 27
- Not a good start no broadband 364 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 399 8
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 622 10
- Property initial recognition 142 2
- P11D Dispensation 217 3
- CPD 116 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 425 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 150 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 188 4
- Directors Subsistence 397 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 215 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 438 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 568
- Cancelled 339
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 324
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 247
- Probiz 228
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 170
- Car leasing scheme 161
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 147