Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Let Property Campaign & DO2 86 1
- Regaining my qualification 263 3
- Scoot 226 5
- Remittances 117 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 109 1
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 195 1
- Shareholder agreement 198 4
- Corporation tax due date confusion 123 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,500 21
- Accountants' Error 773 16
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 171 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 170 3
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 169 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 232 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 672 11
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 125 1
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 253 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 284 2
- Auto enrolment 223 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 203 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,461
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 777
- Any views 706
- HMRC Employers Diary 527
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 397
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 264
- Advertising services? 262
- IRIS Open Books problem 255