Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 961 55
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 790 20
- Go Cardless 251 8
- business entertaining deductibility 106 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 102 2
- R & D 97 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 218 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 65 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 101 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 139 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 124 1
- New Business Registration 207 5
- Audit rules 135 3
- Hosted email exchange 123 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 141 1
- G P life time allowance 111 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 366 11
- Bringing money to Uk 211 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 130 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 109 2
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 155
- South African Government Pension 149
- CIS schemes 145