Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Limited company buying director's car 68 4
- Entrepeneurs relief 178 10
- How to complain about HMRC 1,280 15
- Dress code 1,379 31
- Historical figures for WTC 47 1
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 79 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 122 2
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 139 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 412 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,134 16
- Scottish Independance 635 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 105 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 254 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 420 6
- WC's and capital allowances 101 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 254 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 874 10
- carry back of gift aid 125 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 137 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 399 17
- CTA study material 755
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 356
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 245
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 145
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 142