Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 214 18
- break even point 409 13
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 279 4
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 781 18
- Setting up an offshore company 208 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 102 2
- Is this a scam? 978 16
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 91 2
- Profit split on buy-to let 202 3
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 54 1
- client issues 187 3
- Payroll software 326 12
- Sage Line 50 Help 66 1
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 278 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 415 20
- Rip off letting agents 600 12
- VAT silly question 2,127 44
- Automatic Enrolment Letter code 159 3
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 324 7
- BrightPay 466 12