Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 114 7
- Settlement discount 81 4
- Homing sandwiches 399 10
- CT600 64 2
- signature required 464 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 493 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 164 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 155 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 102 2
- Pratice Management Software 71 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 196 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 111 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 180 2
- Related Party Transactions 106 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 96 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 756 13
- More AE! 761 17
- Web sites 247 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 608 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,235
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 515
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 235
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 156