Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 106 2
- flat rate scheme 1,908 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 249 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 116 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 122 3
- Company Share Buy Back 117 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 924 15
- Unpaid share capital 253 3
- Company car in the LLP 180 2
- Physiotherapy 339 4
- New build property to be rented 171 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,884 52
- Hello 360 2
- Sage 200 question 115 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 107 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 181 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 184 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 220 4