Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 244 11
- which software to use? 265 5
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 199 3
- audit for 50% associate? 33 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 707 18
- overdrawn directors loan account 86 3
- Am i Liable? 389 13
- PAYE coding notices 161 2
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 85 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 825 13
- Property scam victim 513 13
- Christmas party 194 2
- VAT on garage rent 356 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 368 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 192 1
- RTI 176 5
- Altered PAYE cheque 307 7
- directors overdrawn loan account 122 2
- Giving a seminar 576 31
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 124 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,229
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 613
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 411
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 318
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 211
- Alphabet shares 199
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 190
- Office recharges 155
- Tax position on lease extension 144