Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 542 5
- See you all on the other side 650 6
- 12Pay 381 2
- dividends 528 2
- R&D 290 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,141 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 425 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 369 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 337 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 523 5
- Seeking a tax case 607 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 464 4
- Companies house strike off 475 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 384 2
- Moving to the cloud 717 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 868 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,077 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 469 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 548
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 414
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 348
- Capitalising Finance Lease 313
- USA help 310
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 256
- Marginal rates of tax 237