Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 117 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 75 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 574 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 209 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 181 3
- Paper tax return 158 4
- Start up allowance? 384 12
- Will I need to resign? 206 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 248 3
- AIA or IFA 459 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 645 9
- Late Registration for VAT 365 11