Vat on carriage
I have been with my accountant for 7 years.
I have an Internet business where I sell through Amazon and E Bay.
VAT is charged on the selling price of each item. I have not been charging VAT on the carriage.
I recently had a routine VAT inspection where the inspector informed me that VAT should be charged
My accountants know my business and prepare my accounts every year, on no occasion have they mentioned
that I should be charging VAT on carriage.
Are my accountants at fault in not informing me of this and should they bare the costs in this investigation?
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 187 5
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,030 20
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 84 2
- Charity donations 924 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,147 37
- Sole trader hid directorships. 189 2
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 295 12
- VAT on finance leases 158 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 531 10
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 256 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 211 3
- Goods Purchased for Rental 683 34
- Professional Clearance 1,590 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 299 4
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 450 6
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 416 11
- Interflora florist 244 3
- Friendly Pensions 270 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 124 1
- Company Reorganisation 323 4
- NOVA 500
- Bonus Bonds 385
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 368
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 281
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 248
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 173
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 161
- Finance Lease 152
- Company Car Lease 151
- Form 42 140