Is VAT chargeable?
I have client who used to work in the City as a stockbroker, until he resigned recently. Over the years he has built up a number of business contacts and whilst having lunch one day with one of these contacts he was asked he if he knew anyone/company who would be interested in investing in his company. My client used his contacts and the eventually a deal was done for which my client received a 7 figure sum.
If it was purely an introduction I believe it would be Vatable, however my client has said he was more involved than that and provided advice, valuation and timing advice.
Therefore is this exempt from VAT as his services are I connection with the provision of financial/ancillary services??
- incorrect old p60 212 4
- Micro-entity accounts 36 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 775 23
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 961 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 81 1
- Related party disclosure 110 3
- Inflation and fees 1,273 23
- Company reconstruction 54 1
- Missing tax return 234 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 85 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 126 1
- Advice please! 379 2
- VAT on new builds 144 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 110 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 339 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,929 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 724 6
- Sage Priority Support 124 2