Is VAT chargeable?
I have client who used to work in the City as a stockbroker, until he resigned recently. Over the years he has built up a number of business contacts and whilst having lunch one day with one of these contacts he was asked he if he knew anyone/company who would be interested in investing in his company. My client used his contacts and the eventually a deal was done for which my client received a 7 figure sum.
If it was purely an introduction I believe it would be Vatable, however my client has said he was more involved than that and provided advice, valuation and timing advice.
Therefore is this exempt from VAT as his services are I connection with the provision of financial/ancillary services??
- Xerocon 2016 1,023 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,192 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 237 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 254 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 600 12
- Personal Tax 502 11
- USA Tax Query 176 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 300 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 602 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 354 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,976 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 416 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 181 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 346 4
- last minute request 525 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46