VAT, CIS and Profit & Loss Accounts
Hi, I am new in this forum and I need some help from someone more experienced than me. I am using quickbooks to calculate P&L account for a company involved in the Construction industry. I have spent nights working on the general ledger and trying to match the debits and credits and something doesn't go well :(
I would appreciate your help!
The situation is as follows: The company has acted as a contractor and Sub-contractor at the same time. It has also been registered for the VAT flat rate scheme, adding VAT to the sales invoices and paying 9.5% every quarter.
Could you please advise me on the correct entries to match the two sides of the accounts as I am very confused now.
I am unable to find the correct accounts for CIS liability and CIS tax suffered in QB either. It is one big mess for me.
Thank to all of you in advance.
- Capital allowances offset rule 65 1
- White van man 78 4
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 102 4
- Worried over stock value 86 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 94 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,278 22
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 309 8
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 96 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 174 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 142 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 61 1
- Backdate C79? 125 1
- Having a Jan blank moment 153 4
- Strange result on filing very small trade profits 246 3
- Incorrect CIS Invoices from Subcontractors 183 7
- Child benefit charge 791 13
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 229 12
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,057 17
- Self Ass. Return 330 5
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 283 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 816
- Copy Wanted 540
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 490
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 476
- Latest phishing scam 333
- Entrepreneurs' relief 307
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 270
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 269
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 173