VAT, CIS and Profit & Loss Accounts
Hi, I am new in this forum and I need some help from someone more experienced than me. I am using quickbooks to calculate P&L account for a company involved in the Construction industry. I have spent nights working on the general ledger and trying to match the debits and credits and something doesn't go well :(
I would appreciate your help!
The situation is as follows: The company has acted as a contractor and Sub-contractor at the same time. It has also been registered for the VAT flat rate scheme, adding VAT to the sales invoices and paying 9.5% every quarter.
Could you please advise me on the correct entries to match the two sides of the accounts as I am very confused now.
I am unable to find the correct accounts for CIS liability and CIS tax suffered in QB either. It is one big mess for me.
Thank to all of you in advance.
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 73 9
- VAT & capitalising 27 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 233 5
- Limited Company keeping receipts 166 2
- Free Shares ? 218 2
- Is this a scam? 517 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 286 7
- Sorry ignore me 850 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 258 6
- Invoice Help 174 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 131 1
- Employee overpaid who has left 185 3
- Peer to Peer lending 847 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 96 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 205 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 278 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 244 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,250 17
- Childcare for clients 200 1
- One off meeting new client 576 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 620
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 528
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 291
- Cancelled 280
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 187
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 185
- Probiz 166
- What's the market like for temps? 161
- Married woman dies owning marital home 155