VAT, CIS and Profit & Loss Accounts
Hi, I am new in this forum and I need some help from someone more experienced than me. I am using quickbooks to calculate P&L account for a company involved in the Construction industry. I have spent nights working on the general ledger and trying to match the debits and credits and something doesn't go well :(
I would appreciate your help!
The situation is as follows: The company has acted as a contractor and Sub-contractor at the same time. It has also been registered for the VAT flat rate scheme, adding VAT to the sales invoices and paying 9.5% every quarter.
Could you please advise me on the correct entries to match the two sides of the accounts as I am very confused now.
I am unable to find the correct accounts for CIS liability and CIS tax suffered in QB either. It is one big mess for me.
Thank to all of you in advance.
- Community awards 2014 - first category 123 5
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 47 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 425 12
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 140 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 292 3
- Payment plans for clients 262 3
- CT600 245 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 309 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 77 1
- Lease 129 4
- Free invoicing software 492 4
- Digita Hosted Software 394 4
- signature required 870 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,311 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 176 5
- Thin Client recomendation 224 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 189 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 171 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 118 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 134 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,302
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 850
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 542
- Credit where credit's due....... 334
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 260
- TheTax Donut 225
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 186
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 171
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 154
- Sole trader CPD 145