VAT, CIS and Profit & Loss Accounts
Hi, I am new in this forum and I need some help from someone more experienced than me. I am using quickbooks to calculate P&L account for a company involved in the Construction industry. I have spent nights working on the general ledger and trying to match the debits and credits and something doesn't go well :(
I would appreciate your help!
The situation is as follows: The company has acted as a contractor and Sub-contractor at the same time. It has also been registered for the VAT flat rate scheme, adding VAT to the sales invoices and paying 9.5% every quarter.
Could you please advise me on the correct entries to match the two sides of the accounts as I am very confused now.
I am unable to find the correct accounts for CIS liability and CIS tax suffered in QB either. It is one big mess for me.
Thank to all of you in advance.
- Capital allowances on taxis 55 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 382 6
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 288 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 259 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 87 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,763 65
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 277 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 905 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 204 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 134 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 196 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 409 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 342 9
- Merging my businesses 165 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,731 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 520 16
- VAT on commercial property 168 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,057 49
- deceased creditor 222 5
- Corporate member of LLP 285 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 784
- RTI - duplicate employee record 545
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sage Vat return box 2 312
- Sanzar 308
- Digital marketing focus group 292
- Portia ... Where art thou 288
- How do you do it 282
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 261