VAT, CIS and Profit & Loss Accounts
Hi, I am new in this forum and I need some help from someone more experienced than me. I am using quickbooks to calculate P&L account for a company involved in the Construction industry. I have spent nights working on the general ledger and trying to match the debits and credits and something doesn't go well :(
I would appreciate your help!
The situation is as follows: The company has acted as a contractor and Sub-contractor at the same time. It has also been registered for the VAT flat rate scheme, adding VAT to the sales invoices and paying 9.5% every quarter.
Could you please advise me on the correct entries to match the two sides of the accounts as I am very confused now.
I am unable to find the correct accounts for CIS liability and CIS tax suffered in QB either. It is one big mess for me.
Thank to all of you in advance.
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,181 61
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,539 427
- Cash injection by shareholder 176 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 231 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 391 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,371 43
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 270 5
- 40% rule for travel expenses 203 1
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 328 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 277 8
- PRR 291 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 193 3
- corp tax software 364 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 452 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 476 7
- Which tax box 195 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 156 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 270 3
- References for clients 238 2
- Direct Debit - no receipts 181 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,300
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 465
- National Insurance 361
- Non Resident 283
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 174
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 152
- CIS paid under reg 9 145