VAT, CIS and Profit & Loss Accounts
Hi, I am new in this forum and I need some help from someone more experienced than me. I am using quickbooks to calculate P&L account for a company involved in the Construction industry. I have spent nights working on the general ledger and trying to match the debits and credits and something doesn't go well :(
I would appreciate your help!
The situation is as follows: The company has acted as a contractor and Sub-contractor at the same time. It has also been registered for the VAT flat rate scheme, adding VAT to the sales invoices and paying 9.5% every quarter.
Could you please advise me on the correct entries to match the two sides of the accounts as I am very confused now.
I am unable to find the correct accounts for CIS liability and CIS tax suffered in QB either. It is one big mess for me.
Thank to all of you in advance.
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 22 1
- Small hotel - food for personal use 331 4
- HMRC Information notice 960 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 242 3
- Accountant Specialization. 342 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 182 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 112 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,289 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,710 42
- Sage Line 50 155 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 131 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 407 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 382 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 152 1
- Freelance/Employee 692 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 190 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 499 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 617 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 296
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171