Where do you stand on cutting the VAT rate?
In a statement released yesterday, the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) demanded that Ed Balls stop playing politics with the economy and support entrepreneurs with a credible plan for growth.
Criticising the call from Labour shadow chancellor Ed Balls for a full reversal in the 20% VAT rate, the FSB said the UK should instead follow the lead of other EU countries and introduce a one-year VAT cut for small businesses in the construction and retail sectors only.
By cutting VAT to 5%, as opposed to a £5bn cash injunction into "rushed infrastructure projects", the employers' organisation said growth would be kick started, jobs would be created and the Treasury would benefit from increased revenues.
Do you think Labour is right to push for a full reversal or do you support the FSB's call for a temporary, focused change, even though it would add another complication to firms' administrative burdens.
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 53 3
- Matching of tax return to P60 43 1
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,013 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,197 53
- Related Parties Note 115 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 766 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 192 7
- what time is it ? 312 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 89 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 434 24
- VAT on disbursement 168 2
- tax credits 212 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,046 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 89 1
- LLP - Member leaving 197 6
- Year end 267 3
- Foreign income for self employed 174 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 311 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 330 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,152 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 914
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 529
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 336
- How to format a stock book 323
- Tax efficient holding company structure 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 248
- Investment property company accounts template 234
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 197
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 185
- Charge out rates in London? 159