VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 31 1
- I had a baby! Small practice recruitment - where would you look? 551 7
- Travel expenses 431 16
- Any Scottish members out there? 4,457 142
- Reclaim vat on invoice 170 3
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,107 29
- Shadow director or alternative? 261 3
- Computerised Accountancy Software 281 1
- FRS VAT bad debt relief? 495 13
- Bankruptcy 430 10
- P11d Van - no private use 437 12
- Expanding To UK From USA 150 2
- How do I account for trees?! 289 1
- Foreign Dividends - tax repayment claim 504 17
- German VAT charged by US Supplier 237 5
- Abbreviated Accounts 350 4
- Accountancy fee tax return 581 6
- Employee who reports their PAYE themselves to HMRC - Am i liable for Employer NI 328 1
- SSP recovered on directors salary 287 5
- Standard 'email' template system 355 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 990
- Employment related securities question 504
- Looking for a qualified accountant 328
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 309
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 276
- National Insurance 214
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 205
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 194
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 191
- Payments on account coded out?? 149