VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 22 1
- Writing down allowance / AIA 134 5
- Company name change question... 143 2
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 423 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 254 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,307 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 146 5
- Consolidation IFRS 67 1
- White van man 429 20
- Worried over stock value 215 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 107 1
- foreign income 125 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 195 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 306 5
- STUDENT LOAN 98 1
- Bookkeeping question 599 6
- wave software 230 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 358 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 247 3
- Backdate C79? 170 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 825
- Copy Wanted 552
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 509
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 489
- Latest phishing scam 348
- Entrepreneurs' relief 321
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 291
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 281
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 278
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 184