VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,446 112
- Is there a reporting requirement? 82 1
- Clients 285 6
- error on companies house accounts 399 11
- Newly Started Practice 448 11
- Home to Office 174 5
- Investment property? 152 3
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 195 2
- Property income 126 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 91 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 212 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 151 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 197 4
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 110 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 143 3
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 63 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 109 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 314 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 167 2
- Client's company struck off 706 18
- QROP pension input amounts 482
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- EPS and CIS deductions 271
- Construction CIS LLP Company 251
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 220
- SAGE winforecast 186
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 177
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174