VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 85 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 200 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 86 1
- Added years superannuation 71 2
- Giving a seminar 539 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 202 1
- JIEB Exams 137 1
- RTI 101 1
- Christmas party 114 1
- Am i Liable? 138 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 745 10
- Checking a contract 296 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 312 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 237 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 162 7
- VAT on garage rent 327 14
- Value-shifting 75 1
- Pattern for CTA 212 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 455 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,220
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 177
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150