VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Director's tax return 22 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 124 3
- reporting salary? 212 5
- Wrong career 241 9
- Other forums 157 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 345 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 134 1
- VT accounts licence key 107 3
- Underpaid National Insurance 120 2
- Career Advice 151 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 115 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,906 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 247 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 87 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 171 2
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 216 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 108 3
- Agent with HMRC 283 11
- Quarterly PAYE 283 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 195 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 776
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 530
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 225
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 220
- Director Loan account operation 217
- Free Tax Legislation? 214
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- vat return 181