VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Swiching tax 506 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 721 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 493 10
- SA316s 111 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 509 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 362 11
- Start-up cost recognition 90 1
- Lunches 176 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 376 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 124 3
- Generic notification message 251 6
- Property Expenses 215 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 814 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 117 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 500 13
- Accrued salary unpaid 255 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,193 18
- Basis periods 98 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 113 2
- CGT on spouse's death 310 11
- Construction CIS LLP Company 599
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 590
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 289
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 251
- Accelerated payment notices 235
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 225