VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 642 5
- See you all on the other side 692 6
- 12Pay 458 2
- dividends 611 2
- R&D 318 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 416 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 373 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 546 5
- Seeking a tax case 642 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 552 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 745 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 904 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 210 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,092 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 503 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 293
- Class 2 NI 279