VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,615 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 77 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 68 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 230 6
- Companies House 279 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 85 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 95 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 320 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 101 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 207 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 662 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 131 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 665 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 476 5
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Director self assessment 403 16
- Sage Import Data 176 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 239 2
- Dividend Vouchers 284 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 428
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 241
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 195
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 142
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 141