VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 841 17
- Company Van 157 3
- cash basis 87 1
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 238 8
- question 186 2
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 98 1
- Connected person and properties 114 2
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 679 13
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 266 3
- Business only use of company car 1,567 34
- Overlap profits 377 14
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 777 11
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,327 12
- HMRC Security Deposit 419 12
- Invoicing for monthly clients 369 7
- Company investment 790 9
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 359 6
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 366 1
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 261 3
- Tax - Paying Yearly 569 17
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 384
- Any thoughts on Capium? 352
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 279
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 239
- French ConnectionUK 189
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 183
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 174
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 173
- APN's 163