VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,198 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,330 21
- CIS and Close Company 122 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 474 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 177 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 201 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 132 2
- Director leaving in month 1 161 2
- Ex Gratia payments 92 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 290 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 174 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 199 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 192 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 180 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 57 1
- EIS - connection through employment 97 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 252 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 67 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 234 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 914
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 642
- Free Tax Legislation? 410
- Director Loan account operation 402
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 341
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 321
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 227
- Paye procedures for CVA 223
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 189
- Pension Fixed Protection 163