VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Which tax returns can I submit? 171 5
- Cocaine anyone? 896 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 258 5
- Vat on new builds 63 1
- Using home as clients registered address 238 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 471 15
- How much does the company pay 822 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 457 10
- Proof of identification 134 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 161 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 125 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 309 5
- Childcare vouchers 374 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 106 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 100 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 95 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 76 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 378 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 268
- The booking.com con 257
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 255
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 232
- UK State pension paid in NZ 181