VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Coding Notice 184 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 56 1
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 361 9
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 174 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 194 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 158 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 151 3
- LLP as member of LLP 105 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,757 48
- B2B vat in the EU 151 3
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 464 7
- Vat 288 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,287 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 198 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 174 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,497 18
- CT/CIS offset 153 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 202 4
- Trade name 201 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 146 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 828
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 394
- Social investment tax relief 211
- Digita Hosted Software 207
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 167
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 152
- accounting for this transaction 152