VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 127 3
- CGT on selling company shares 191 8
- Moneysoft Payroll 660 16
- Companies House Search 354 4
- Property gift to sister 277 8
- do i need an online accounting software 141 3
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 87 2
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 383 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,679 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 162 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,610 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 288 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 653 9
- VAT training 390 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 286 7
- 31st october deadline 405 6
- RTI Late Registration query 159 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 270 2
- Payroll software 212 1
- Accounting for display stands 295 7
- NHS finance professionals 716
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 388
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 346
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 292
- Incorporating doctors 231
- IFA income recognition & reporting 229