VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Accounting Crew 311 7
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 151 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 286 14
- What's the plural? 383 8
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 305 6
- PII and previous accountant 375 8
- Self Employed travel 242 5
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,678 43
- Use of aliases 550 15
- xbrl accounts and HMRC template help 550 11
- Alphabet Shares - tax implications? 1,468 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 158 2
- VAT - Quidco Cash-back 227 3
- Subsidiary or New Company? 103 2
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 341 3
- VAT on Import goods 154 4
- Sale of Van to a Guernsey company and VAT 120 2
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 760 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 112 1
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 737 25
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 562
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 415
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 318
- IFA incorporation 290
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 277
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 272
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 241
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 229
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 208
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 195