VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 505 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 245 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 81 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 158 4
- Late reply from HMRC 228 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 273 6
- VAT silly question 2,340 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,626 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,409 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,782 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 494 11
- Classic cars investment 188 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 199 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 226 8
- RTI - new employee 188 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 600 22
- H&W company 134 2
- BrightPay 546 14
- VAT registration 138 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 127 1
- Benchmarking 480
- Possible Partnership? 426
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 405
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 399
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 344
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 202
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 196
- Income tax on foreign dividends 181
- Clubs and Taxable Income 180
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 178