VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- How much does the company pay 518 21
- I have done a terrible thing 590 14
- VAT on Business Premises 55 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 29 1
- Consolidation Software 121 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 426 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,003 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,148 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 297 9
- HMRC property income enquiry 273 6
- LLp Profits 136 5
- two business from one premises 128 2
- AIA 241 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 339 20
- partnership tax return 157 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 183 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 107 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 304 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,179 27
- s455 tax 149 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 501
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 266
- WWOOFers 256
- The booking.com con 235
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- Cocaine anyone? 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 214
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174