VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 99 4
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 347 4
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 371 5
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 91 3
- Sale of Limited Co computer 62 1
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 655 16
- Sole Trader or Ltd Company 411 4
- Charge for tax returns 648 12
- Real time 248 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,085 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 405 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 196 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,879 42
- When to top-up pensions? 272 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 226 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 210 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 759 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 827 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 506 10
- Withdrawal of a quote 552 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 201
- Just checking re PSA 201
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198