VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- General tax book with planning 148 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,205 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 284 11
- Gift of property & improvements 118 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 342 5
- VAT Invoice 137 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 805 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 129 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 218 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 185 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 152 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 452 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 375 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 256 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 186 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 165 4
- SA302's anyone?? 538 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,644 41
- Renting for military reasons 195 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 510
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 297
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 173
- tax on apprenticeship income 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 149