VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 87 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 445 13
- Coding Notice 213 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 224 6
- New business - journal entries 388 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 216 3
- Payroll software 636 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 248 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 386 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 720 18
- B2B vat in the EU 177 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 129 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 193 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 222 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 187 4
- LLP as member of LLP 131 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,820 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 500 7
- Vat 299 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,298 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 847
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 717
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 402
- Social investment tax relief 217
- Digita Hosted Software 210
- Call Centre Data Costs 197
- accounting for this transaction 180
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 170
- Travel costs and contractors 165
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 158