VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 480 10
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 300 4
- Maternity Pay 48 1
- Was I rude 386 14
- Surcharges on very late VAT 105 1
- Invoice factoring 238 8
- Director's minimum wage? 171 3
- Share swap 220 4
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 331 9
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 171 2
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 133 2
- Work in progress calculation 113 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 938 29
- Help with share restructuring 101 1
- HMRC Employers Diary 582 1
- Advice please on best way forward 569 7
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 588 9
- old client has come out of the woodwork 376 2
- Scoot 401 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 522 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 796
- Any views 721
- International interest certificate 434
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 407
- Sale of business 373
- Advertising services? 279
- NOVA 273
- IRIS Open Books problem 270
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 184