VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- practice planning 27 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,084 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 162 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 148 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,631 10
- Which address 1,056 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 583 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 97 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,496 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,212 44
- R&D tax claim 255 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 534 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 195 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 140 2
- Gift to employee 380 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 179 1
- Transfer of a business 129 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,152 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 420 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 122 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 484
- CTA study material 459
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 337
- Pre incorp expenses 319
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 260
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 212
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 164
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 138
- Employment related securities question 126