VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Telephone call from "Xero" 414 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 111 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,170 46
- dividend 147 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 112 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 251 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 170 3
- Irish Taxation 139 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 307 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 512 6
- Drector renting room to company 94 1
- Off site storage 151 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 249 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 349 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 237 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 329 4
- Self assesment losses 323 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 175 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 189 1
- Xtuple 565
- Qtac payroll for bureau 387
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 342
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 209
- Investment 205
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 181
- Tax on damages received 180
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 151