VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Buying a horse?? 325 11
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 302 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,635 19
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 78 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 216 5
- New supplier 105 3
- PITA ex-client 123 8
- Tax on free shares 24 1
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 323 8
- Audit 400 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 816 22
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 69 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 229 13
- Scottish Independance 870 24
- Funding Circle experience 60 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 697 20
- Awkward IP 1,495 16
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 54 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,139 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 981 11
- CTA study material 792
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 443
- Employment related securities question 316
- AIM Stocks and IHT 294
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 272
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 215
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 155