VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 350 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 184 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 56 1
- Group Relief 109 4
- R&D Credits 86 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 217 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 72 2
- Clients 653 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 213 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 106 3
- Starting new accounting business 250 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 449 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 62 1
- Sage Payroll 85 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 101 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 422 8
- Tolley UK sales number 206 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 114 2
- Are agent account managers any good? 155 2
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 90 3
- QROP pension input amounts 491
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 475
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 437
- EPS and CIS deductions 292
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 284
- Construction CIS LLP Company 275
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 237
- SAGE winforecast 197
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 186
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 181