VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Farm barn lettings 199 4
- Group Audit Thresholds 314 9
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,205 43
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 272 4
- Deduction from Salary 581 14
- Legal title not in the company name 692 21
- inheritance tax 265 8
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 172 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 281 7
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 133 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 166 2
- Sole properietor 390 7
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,499 12
- Pay in Lieu of notice 261 6
- Doctor and Locum Work 222 3
- Capital payments offshore trust 84 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 121 1
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 153 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 216 1
- State pension 218 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 637
- Cancelled 387
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 332
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 303
- Probiz 296
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 271
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 253
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 219
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 196