VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,104 34
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 380 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,192 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 162 4
- New Company reviews please 643 16
- Business only use of company car 749 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 417 8
- Gift to son by parents 188 1
- valuation of vehicles 496 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 297 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 208 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 426 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 469 4
- BTC is slow 316 3
- Director registration for SA question 542 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 479 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 523 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 535 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 372 4
- VAT with Russia 294 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 328
- Any thoughts on Capium? 269
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 265
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 251
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 231
- auto enrolment 205
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 189
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 179
- How to account for investment in JV? 169
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 160