VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- effective advertising 22 1
- Sigma Red 1,285 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 318 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 44 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 129 2
- Put fees on website 70 1
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 186 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 423 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 434 7
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 126 6
- VAT Variation Team 179 3
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 57 1
- Sage help please 286 4
- charges for storing documents 186 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 65 1
- VAT in Eu 59 1
- Sage opening balance / retained profit nightmare! 123 2
- minimum shareholding 82 1
- Budget 2015 - take two 374 4
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 196 4
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 457
- WIP Software 327
- No payroll scheme in place 275
- Is there anything wrong with this? 249
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 243
- Small Part Disposal of Property 223
- Uncommercial property business 216
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 187
- SA Penalty 179