VAT De mininis Rules
I have been trying to work out the de minimis rules for VAT.
I have read the HMRC notice and I think I understand what it means.
I have purchases of about £30,000 per year, but these are mostly except inputs, only about 30% have VAT charged.
I also have expenses such as utility bills, advertising, of about £15000 per year.
Therefore exempt purchases are worth £21000 per year. Input Tax at 20% would be £3500, which is about £290 per month. This is less than £625 per month. The second condition is that total exempt inputs (costs) are less than half of total costs. £21000/£45000 is about 47%.
Does this mean that I can claim input tax on all inputs of £45000/6 in my VAT return.
Secondly the 30% ratio is a rough estimate, what proof would I need to give hmrc that it is correct, and would they actually challenge it since the 47% is awfully close to half
Thanks in advance
- dreaded p11d dispensation 110 5
- What should I do for 'free' 676 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 256 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 290 8
- Accounting for share for share 40 3
- Sportman claiming for training kit 54 2
- Use of home for storage 371 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 102 1
- Company Accounts 296 6
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 171 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,450 349
- disclosue checklist 81 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 537 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 61 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,458 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 219 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 221 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 99 2
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 264 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193