Has anyone any experience of a client registering, and deregistering, within days.
A new client started work as a freelance courier and registered for VAT after a couple of months. The work wasn't profitable, so he continued looking for employment. He expected this to take a few months, but he managed to find a job days after registering for VAT.
He bought a van (prior to registration) and we intended reclaiming the VAT, but he has now deregistered as self-employment has ceased. The VAT reclaim on the van is below the threshhold for VAT to be repaid on deregistration. His first VAT Return is also his final return. Are HMRC likely to refuse the VAT reclaim on the van?
- VAT refund 296 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,262 37
- flat rate scheme 75 2
- Turnover on a tax return 528 12
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 76 2
- incorrect old p60 550 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 93 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 177 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 132 1
- Special dividends & CGT 195 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 176 1
- Networking 347 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 272 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 302 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 151 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 332 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 282 2
- IT Contractor 283 1
- Sage instant account codes 199 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 300 1