VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- Time to ditch Sage? 233 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 366 12
- HMRC Post 517 7
- Transactions with directors 430 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 281 9
- Non VAT invoices 192 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 191 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,387 32
- Fees 238 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 254 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 222 2
- Form 17 Download 149 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 560 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 379 4
- HMRC Information notice 993 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 279 3
- Accountant Specialization. 392 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,776 42
- Sage Line 50 176 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 202 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 761
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 207
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178