VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- Clients 509 10
- On line Remote Training 175 4
- Group Relief 37 1
- Starting new accounting business 53 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 205 3
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 88 4
- Transfer of stock 232 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 103 1
- New client procedure 245 4
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 222 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 297 10
- Tolley UK sales number 149 4
- Enterprise relief 98 2
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 161 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 388 7
- Virtually Impossible 569 12
- Registering as a director 105 1
- SSP days and Holidays 203 3
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 221 8
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 179 4
- QROP pension input amounts 488
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 464
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 431
- EPS and CIS deductions 286
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 278
- Construction CIS LLP Company 271
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 232
- SAGE winforecast 192
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 177
- Pensions Regulator 161