VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- GP - Do I have to provide tax advice 66 2
- Group Audits 103 1
- VAT Invoice 273 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 133 1
- Cash in Hand 231 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 221 5
- are receipts needed? 651 17
- SA302's anyone?? 637 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 348 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 180 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 365 12
- Busines software 214 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 228 6
- Converting a barn for business use 196 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 329 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 338 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 363 3
- Bookkeping software 748 7
- Clogged Losses 295 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 341
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 188
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 171