VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- Wrong career 373 16
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 137 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 187 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 74 2
- Director's tax return 165 3
- Tricky VAT question 93 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 87 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 207 6
- VT accounts licence key 206 5
- Weely paid employees 191 2
- Splitting the tax year 64 1
- FPS Submission 115 2
- PTP software disaster 174 1
- Value pricing 628 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 195 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 113 1
- vat return 210 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 161 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,963 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 161 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 783
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 536
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 406
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 288
- Free Tax Legislation? 242
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 232
- Director Loan account operation 228
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 218
- Paye procedures for CVA 155