VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- Just for fun. 693 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 97 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 60 1
- How to pay national insurance 497 16
- Spam blocking 114 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 199 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 200 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 106 1
- Small pool write off 208 4
- Bonus in june 233 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 172 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 103 2
- HMRC Email 314 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,918 21
- Employment status 208 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 174 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 988 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 362 4
- Overlap relief 641 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 166 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 480
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 375
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 369
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 342
- Perkbox 308
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 299
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 266
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229