VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 361 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 233 4
- That old chestnut 562 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 15 1
- Partner with an IVA 55 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 186 7
- Your fondest calculator memories 227 11
- Joint filing delays 29 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 190 4
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 50 3
- Sale of an investment between group companies 72 1
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 1,266 18
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 153 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 219 4
- Growing pains 319 6
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 178 6
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 140 7
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 507 13
- Breach of employment contract 158 3
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 414 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 401
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 270
- Pre incorp expenses 261
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 169
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 164