VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- deleting customers on Sage 50 134 6
- Value-shifting 31 1
- Pattern for CTA 191 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 265 14
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 429 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 67 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 166 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 215 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 682 7
- EBT 168 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 152 8
- Giving a seminar 507 28
- Joint Filing Help 94 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 185 4
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,196 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 248 2
- Writing off bad debts 177 4
- Added years superannuation 50 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 99 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 349 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,199
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 404
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 191
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 176
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 158
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 158