VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 182 6
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 413 14
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 479 8
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,740 23
- another ir35!!!! 1,181 8
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 119 2
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 239 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,390 42
- Sage 50 141 1
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 239 5
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 204 9
- VAT on motor expenses 920 33
- Introduction of Goodwill 257 6
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 129 2
- Sage 50 (2010) 140 3
- sole trader - operating under cis 124 2
- What does it mean?? 398 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 294 13
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 146 3
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 178 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,552
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 239
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 229
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 214
- Management expenses for investment company 213
- Bonus Bonds 210
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 196