VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- BrightPay 862 25
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,398 87
- can I approach clients ? 54 2
- Goodie bag 1,262 48
- Budget 2015 predictions 481 12
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 262 11
- Charities and VAT? 115 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 499 10
- CIS monthly returns 51 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 517 6
- Husband Wife let property 288 7
- Secure document exchange 496 5
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 156 2
- VAT registration 74 1
- Quickbooks Online 171 3
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 469 4
- Film Actors - Averaging? 240 6
- Dividends against directors loan 137 1
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 135 1
- Output tax for retailer 293 7
- Possible Partnership? 631
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 511
- New Fangled Penalties 436
- Fuming! 340
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 312
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 249
- Outsource Data Entry 228
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 228
- Moving away from CCH software 217
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 169