VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- flat rate scheme 818 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 572 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 110 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 236 1
- CIS online 159 3
- Class IV NIC 162 3
- bookkeeping system 194 4
- Company van paid by director 108 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,566 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 252 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 128 3
- Private company division 96 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 303 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 639 7
- Split year treatment ? 119 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 277 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 108 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 209 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 249 3
- Special dividends & CGT 311 2