VAT Distance Selling Rules
I have a client who I am confident has breached the DSR Thresholds in most of the European countries. Thinking on the issue as it stands I am expecting that they will need to correct their affairs. However, what is the procedure in completing a DSR VAT Return for another EC country?
My issue is:
Outputs/Inputs declard on UK VAT Returns.
Expect that Client will need to make correct declarations and revised all UK VAT Returns.
Calculating what Output VAT would be due to each EU Country would be simple enough. But what about the Input VAT? Is the Input VAT applicable to the Sales in other EU Countries recoverable in the UK, or is it Outside the Scope and should actually be reclaimed in the country in which the respective sale is made? For clarification, the goods are delivered here to the UK and then sent via courier to the Customer.
Any input gratefully received!!!
- PAYE coding out 35 1
- VAT avoidance? 45 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 221 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 687 10
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 88 2
- Can S455 tax repaid 46 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 326 4
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 637 22
- How to explain this to someone 339 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 115 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 54 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 696 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 283 4
- Old CGT loss 345 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 304 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 173 6
- Start up allowance? 486 13
- New Starter Checklist 343 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 454 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 845 22
- TheTax Donut 1,076
- Follower cases 513
- Hive up 447
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- LIVE chat, starting now 390
- Advice - 228
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 198
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183