VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Setting up a practice 313 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 460 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 415 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 224 1
- Love is in the air 505 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 649 17
- Stamp Duty 292 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 234 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,790 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 547 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 232 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 258 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,024 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 566 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 576 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 369 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 392 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 450 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 496 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 311 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 300
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 286
- CGT for NOn UK residents 279
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 275
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 253
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 239
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 221
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 200