VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 236 7
- Directors loan accounts 365 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 299 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 247 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 101 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 161 1
- Employed clients and expenses 791 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,031 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 691 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 889 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,090 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 494 18
- I.d for vat registration 267 10
- Bookkeping software 900 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 286 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 250 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 343 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,826 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 123 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 154 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 538
- NOVA 487
- Bonus Bonds 373
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 353
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 274
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 169
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 139