VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 43 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 245 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 141 3
- Lloyds bank ... 399 6
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 237 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 353 18
- Limited company buying a car 200 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 474 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 579 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 236 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 301 4
- ACCA practice certificates 512 5
- Limited company buying director's car 314 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 97 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 135 1
- WC's and capital allowances 184 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 324 13
- Dress code 1,563 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 486 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 267 6
- CTA study material 772
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 402
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 187
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149