VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Claiming VAT on car lease 44 8
- How to network with other Accountants? 511 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 468 21
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,053 26
- Advice for new build property 44 3
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 241 8
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 272 5
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,287 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 203 4
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 276 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 209 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 118 1
- Sage Line 50 93 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,934 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 150 2
- HMRC Post 363 5
- Freelance/Employee 581 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 540 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 338 8
- Employment Allowance 382 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 401
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 370
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 345
- Electric Car 283
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 178
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 167
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- AIA 153