VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 441 25
- Account and Taxable Profit 100 5
- Windows10 60 2
- Class 2 NIC 173 3
- A thursday afternoon muse 148 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 364 6
- Probate services 400 8
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 849 5
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 217 6
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 775 14
- An IT question 270 6
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,650 35
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 325 9
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 589 22
- SDLT 334 9
- Windows 10 anyone? 316 7
- Can an owner hold company money 242 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 449 9
- Ireland 446 1
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 277 5
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 686
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 323
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 291
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 244
- Payroll manager and the cloud 214
- Is the APN valid 195