VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 167 4
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 139 2
- Cash injection by shareholder 44 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,454 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 256 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 280 4
- PRR 195 11
- corp tax software 338 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,078 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 100 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 219 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- References for clients 191 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 141 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 104 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 132 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 252
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 166
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 135