VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 90 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 315 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 201 3
- FreeAgent question 91 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 116 2
- CIS monthly returns 168 2
- Goodie bag 1,545 52
- Husband Wife let property 346 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 497 12
- Output tax for retailer 312 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 276 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 131 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 126 1
- CT600 Advice 124 1
- Fair Value Accounting 74 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 137 4
- can I approach clients ? 401 8
- Companies House Penalties 130 2
- Apostille documents 112 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 541 13
- Possible Partnership? 640
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 517
- New Fangled Penalties 445
- Fuming! 379
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 317
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 254
- Outsource Data Entry 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 235
- Moving away from CCH software 227
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 174