VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- CGT history of shares 175 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 136 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 170 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 333 6
- CGT on sale of let property 111 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 176 2
- how do i get UTR 138 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 86 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 235 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 410 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 128 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 189 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 124 2
- EIS 196 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 128 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 125 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 725 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 204 1
- Moving away from CCH software 967
- QROP pension input amounts 451
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 395
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 381
- fraud 304
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 279
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 243
- Construction CIS LLP Company 229
- EPS and CIS deductions 222
- Out of time or not? 208