VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Practice management 141 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 210 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 81 1
- IHT and cash gifts 53 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 132 7
- Clothing 154 4
- VAT registration transfer 147 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 571 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 86 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 98 2
- Director drawings 393 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 323 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 93 1
- HMRC SA302s 204 3
- What does the "K" signify 432 7
- Director or self-employed 147 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 127 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- What sectors to target? 202 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 133 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 905
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 610
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 577
- Latest phishing scam 531
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 378
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 343
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 199
- Capital allowances in first basis period 187
- Sabbatical payments 175