VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- NIC question 28 1
- Accountex flash mob 437 15
- IR 35 128 3
- sole trader to ltd company 227 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager Connection Problem 130 2
- What to do about Moneylaundering Photo ID when client has no official Photo ID 797 7
- Tax Adviser qualification/courses 88 1
- Child benefit 225 7
- Final accounts - procedure 255 5
- Cash extraction pre-sale 133 3
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 296 10
- Issues involved in an Asset Transfer from a Sports Club to a Charity? 113 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 108 1
- IT systems + software 86 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 400 10
- ACCA UK Practising Certificate 166 2
- Money Laundering and handover 681 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,530 29
- Property sale split between years 310 10
- Capital introduction 251 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 647
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 408
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 338
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 304
- Using the correct forms 301
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 289
- Digital marketing focus group 199
- Sage Vat return box 2 198