VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- HMRC property income enquiry 295 7
- How much does the company pay 576 25
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 133 1
- Not paying accountant 1,788 45
- Cash basis VAT return 63 1
- I have done a terrible thing 651 14
- VAT on Business Premises 76 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 55 1
- Consolidation Software 131 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 444 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,012 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,167 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 311 9
- LLp Profits 138 5
- two business from one premises 133 2
- AIA 245 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 344 20
- partnership tax return 166 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 195 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 117 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 503
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 256
- The booking.com con 237
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 214
- UK State pension paid in NZ 175