VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 135 4
- LLP classification of division of profit 118 3
- Ltd company or sole trader 85 2
- Fee protection 115 2
- deductions for OMB companies 168 2
- Insolvent Liquidation 108 1
- insolvency ip control 156 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 307 3
- Free Agent data? 102 1
- Generic PAYE notices 91 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 130 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 520 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 541 12
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 79 1
- UK company avoiding tax 196 2
- Finland 78 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 968 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 174 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 506 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,204 40
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 138