VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Married woman dies owning marital home 443 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,413 28
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,238 25
- Dividend dates 430 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,228 31
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 174 5
- Not a good start no broadband 446 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 120 2
- is this fraud? 699 12
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 697 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 189 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 63 1
- Intrastat triangulation 56 1
- CGT 146 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 186 4
- Question regarding gym training 370 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 159 3
- CIS Deductions 231 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 164 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 585
- Cancelled 342
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 328
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 234
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 173
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 172
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150