VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Missing tax return 320 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 288 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 116 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,043 30
- Inflation and fees 1,365 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 302 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 181 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 198 1
- Related party disclosure 199 3
- Company reconstruction 131 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 229 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 166 1
- Advice please! 409 2
- VAT on new builds 183 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 143 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,989 28