VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 79 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 196 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 477 14
- Employee steeling client data 125 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,361 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 192 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 135 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 277 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 216 4
- signature required 915 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 197 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 341 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 334 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 160 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 91 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 156 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 100 1
- Lease 152 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 551
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 185
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 147