VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Comapny valuation qualifications 100 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 283 5
- Director's tax return 351 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 161 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,092 34
- Flat rate vat 188 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 180 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 85 1
- Coming in from the cold 344 3
- Splitting the tax year 166 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 204 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 170 4
- Submitting tax return 178 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 265 8
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 140 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Value pricing 740 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 261 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 258
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170