VAT Flat Rate - new build - landscaping
Client has undertaken landscaping works for a new build property and charged VAT on the whole job - so far.
Their client has now said that the work should have been zero rated and wants the VAT back. Taken nearly 2 years to mention it and was happily accepting and paying quotes and invoices including VAT.
As far as I can see the majority of the work undertaken was not on the approved plans for the new build and would therefore not fall under the 'minimum that's required by the planning consent' or 'basic soft landscaping' works that can be zero rated. Therefore most of the work should be standard rated.
Obviously we are looking to minimise the amout that should be repaid as under the VAT FRS my client loses out!
Can anyone see an issue with my logic or offer any guideance on further research / hmrc manuals?
- Was I rude 136 7
- Director's minimum wage? 67 2
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 43 1
- Work in progress calculation 65 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 920 29
- Help with share restructuring 78 1
- HMRC Employers Diary 557 1
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 413 8
- Advice please on best way forward 539 7
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 557 9
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 250 8
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 95 1
- Invoice factoring 203 7
- old client has come out of the woodwork 321 2
- Scoot 385 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 495 3
- paye scheme very used 253 3
- Operating lease 143 4
- Gifting shares 123 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 278 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,469
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 793
- Any views 719
- International interest certificate 434
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 404
- Sale of business 369
- NOVA 272
- Advertising services? 268
- IRIS Open Books problem 266
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 183